Tidal is super scummy.

W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic
Signed up as a student. They never gave me the student rate, never even sent a single email or statement, but leached $22 a month from my account. Cancelled within 24 hours of a renewal and they refuse to refund it. We need legislation against this kind of crap. I should cancel a subscription at any time and not pay for a service not wanted. I don't care the product; treat it like insurance. Super scummy is the inability to connect with anyone but a stupid chat bot. Anyone have success dealing with them beyond a stupid programmed computer?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The company that uses MQA is scummy? What a surprise.

Did you use a credit card? The credit card co/bank might be of assistance?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
May want to involve BBB, your state's consumer protection agency, and upload bad reviews.

W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic
I loved the idea of MQA and all. Don't love the idea that it's all bot driven, and you can't cancel without another month and no statements. Yes, it's scummy when there's no service for a service. If my stereo had a choice, it could sign up. I'm not a bot.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I've been using Tidal for a couple years and haven't had a single problem with them. Don't believe in the MQA hype, but as a company, they at least make me feel good when I see a portion of my fee being "paid out" to the artist I streamed most in a month.
*shrugs

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If you or your parents have amazon prime, you could use Amazon music but only in artists' "station."
It's not Tital/Spotify, but free with prime, and I used it today. I selected to play the Taj Mahal, and though it switched to other artists, it stayed with solid blues, so I didn't mind.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis