The Perfect Solution for Home Theater Bass Optimization Here!

What's your plan for optimizing the bass in your home theater?

• Multi-sub

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Multi-sub + EQ

Votes: 45 66.2%
  • Bass Traps with one sub

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Auto-EQ. One button rule them all.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • All of the above

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Screw that, I'll just stick with headphones

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
S

Stephen Novosel

Enthusiast
Hi Gene,

Am I understanding this correctly -- that the miniDSP works in conjunction with HT multiple sub optimization by "working" only with the front left and right channels? Or, can the optimization somehow include the center channel? Or does optimization with the center channel only occur separately from the L & R? Does one have to purchase the miniDSP 88A (with the bass management plug-in) in order to optimize multiple subs with those front three? And if yes to the last, then what does one "give up" by not being able to use/import REW files (into the 88)?

Thank you.

SeismicHT

SeismicHT

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for the answers, I just want to make sure I'm on the right track before spending $$$. If it doesn't work out I can always send it back to Amazon.
Start with a 2x4 HD. Much better than standard. Several reasons. I would recommend running Multi Sub Optimizer (MSO) with it. Amazing results.

You can also upgrade an HD with software firmware plugin for Dirac down the road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SeismicHT

SeismicHT

Audioholic Intern
Hi Gene,

Am I understanding this correctly -- that the miniDSP works in conjunction with HT multiple sub optimization by "working" only with the front left and right channels? Or, can the optimization somehow include the center channel? Or does optimization with the center channel only occur separately from the L & R? Does one have to purchase the miniDSP 88A (with the bass management plug-in) in order to optimize multiple subs with those front three? And if yes to the last, then what does one "give up" by not being able to use/import REW files (into the 88)?

Thank you.
Great question.

The 88A uses Dirac Live. Much more accurate and automated right? Perhaps the 4x10 without Dirac would also do the same?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SeismicHT

SeismicHT

Audioholic Intern

Hey gang. This is a sweep of my 4 Sealed 4cuft SI HT18 Subs in my room. There is absolutely no DSP or eq applied. One sweep is a pair front another sweep is a pair rear and the third is all 4 together.

I’m trying to determine what my cabin gain looks like. Clearly I’ve got a huge kick above 30 which needs some taming, but below 20, based on what the cabs falloff is, what would you say about my low freq gain?

Anything else in this worth commenting on? I was somewhat pleased with the outcome.

I need to sweep a cab outdoors to compare the sweep but I’m comparing it to the data-bass results in this exact system for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

J

Jerry01

Audiophyte
Sorry to ask maybe a stupid question, but I just got a pair of SVS SB3000 subs, and I was looking for "the scene in Dark Knight Rises... when the Batwing takes off". I have the DVD version of that movie, and could only find scenes where the Batwing is shown in the hanger or flying, but nothing where it takes off. Admittingly, I was impatiently using the FF/rewind functions finding anywhere where I saw the Batwing, but I never could find a spot where it takes off. Is this maybe a case where this scene is only in the BluRay or something?
I'm guessing you have sort of a list of scenes (movie and time where it occurs) that you use for testing out a sub, rather than watching a ton of movies in full. It'd be pretty awesome to have at least a highlights version of that posted.
Thanks for all the great info and reviews on your site. I really appreciate it.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Sorry to ask maybe a stupid question, but I just got a pair of SVS SB3000 subs, and I was looking for "the scene in Dark Knight Rises... when the Batwing takes off". I have the DVD version of that movie, and could only find scenes where the Batwing is shown in the hanger or flying, but nothing where it takes off. Admittingly, I was impatiently using the FF/rewind functions finding anywhere where I saw the Batwing, but I never could find a spot where it takes off. Is this maybe a case where this scene is only in the BluRay or something?
I'm guessing you have sort of a list of scenes (movie and time where it occurs) that you use for testing out a sub, rather than watching a ton of movies in full. It'd be pretty awesome to have at least a highlights version of that posted.
Thanks for all the great info and reviews on your site. I really appreciate it.
I don't know the specific chapter, but it's right after the cops surround him on the highway. Once he gets out of there he heads into the city into an dark ally and then he takes off in The Bat.

S

schlager

Audiophyte
For best subwoofer integration and best seat to seat consistency, I can wholehearted recommend Multi-Sub Optimizer.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis