The Remake Vs. The Sequel!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well folks, it looks like most would rather see Iron Man II. Nothing wrong with that as I voted the same way. It does look to be a good film. Plan to see it sometime real soon. ;):eek:;)

Cheers,

Phil

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I can't wait to see Iron Man 2. I have zero desire to see the new nightmare on elm st.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
I just read the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes for Ironman2, the overall consensus so far seems to be that the movie is entertaining but convoluted and lacks the goodtime feel of the first.
Iron Man II looks like a mild disappointment by comparison to #1, but the reviews for Nightmare are utterly brutal.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
IRON MAN II looks really promising to me.

The addition of War Machine and especially the very hot Black Widow is a major plus+++:D

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Iron Man II looks like a mild disappointment by comparison to #1, but the reviews for Nightmare are utterly brutal.
Most the critics so far seem to be saying it's visually pretty cool but it's just not scary at all. It's hard to say if scary movies are any good solely based on critics opinions, many times they just rate things based on 'Oscarability', not entertainment value. I usually try to get a consensus between critics and moviegoers to get a better feel for how it may be. Right now on Rotten Tomatoes Nightmare has a 13% approval by critics but 65% fan approval. Hard to tell what to make of that wide a spread.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
i'm sure that iron man 2 will be great.. also its building up for all the avenger related movies that are coing out.. this will be a cool couple of years with thor and captain america coming out.

I thought the original nightmare was one of the scariest movies ever when it came out.. i might have to re watch it and see if it holds up :) then watch the new one

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
i'm sure that iron man 2 will be great.. also its building up for all the avenger related movies that are coing out.. this will be a cool couple of years with thor and captain america coming out.

I thought the original nightmare was one of the scariest movies ever when it came out.. i might have to re watch it and see if it holds up :) then watch the new one
I watched the original Nightmare a few months ago and it's still scary but it is extemely dated, to the point of being almost comical at parts. Most these are the parts without Freddy, but you definately know it was made in the 80's. Still a good flick to watch though.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Once again, it appears that most want to see Iron Man II. Not too sure if I will go see Elm Street or not. Might just wait and use it as a rental on one of those days when there is nothing else to rent. Really looking forward to seeing Iron Man II. though. In fact, it won't be soon enough as far as I am concerned.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hope to go see Iron Man 2 this weekend sometime. Especially, after being disappointed by Nightmare On Elm Street. I am sure Iron Man 2 will be a much better film. ;):eek:;) Anybody else plan on seeing it this weekend?

Cheers,

Phil

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I'm going to watch it Friday. I normally don't see movies on opening day or even the first weekend because of all the kids/teenagers, but for Iron Man I'll make an exception :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I'm going to watch it Friday. I normally don't see movies on opening day or even the first weekend because of all the kids/teenagers, but for Iron Man I'll make an exception :D
I agree 100%. Films like Iron Man 2 are an exception to the rule so to speak. Be sure to post and let us know what your thoughts are. Inquiring minds want to know. ;):eek:;)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, after seeing Iron Man 2 this afternoon, I can easily say it is much much much better than Elm. St. In fact, Iron Man 2 is as good as, if not better than, the first imho. I am very glad that I went and seen it today. Too bad I couldn't say the same about Elm St. That should tell you all something. ;):p;)

Cheers,

Phil

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I also thought Iron Man 2 was great. Did you stay till after the credits to see the little teaser?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I also thought Iron Man 2 was great. Did you stay till after the credits to see the little teaser?
Great-no sorry I had to go to the restroom as I drank too much soda. ;):p;) What did I miss?

Cheers,

Phil

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
A SHIELD agent - presumably the same guy from earlier in the film who was supposed to be watching over Tony - is driving through the desert and pulls up to a hill or whatever overlooking a large crater. He calls somebody on his phone and says "Sir, we've found him." The camera pans out and you see Thor's hammer, so I guess that's gonna be one of the next Marvel movies to come out :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
A SHIELD agent - presumably the same guy from earlier in the film who was supposed to be watching over Tony - is driving through the desert and pulls up to a hill or whatever overlooking a large crater. He calls somebody on his phone and says "Sir, we've found him." The camera pans out and you see Thor's hammer, so I guess that's gonna be one of the next Marvel movies to come out :D
Thanks for the info. I must say it sounds very interesting. Personally, I am already looking forward to Iron Man 3! ;):eek:;)

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis