The Remake Vs. The Sequel!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, there are a couple of films that will be released very soon. In fact, one will be released this Friday April 30th, 2010 and the other the following Friday May 7th, 2010. That being said, the question is which of these two films do YOU think YOU would rather see? I am just curious and thought it would be interesting to see how other forum members feel as well. Without any further delay, here are the two films I am referring to:

Nightmare On Elm Street, Rated R and being released this Friday. here is a link:

http://www.nightmareonelmstreet.com/

Iron Man II., Rated PG-13 and being released May 7th. Here is a link:

http://ironmanmovie.marvel.com/

Please make your selection and feel free to share your thoughts. Perhaps, a mod could come up with a poll? That is, one for the "Remake" and the other for the "Sequel".

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, I forgot to vote myself. Like the others here I vote for Iron Man II.! However, I still may go see Elm Street before it is all said and done. ;):eek:;)

Cheers,

Phil

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
ironman 2 is a theater experience, elmstreet is a rental
For sure. Not even sure if Elmstreet will be worthy of a rental. It is another example of a film that did NOT need to be remade.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
For sure. Not even sure if Elmstreet will be worthy of a rental. It is another example of a film that did NOT need to be remade.

I agree, there are alot of movies that have been remade recently. I'm not sure if they need to be remade or not.. sometimes I think its cool seeing the new special effects, but agree they didnt really add anything. Its almost like doing a cover of a classic song.. the original is always better but its cool to see/hear other interpretations.

I did like the rob zombie holloweens, I enjoyed the added back ground he gave on mike myers.. but the story was basically the same as the original.. so it was really just like extended scenes..

The thing with Elmstreet, is its wierd to see little Kelly from bad news bears playing freddie.. you just always assume robert englund will play the part :)

I think they are all worth renting, save them up for th eweekend when there is just nothing better to watch.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ironman II.

Elm St: rental, if that. Though I have to say that I thought the remake of Friday the 13th wasn't terrible and maybe this one will be OK too. It just shows though that they really have no new ideas to work with...

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Iron man all the way, never driven down that street and never really plan to ;)

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't think choosing between those two is a level playground. I think the choices should be between Predators and the new Elm Street. Given that choice I'd go see Predators, hands down.:D

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
damn they really are running out of ideas, what other remakes are coming out??

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Apparently the new Iron Man movie is getting trashed. From what is being said about it probably deserves it. Sounds like it is another Transformers 2. Ugh!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Apparently the new Iron Man movie is getting trashed. From what is being said about it probably deserves it. Sounds like it is another Transformers 2. Ugh!!
With the exception that the first Transformers wasn't any good while Ironman was :p

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

I just read the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes for Ironman2, the overall consensus so far seems to be that the movie is entertaining but convoluted and lacks the goodtime feel of the first.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
With the exception that the first Transformers wasn't any good while Ironman was :p
Compared to the 2nd. The First transformers was the film of the century. I'm still offended about that movie.

Ironman was awesome. The 2nd will probably be ok.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I don't think choosing between those two is a level playground. I think the choices should be between Predators and the new Elm Street. Given that choice I'd go see Predators, hands down.:D
I have to agree here. However, these two films are being released so closely that I decided to compare them. No real reason other than that.

Cheers,

Phil

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Pick your poison. On the one hand you have a decent old horror movie that was a classic in its era, spawned a generation of kids Halloween costumes and didn't need a remake. Like what can they add? How much more digital blood does it take to make Freddie better? This one looks like a loser on the trailer.

On the other hand, with Iron Man, you have a sequel to a pretty good superhero flick, but I have not been impressed by the trailer to this one either. Mickey Rourke looks like The Wrestler with better tools....not a good premise. Also, I have to admit that I'm getting tired of Robert Downey in the wake of Sherlock Holmes.

I suggest dumping both of them and seeing City Island.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
damn they really are running out of ideas, what other remakes are coming out??
Conan is being remade also.

Compared to the 2nd. The First transformers was the film of the century. I'm still offended about that movie.
To be honest, I actually liked the second one better. It at least didn't pretend to have a story.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis