This Video Made Me Miss You Guys (Transmission Line Speakers)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
TLS Guy
Glad to see you chime in on the transmission line details. I was also happy to see you agreed that the Salks are mass loaded lines. Beyond that, the dissertation on TL's was thoroughly over my head. I nodded accordingly and in an approving manner as I read it, but, if there were to be a quiz on the 2nd two paragraphs, I would probably not get a passing grade.

One of the things I love about the AH is the wealth information that's available. Even if some of the info is beyond my simple understanding of designs, I appreciate that there are members here who do understand it and can talk about it. I do love my Salks. Talking smack about their 1/4 wave TL design just helps me when visitors come over and they need a little techno talk. The speakers do the rest of the talking. Enjoyed your comment Mark.
May be a picture is worth a thousand words.

Closed pipe.

Open pipe.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Seems like those are specifically classed as 1/4 wave (or was it 1/2 wave) transmission line speakers. Either way amazingly good bass for the size of the driver!
I was impressed. When he was nice enough to invite me over I'm pretty sure we listened with and without a sub. They have some real legit, good bass. Really, unless you're a bassaholic or listen to a lot of deep orchestral or synthesized bass you could get by quite well without a sub. Absolutely gorgeous to look at too. I love the finish you chose for them Buck.

I'm a bit of a bassaholic tho, and definitely appreciated the close range sub you have firing right into the back of the chair too! lol.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I was impressed. When he was nice enough to invite me over I'm pretty sure we listened with and without a sub. They have some real legit, good bass. Really, unless you're a bassaholic or listen to a lot of deep orchestral or synthesized bass you could get by quite well without a sub. Absolutely gorgeous to look at too. I love the finish you chose for them Buck.

I'm a bit of a bassaholic tho, and definitely appreciated the close range sub you have firing right into the back of the chair too! lol.
yup, and now that I have replaced the old Klipsch sub with a new Monolith/Monoprice THX certified sub, I may install a seat belt in the listening chair. Its a wonderful thing. It was great before, its over the top now.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

Considering you are talking about 5" woofers, that says a lot!
But you are right, the bass is pretty darn good!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
yup, and now that I have replaced the old Klipsch sub with a new Monolith/Monoprice THX certified sub, I may install a seat belt in the listening chair. Its a wonderful thing. It was great before, its over the top now.
Really?! Oh man, I'll bet that sounds (feels?) amazing! I haven't had a chance to listen to one of those yet, but they've reviewed really well. Congrats!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Dude, I am using all the restraint I have not to lay down the most obvious punchline in town.
It hurts
I have no clue what you are talking about.

:cool:

Best I ever saw was while shopping for high end computer monitors for the graphics department at an old job: "Its not the size of the screen that matters... its the refresh rate." :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Any thoughts/experiences on the two Dayton TL kit speakers, the Tritrix or Solstice?
Oh, those look fun. My interest has been piqued with tl speakers. I love the physics behind them. I could almost want to tackle a kit like that. A big one for me is of course, I want to know they're gonna knock my socks off when they're finished.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, those look fun. My interest has been piqued with tl speakers. I love the physics behind them. I could almost want to tackle a kit like that. A big one for me is of course, I want to know they're gonna knock my socks off when they're finished.
Yep I have a TL itch but not sure I want to build my own cabs. The Solstice is more tempting :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis