The Rise of Skywalker

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh boy. I've all but personally boycotted anything Star Wars after The Last Jedi. So many missteps in my opinion and Ryan Johnson's reactions to fans and critics really turned me off. To this day he's still a complete shithead about it.

I did however, really enjoy The Force Awakens and JJ Abrams is back at the helm for the third in this trilogy. Are you guys stoked about it or just done with Star Wars? I remember walking out of the theater after TLJ and thinking to myself "What did I just watch? By golly I think that might have just straight up sucked!". By the end of the weekend I could see I wasn't alone. I guess I'm holding out hope that JJ can get things back on track and crossing my fingers.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Haven't been in theater in ages. Honestly, don't even plan to be before next Avatar comes out. I am a fan of the original Star Wars trilogy and SOME of the more recent movies are OK, but boy, none of them hold the candle to original 3.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't hold such grudges. As you stated, Abrams is back so it should be a good one.
Depending on crowd size maybe week 4/5 after release. ;) :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'll just wait until its available as a bluray rental on Netflix....I've not been too impressed with Star Wars altho they can be fun to watch. Not very good sci-fi, tho.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Last Jedi was good. Rogue One was better. Saw both in theaters.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Last Jedi was good. Rogue One was better. Saw both in theaters.
There were things I liked about TLJ, but a whole lot more I didn't like. Johnson's treatment of the Luke Skywalker character was downright disrespectful and completely missed the mark, imo. Mark Hamilton himself was pretty vocal about it.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
I dunno. TLJ was the last movie I saw in a theater (a good one, in Imax), and it will be the last Star Wars I see in a theater. I enjoyed TFA, wasn't overwhelmed by it. It was good, not great. TLJ I thought sucked even while I was watching it. Nothing about it made any sense. It's been on Netflix, for free, in my own theater, for months now and I'm only vaguely tempted to rewatch it. Maybe I'll see TROS when it comes out on disc. Disney has killed Star Wars for me. I just don't care.

The only thing they could do that would make me part with more money at this point would be to remaster and release the complete soundtracks of all six George Lucas films, from the best available source material. Short of that, they won't get my money. I may not buy the soundtrack for TROS at all, and that's saying something.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I dunno, the idea that the Emperor is actually inhabiting Rey's body like some parasite (who was revealed to be a clone in The Last Jedi in the cave scene) is kind of farked up, IMO. Given they reveal that The Emperor is the first Skywalker (he is Anakin's genetic father and Rey is taken from Anakin, not Luke's DNA, which is why she's so overpowered and inherently knows how to do everything even though she's not consciously aware of the Emperor until this last film.... meh. I never liked the idea that the Emperor survived Vader throwing him down the reactor shaft in spirit form or whatever. It's ultra-cheese and undoes the prophesy from the (admittedly also cheesy) prequels.

They were originally going to continue with Rey as the new Emperor into the next Trilogy (so they could essentially reboot the same damn plot all over again using the new characters), but Daisy doesn't to be in anymore Star Wars movies so she will be killed off at the end and thus ending the Skywalker line forever.

BTW, the Han Solo movie wasn't that bad (best of the 'new' Star Wars movies, IMO; I didn't care for Rogue One that much given the cheesy "ground tidal wave" effects and lack of light saber activity). I'd preferred the guy look more like Harrison Ford (they actually had that option; an actor that portrayed him in another movie at a younger age posted himself doing classic Star Wars scenes on YouTube and he had it nailed. It was uncanny. But this guy is more famous so.... blah.)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis