D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Just a random thought about Jagger and Richards. The best? I dunno, but I think Jagger was probably the most influential frontman in rock. Loved that blues-based roots of their rock. I think they kinda get overlooked by the Beatles, Led Zep I-IV, and even U2 live, but in terms of longevity I think they're still at the center of rock in general and all its various forms. Some of their covers were even better than the originals, but once they broke away from that is when they truly became great.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Jagger took a LOT of inspiration on how he carries himself on stage and fronts the band directly from James Brown.

I had never really thought that Richards was that good of a guitarist.....UNTIL I saw "Muddy Waters / The Rolling Stones Live at the Checkerboard Lounge"! When you see Richards go lick for lick with Muddy Waters, you realize how talented he is! Note--The checkerboard lounge is owned by Buddy Guy.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They have their place. I like some of their stuff, some not so much. Their longevity has been amazing. I fondly remember doing some work for a tour in the 80s where we were able to leave our delivery truck in the parking lot at Candlestick for the show, filled with couches, bbq's, ice chests full of beer, etc, for the actual in-line wait for the show (couldn't score backstage passes that time as only did a small amount of work). My dad and his (later our) company is mentioned in this story about an earlier tour, from Patrick Stansfield who I worked with many other acts on tours for logistics, altho Pat got some spelling and a few things not quite right, still an interesting slice of history.... https://www.lockheed.adastron.com/constellation/stones-connie.htm

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I seem to remember Jagger went to business school and that helped him make the Stones into a marketable 'brand'.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I've heard Jagger's strut was based on a "rooster" but can't confirm that.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Jagger did attend the London School of Economics but believe he didn't finish but rather got busy with the band.....

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I always preferred Roger Daltrey of the Who. Best front man ever IMHO.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Jagger took a LOT of inspiration on how he carries himself on stage and fronts the band directly from James Brown.

I had never really thought that Richards was that good of a guitarist.....UNTIL I saw "Muddy Waters / The Rolling Stones Live at the Checkerboard Lounge"! When you see Richards go lick for lick with Muddy Waters, you realize how talented he is! Note--The checkerboard lounge is owned by Buddy Guy.
He's not a flashy solo player, but he plays what the song needs. 'Can't You Hear Me Knockin' is a good example.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Jagger did attend the London School of Economics but believe he didn't finish but rather got busy with the band.....
As a band, they're probably the best run business in music.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As a band, they're probably the best run business in music.
Eventually....that tour my dad worked on made him not want to do it again, why I ended up handling that end of the business :)

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've attended two Rolling Stones concerts: Some Girls at Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY and ten years later, Steel Wheels at Fairgrounds, Louisville, KY. I would love to attend the upcoming tour; however, I have been informed the band will not be performing in my area. I have many of the Stones works on LP, as well as CD and SACD. Their latest works are the most compelling, like Hate To See You Go.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis