D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
FYI for anyone that only saw the 250W rating, that is with only one channel driven (hate it when they use that spec). More typical rating is 120W 2-channels driven into 8 ohms.
Yeah they all pretty much do that I never trust those specs by any manufacturer anyway

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah they all pretty much do that I never trust those specs by any manufacturer anyway
Yup. Gotta see them real world measurements.

This one is quite interesting I have to say. I still have my Onkyo 809 and it's working great. I'd like to get my 5.1.4 setup complete in my office and this or my current Denon 4300h would work very well.

The price on this is nice too for everything you're getting. Interesting.

E

EBN

Audioholic
I wonder how good the preout section is rated to run external amps. Sometimes these avr preouts can be a little light on the output voltage some amps need at 1.2 to 1.5 from the preouts to be driven to there full potential
Hopefully they have implemented something similar what is being used in sister company Integra receivers as they likely share lot of parts and design overall. Integra was praised on this part by Gene:

Great Preamp section for using external amplification

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hopefully they have implemented something similar what is being used in sister company Integra receivers as they likely share lot of parts and design overall. Integra was praised on this part by Gene:

Great Preamp section for using external amplification

Man I hope so good article. I wish they would provide that in the specs tho. It makes buying amps hard if you don't know

C

Coleboy5

Audiophyte
FYI, I asked Onkyo USA when preorders would ship and all I got was “the receiver will be in stock late Dec.” Pretty disheartening considering I have all new Polk reserves and nothing to power them :(

Theetjuh

Theetjuh

Enthusiast
FYI, I asked Onkyo USA when preorders would ship and all I got was “the receiver will be in stock late Dec.” Pretty disheartening considering I have all new Polk reserves and nothing to power them :(
What I read on AVS, quite a few already got theirs.

Theetjuh

Theetjuh

Enthusiast
Interesting. I wonder if they were reviewers or if I just missed the first wave of shipments?
Probably you missed the first wave, there are also still a few waiting for their shipment.

Me in the EU has to wait till nov/dec at minimum.

C

Coleboy5

Audiophyte
Just a heads up - lx-505 in stock @ hideflifestyle.com for those in the us

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

...weird. Now it works. Temporary glitch?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis