its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Unfortunately I did not stay until the end of the credits. I hate when they do that stuff :/

jinjuku

jinjuku

Honestly....

With DC and Marvel pimping out all their characters and plot development so fast I'm not going to bother with the Theatrical release. The only two memorable releases from those two houses have been Spider Man and the X-Men series. Everything else has been middle of the road IMO.

May another Dark Horse character....

What they need is a movie based on Barry Ween 'Boy Genius'.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Unfortunately I did not stay until the end of the credits. I hate when they do that stuff :/
I didn't know either, just gambled that there may be something as on some others before and was rewarded.:D

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
The trailer for Green Lantern looked better than this. Thor doesn't actually look that good to me.
You said it brother. This movie looks like such crap on so many levels that I won't even go there. I will not be seeing this one and I won't even be renting it.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
As a pre teen, I read everything I could find in Greek and Norse mythology and when Thor came out in 1962, he became my favorite Marvel hero. That said, I found this movie in IMAX 3D alot of fun. The whole "god out of water" Earth segment worked for me. The Asgardian story worked as well. The fx were stellar, but brief. We only got a taste of Thor's kickass capabilities...and they are substantial. The film had a story and they chose to emphasize this. It was linear, but entertaining. If the Avengers is successful, then I'd expect more badass Thor there plus an eventual Thor 2. I guess Thor is considered too geeky for many comics fans...not to me. If you can't see this in IMAX 3D, then I'd avoid the other versions, as they have been roundly panned as being too dark...might as well see it in a nice 2D theater.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw it home yesterday in HD with DTS soundtrack - I think the movie is ok, but sound effects done really well. I think this might be keeper for about same reasons as War of the Words (2005)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Thor was my favourite of all the marvel comics so I went bought the blu-ray. From a video/audio point of view, its a fantastic movie.. Good visal affetcs coupled with equally good sourround/LFE effects. Now about the story line...
I've seen worse and I've seen better. I give the story line a solid 6/10 on this.

I always wanted to smash a coffee cup on the floor to signal the waitress I wanted another!! :D

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Watched this the other night via Netflix, the 7.1 is awesome. Started out at '0', quickly grabbed the remote went down to maybe -4, think I ended up at -8. It was a bit intense at times, it was great. Gonna re-watch again. We enjoyed it.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I watched it yesterday (courtesy of Netflix). I thought it wasn't bad. The story wasn't great, but the acting was decent and overall the writing wasn't dumb. The effects were good and the sound was great. A notepad that had been sitting on top of my subwoofer for months fell off.

I would say this movie gets a solid B or maybe B+.

Jim

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i liked this movie.

of the recent comic book movies i like them in this order:
x-men first class (because i'm an xmen fan) > thor > captain america > big space for the next movie > green lantern

first two because they're good bass movies as well :)

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Tried to watch my disc last night with the new receiver hooked up. My regular blu-ray won't play, I get a disc read error on the PS3. However the 3D version works just fine.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
I watched this over the weekend via a Redbox rental on my LG BD370.

The bass was there as were the dynamic. I was a bit disappointed with the surround effects. My daughter (female cocker spaniel) didn't like the bass at all. It made her nervous.

The plot? Meh... It was a comic book movie. It wasn't the best or worse I've seen. It was towards the upper middle.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis