Thinking Without the Box

S

Sound22Card

Audiophyte
Has anyone been experimenting with different material mediums for baffle-less speakers (using exciters)? Does there seem to be a maximum size that can be used before the functionality falls apart? Has anyone tried a 4x8 foot sheet of ....anything, that seems to work? The 2'x2' square of 1" thick, (pink) hard insulation has shown amazing results for me. The clarity, due to the speed, and increased broadcasting surface.....seem to free up the various waves.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If you haven't seen these, this guy has done a fair amount of analysis/experimentation and has what seems to be a fairly advanced strategy on the medium (in the second video, but watch the first to get the perspective and get a sense of some of how he tested and the theory behind eliminating resonance peaks in the panels). I guess e is a physicist, but either way his approach is sound (pun intended) and he tested a lot of materials.
I saw these earlier in the year and am very intrigued and have to wonder just how good they are. He is excited about his results, but we don't know what his reference/experience is for quality sound!

You can skip to around 5 minutes in the first video (above) if you want to get straight to the material discussion

S

Sound22Card

Audiophyte
Yup! Seen these, and a few more of what YouTube has to offer. I just like a more 'human' interaction...haha. Thanks for this KEW.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis