The suspense is killing me.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I hate suspensefull situations & this one is killing me,more than killing me its eating me up.:mad::confused::):eek:

Heres the deal,i tripped over a rare peice of gear that is listed in the wrong area of ebay,not only is it listed wrong its spelled wrong too so it dont come up in the search engine,there is no picture in the list of items page & the auction heading makes no sense & does not make a buyer think a peice of valueable gear is whats being sold,basically the seller screwed up in every possible way,the item is for pick up only to boot:D:D

2 days left till i find out if anybody else stumbled across this peice or if i got it for pennies on the dollar,i feel like im 9 years old all over again & trying to go to sleep on xmas eve,its killing me.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I hate suspensefull situations & this one is killing me,more than killing me its eating me up.:mad::confused::):eek:

Heres the deal,i tripped over a rare peice of gear that is listed in the wrong area of ebay,not only is it listed wrong its spelled wrong too so it dont come up in the search engine,there is no picture in the list of items page & the auction heading makes no sense & does not make a buyer think a peice of valueable gear is whats being sold,basically the seller screwed up in every possible way,the item is for pick up only to boot:D:D

2 days left till i find out if anybody else stumbled across this peice or if i got it for pennies on the dollar,i feel like im 9 years old all over again & trying to go to sleep on xmas eve,its killing me.

Okay, I'm going over to ebay and look for some Macintooshes. ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Of course, you made me try to find it! No luck so far. :D

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Well 9 times out of 10 I’d bet it’s that women who was on (the judge Judy show) who was buggered over for selling dodgy items on the Ebay!:(

Try using other random keywords and see that helps.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Okay, I'm going over to ebay and look for some Macintooshes. ;)
I constantly scan ebay using all kind of crazy spellings but ive never fell into anything like this,now on audiogon thats a different story,when i found my line arrays on agon the guy had them listed as Mckwintowshe spakers & listed under the tweak section,i was the 6th person to veiw the ad & couldnt drive to the bank fast enough.

This listing here is crazy,i wasnt even looking for audio,for an example lets say i was looking for a fishing pole & saw a mispelled ad for a toaster,in the sporting goods section:confused:,with no pic,i click on the ad & low & behold there it is,a mint condition %^&ytg%$#@! ,my eyes popped out of my head:eek:

If & when i do win the auction & get my hot little hands on this puppy ill post a full spread of pics of it,im also planning on taking a greasy wad of cash with me to the sellers house just incase he has any other audio gear listed in the washer & dryer section on ebay.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Of course, you made me try to find it! No luck so far. :D
I was wondering who would be the first to admit they looked:D

This listing is so screwed up that i allmost feel bad for the guy,allmost;)

Oh & by the way guys,ill give ya a little hint,its not a Mcintosh product but it is extremely hi end equipment,more so than Mcintosh.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Well 9 times out of 10 I’d bet it’s that women who was on (the judge Judy show) who was buggered over for selling dodgy items on the Ebay!:(

Try using other random keywords and see that helps.
I'd be willing to bet a months salary that this auction is on the level & not a con job,local in person pick up only is pretty hard to run a scam on plus this guy is selling quite a bit of other stuff.

majorloser

majorloser

If you tell me you picked up some massive Mac monoblock for $50 next week..........:mad:

EDIT: and if you tell me you picked up a Krell monoblock..............I'll cry.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
YOu guys have to post it when it is finished, I will dig to find the post if it gets buried (going on vacation and no access to internets for me for 9 days.:D). I had better be impressed.;)

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
I DO live in the states and for that kind of deal, I'll drive up and get it;)

I'd like to say Eureka!, but I can't. Hope it works out for you. I looked at a full set of RBH T's with surrounds on there recently and thougt maybe I'd found a real deal. They were listed for $120 starting bid with no reserve. No bids for several days. The more I looked, though, the more I figured out it was a fraud. Fleabay took it off the next day with only 1+ left to go.

So, what kind of Arrays did you find on Audiogon?:)

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
So, what kind of Arrays did you find on Audiogon?:)
These babies right here:D

I found em for $2,500 and they were for local pick up only,the best part is that only the most anal audiophile would consider them less than mint,i kept going over them looking for a flaw before i bought them & could find none.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
You going to fill us in on what the item was highfihoney? Did you get it and where are our pics?

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Oh i got it,the pics will be comming this weekend,i will have pics up by sunday evening,too bad i dont need it or it would be perfect in my system & Majorlooser guessed correctly,it was a Mcintosh product & not vintage either,its a current model:D

Sunday evening:eek:

majorloser

majorloser

Oh i got it,the pics will be comming this weekend,i will have pics up by sunday evening,too bad i dont need it or it would be perfect in my system & Majorlooser guessed correctly,it was a Mcintosh product & not vintage either,its a current model:D

Sunday evening:eek:

grumble, grumble, grumble :mad:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
local pickup for those arrays? what kind of car did you bring? a truck?

can't wait for your new McIntosh pic

beautiful room btw

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks mike.

Yes on the local pick up,the seller was a excentric man to say the least & he had super expensive systems in every room,ive still never seen anybody else's house with a hi end tube monoblock system in the kitchen:eek:

This cat had gear everywhere,i still look at his audiogon username every day just to see if he makes another spelling error in one of his listings,no luck yet though.

I think im going to put the line array's away for a while & bring out the JBL L-250's,i have'nt had them in a system i a few years & i miss them.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I think im going to put the line array's away for a while & bring out the JBL L-250's,i have'nt had them in a system i a few years & i miss them.
JBL?! :D:eek: Now you're talkin', HFH!

Good catch on the Mc.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
OK, so what exactly was it. Is there a possibility you could post the link to the ending sale. (Assuming you bookmarked it instead of "watch this item":D)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis