Time to update/upgrade the av receiver...

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
Ok cool! I'll scour ebay for x3600 and 3700. But which anthem models?
I'm not very knowledgeable about anthem but if I had to choose id go with this one;

if you can find it for a good deal this seems to be the best of the bunch in anthem's modern receivers from what a bit of googling dug up

D

ddjr

Audioholic
There is a marantz sr7500 for $158 buy it now on ebay- should I jump on it??

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Ok guys, I've educated myself a bit. Im not so interested in wattage. I like the idea of as much room correction software as possible. Two sub outputs, and screw down terminals with banana plug inputs(not sure what they're called, not rca's for speaker hookup) hdmi inputs, not vintage, but current, and is a step up(or many steps up) from my denon avr s500bt. I think that covers everything. My budget Is $500 . I know this includes denon avr-x 3000 and up, but what about:anthem, arcam, emotiva, rotel, outlaw audio, yamaha, and whatever else is out there.Im not familiar with their room correction, arc, etc. I will be buying used, either from here or ebay. Thanks for your patience and suggestions! Also, if anyone feels they have an avr that fits the bill for sale, please let me know!
I would not buy used. Save up until you can afford to buy new. Buying used is a hassle, with no warranty, and no return policy if you don't like it.

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
I would not buy used. Save up until you can afford to buy new. Buying is a hassle, with no warranty, and no return policy if you don't like it.
Some places have a return policy (amazon is the big one) for used products, BUT I agree with not having a warranty is a pain if something does go wrong.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I would not buy used. Save up until you can afford to buy new. Buying is a hassle, with no warranty, and no return policy if you don't like it.
And I kind of agree here. You're rolling the dice buying used electronics. Speakers are one thing, they can last forever properly cared for. Amplification has a finite shelf life.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Some places have a return policy (amazon is the big one) for used products, BUT I agree with not having a warranty is a pain if something does go wrong.
I was mostly alluding to used from private owners, i.e. Craiglist, Facebook Market Place, eBay etc.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
And I kind of agree here. You're rolling the dice buying used electronics. Speakers are one thing, they can last forever properly cared for. Amplification has a finite shelf life.
I know. But I have limited funds. I'm hoping someone here will have something for sale for me. In the meantime, I search!!

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic
I know. But I have limited funds. I'm hoping someone here will have something for sale for me. In the meantime, I search!!
I think Ebay has a return policy but id check into it to make sure you can at least return a product if something is busted within a time frame I would avoid shopping anywhere that you cannot test the product in person or return it at the least.

I get it though if you cant afford to get something new then I would at least check to make sure you have some coverage if it does not work out of the packaging.

D

ddjr

Audioholic
What do you guys think of the Denon AVR-4310CI AV Surround Receiver for sale here in the classifieds?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What do you guys think of the Denon AVR-4310CI AV Surround Receiver for sale here in the classifieds?
I think it's pretty outdated and no editor app compatibility.

*PS, a fantastic receiver for the day with lots of power, but I think you might find it lacking in functionality if using it for your main hub for movies and music both.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I own the MRX-740 and love the unit. Genesis ARC when it was released from Beta worked well for me. Many of the issues with it are now gone. You do however need to make sure you are on the latest firmware before attempting to run ARC. If you get the unit, check the firmware revision first and update before attempting other room correction. After running the updates you can then reset the unit back to factory if you did not buy new, then run the correction software. The MRX #40 series you update via a hard line ethernet connection. DO NOT UPDATE VIA WIFI!!!!! The older MRX#20 series you need a USB thumb drive of the proper type to update your new to you receiver. I have my receiver hardlined. I have never had update issues.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I think Ebay has a return policy but id check into it to make sure you can at least return a product if something is busted within a time frame I would avoid shopping anywhere that you cannot test the product in person or return it at the least.

I get it though if you cant afford to get something new then I would at least check to make sure you have some coverage if it does not work out of the packaging.
eBay shoppers now have to pay taxes on used items in many states. Sometimes shipping charges are exorbitant as well. Not all sellers will allow you to return items. So you have to be careful.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If you're still looking...

D

ddjr

Audioholic
If you're still looking...

I got a denon avr-x4000! I can't wait for it to arrive. That should do the trick, no?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I got a denon avr-x4000! I can't wait for it to arrive. That should do the trick, no?
It's a great receiver, but goes pretty far back. I'll have to look, but I'm not sure if you can use the app editor with it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis