The "tweets" button

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Any way to disable this? I didn't see anything in options.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
And why, when I press it, is the first thing I see a tweet about abortion?

If you're going to float that button there, could you at least make it lead to audio stuff, and not political crap?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
And why, when I press it, is the first thing I see a tweet about abortion?

If you're going to float that button there, could you at least make it lead to audio stuff, and not political crap?
I don't know who tweeted that, but I deleted the post from our page. thanks for pointing it out.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, just ad block it.

The placement is a little irritating, but the content is basically RSS-feed-like and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Has their articles, reviews, etc. all in order of delivery, pretty nice use of twitter.

I think a good spot for the button would be the top right corner. Or at least the right side. It's just when you read from left to right seeing the 'tweets' thing is a bit distracting. I think it needs to be away from content.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
What tweet button? :rolleyes:

Seriously - What's the purpose of Like "button" other than to say xxx liked it ?:confused:

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
If you use Adblock, just right click on it and select the option not to show it.
Hm. Did you do this successfully? Sliding the Adblock bar back and forth, I can remove the "tweets" text from the button. If I remove the button, it removes many other page elements with it.

The placement and floating nature of it are really distracting to me. I keep wanting to swat at it or wipe my monitor. I have no problem with a "tweets" link, but the implementation is pretty awful IMO. A static link at the top of the page would be much more preferable.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Hm. Did you do this successfully? Sliding the Adblock bar back and forth, I can remove the "tweets" text from the button. If I remove the button, it removes many other page elements with it.

The placement and floating nature of it are really distracting to me. I keep wanting to swat at it or wipe my monitor. I have no problem with a "tweets" link, but the implementation is pretty awful IMO. A static link at the top of the page would be much more preferable.
ADP for Chrome makes it disappear entirely, like magic - Poof !

Speaking of site improvements - Yes, I get it - FB, Twitter, like and share buttons - It's all attempts to bring social integration , to keep the site up to date with current trends...

However, I personally could care less about all this and rather get Tapatalk integration (or just mobile optimized theme) so forums could easier to use from mobile devices, which are slowly but surely killing the pc

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I'm using Chrome. Can you tell me what you did?

I might just go manually add a filter but I'm having trouble finding a syntax guide.

baniels

baniels

Audioholic
^I've tried right clicking on it with Chrome/adblock, but the best I can do is get it to be a blank button. It is grey with no words, but it still appears and links to twitter.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Can you please change it's position or get rid of it? It's distracting, and makes using the forum on mobile devices more cumbersome.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Can you please change it's position or get rid of it? It's distracting, and makes using the forum on mobile devices more cumbersome.
Yes it does. I freaking hate that thing. It makes the site slow and really takes up a lot of space on my phone's screen. Every time I come to this site I notice it and seethe with anger. I'm not even kidding.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Clint is working on removing the Tweet button. Stay tuned...

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Awesome news, thank you. Like I said earlier, I think it's a good link to have on the page..... it's just the weird floating non-moving position of it that's annoying. I think the top navigation bar would be a good place for it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis