lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ah, was looking at smaller version now I think I see your designations. Speakers would be behind you? why? In that case yes active speakers like perhaps JBL LSR305/306/308 series could work well. Stereo image a bit weird that way, tho but for background music or just turning around in your seat....could work.

Streak01

Streak01

Junior Audioholic
Ah, was looking at smaller version now I think I see your designations. Speakers would be behind you? why? In that case yes active speakers like perhaps JBL LSR305/306/308 series could work well. Stereo image a bit weird that way, tho but for background music or just turning around in your seat....could work.

View from desk at window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Streak01

Streak01

Junior Audioholic
Speakers in front. L shaped desk with me facing window (see pic above)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL the symbol I thought in the blow up was speakers was electrical outlet. Speakers flanking windows?

Streak01

Streak01

Junior Audioholic
LOL the symbol I thought in the blow up was speakers was electrical outlet. Speakers flanking windows?
Lol. Sorry about that. Correct on speakers flanking window. Another option is use wall opposite desk.

To give perspective … opposite wall from desk side of office. (Forgive the mess. Just moved office).

And room from stairs

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Personally would like to be in a triangle with me centered between my speakers and facing them, equilateral somewhat an ideal but a longer position back from that too. Off center not so much. Surround could help :)

Streak01

Streak01

Junior Audioholic
Personally would like to be in a triangle with my speakers, equilateral somewhat an ideal but a longer position back from that too. Off center not so much. Surround could help :)
Me too. Room simply not conducive. I could buy a new house but will cut into stereo budget!! .

I can triangulate from “ugly futon” with speakers on Pink Floyd wall but spend most of my days behind that desk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Me too. Room simply not conducive. I could buy a new house but will cut into stereo budget!! .

I can triangulate from “ugly futon” with speakers on Pink Floyd wall but spend most of my days behind that desk

LOL with your constrictions I think your plan is probably best flanking the windows, you can always center your seat for some better listening....but as far back as you sit and with the shape of the room think the soundfield would be pretty good still, if not a bit off balance (but could be adjusted with L/R levels to an extent).

Streak01

Streak01

Junior Audioholic
LOL with your constrictions I think your plan is probably best flanking the windows, you can always center your seat for some better listening....but as far back as you sit and with the shape of the room think the soundfield would be pretty good still, if not a bit off balance (but could be adjusted with L/R levels to an extent).
Shew …. (Exits Zillow app and hangs up on real estate agent)

Streak01

Streak01

Junior Audioholic
LOL so were those stands I saw part of the $750? Better than the wires/power thing....
Yes. Everything in the picture (including the cheap cabinet)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Stands like that unless you DIY could easily cost $150-200, even if you DIY something equivalent the time/effort/materials would make me lean towards just buying them....that makes the system more valuable than what you originally mentioned in any case.

Streak01

Streak01

Junior Audioholic
Stands like that unless you DIY could easily cost $150-200, even if you DIY something equivalent the time/effort/materials would make me lean towards just buying them....that makes the system more valuable than what you originally mentioned in any case.
So make offer on speakers, stands, Chromecast and NuForce (I have optical cables). Forget the ps ultimate??

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh believe me I wouldn't consider the BS Audio unit of any value :)

You have a mini optical to optical cable like the Audio Chromecast needs if you want to use a dac of your choice?

I'd make an offer on the package of speaker/amp of maybe $350, I woudn't even want the rest of it unless it was thrown in free of charge.

Streak01

Streak01

Junior Audioholic
Oh believe me I wouldn't consider the BS Audio unit of any value :)

You have a mini optical to optical cable like the Audio Chromecast needs if you want to use a dac of your choice?

I'd make an offer on the package of speaker/amp of maybe $350, I woudn't even want the rest of it unless it was thrown in free of charge.
Asking him for a deal now. Appreciate the advice

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Asking him for a deal now. Appreciate the advice

Lots of good advice. Nice thing about front firing ports is that you can have the speakers closer to the wall without too much bass coupling. Having them 3 feet out into the room is preferred but we don't always have that option. Speaker placement can have a big impact on the sound, so when you get something for that room take the time to try different speaker positions and angles.

Streak01

Streak01

Junior Audioholic
May be too aggressive on price. $600 for all except PS ultimate. Speakers, dda, speaker stands, stereo rack, cables, Chromecast audio.

Streak01

Streak01

Junior Audioholic
As a note, I am a huge Pink Floyd fan! Listen to three or four other albums staring at 10 Hour Dr. today. Will have to listen to some Pink Floyd on any stereo that I consider.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis