Thoughts on the best subwoofer brands in the 700$-1000$ range

R

runanbond

Audiophyte
I've been told that these are some of the better brands PSA, HSU, REL, SVS, Sunfire and Rhythmik. I'm going to be buying used something made in the last 5 years at that price range when it was released. Are there any others I should consider and which brands out of the ones I mentioned are the top of the top?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Cross Sunfire off your list. It is a very different sub from those others and won't be as powerful. The only subs I would get from REL are the ones with 15" cones. Those will probably be over $1K. Monoprice Monolith is definitely a brand you should consider. Also, Arendal.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
The new RSL Speedwoofer 12 will be here soon at 699.
I wouldn't buy anything until that debuts...I think it's gonna be a game-changer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I agree with Shady on Sunfire and Rel (except Rel wouldn't likely ever present a good value IMO, just overpriced for what they are). Definitely add in SVS, Monolith, RSL. Curious, where do you live where used subs are readily available across so many choices? Usually people selling a sub are not wanting to ship....and if they do the shipping can get expensive.

R

runanbond

Audiophyte
I've been told that these are some of the better brands PSA, HSU, REL, SVS, Sunfire and Rhythmik. I'm going to be buying used something made in the last 5 years at that price range when it was released. Are there any others I should 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 consider and which brands out of the ones I mentioned are the top of the top?
I got this,..

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis