panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Has anyone tried the Bluetooth TX or RX and had any issues. I can not get a reliable connection that stays connected within the same room. I have tried connecting my phone to the receiver and it will not stay connected. I have tried connecting the receiver to a wireless speaker and to ear buds. Very hard to get them to pair, and when they do, it tends to lose the connection. This is whether I am a few feet away or further.
They have more advanced options that will work better for you than bluetooth. Depending on your specific model it looks like most/all of them support Chromecast and AirPlay 2. So as long as you're an Android or iOS user you should be covered.

That should be much less of a headache for you.

S

Saltydog

Audiophyte
They have more advanced options that will work better for you than bluetooth. Depending on your specific model it looks like most/all of them support Chromecast and AirPlay 2. So as long as you're an Android or iOS user you should be covered.

That should be much less of a headache for you

That should be much less of a headache for you.
Thanks for the response. That is true, but it will not help to connect the reciever to a bluetooth speaker or earbuds.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Just read the review on his results on Onkyo's RZ50 over at ASR. Wow! Gotta love his sense of humor.
............. (No Game) :D
Screenshot_20220212-195353~2.png

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You mean to tell me there are outfits selling pricey AVRs that underwhelm and underperform? I’m shocked, just shocked.;)

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
Rz50 is still a great option, I’ve spent a few days testing and it sounds great. ASR is a resource but I can’t always trust his numbers and findings.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Rz50 is still a great option, I’ve spent a few days testing and it sounds great. ASR is a resource but I can’t always trust his numbers and findings.
Most of the results weren't a killer except for the nanny protection when your running a 4ohm load. But if your using the preouts you wouldn't worry about that anyway and those have plenty of headroom

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
You mean to tell me there are outfits selling pricey AVRs that underwhelm and underperform? I’m shocked, just shocked.;)
ASR, doesn't recommend the Onkyo RZ50. He stated, if Onkyo can do something about the 4 Ohm flop than he (may) recommend. ASR was pretty adamant about how crappy it performed with a 4 Ohm load. :D other than that it's a,:cool:
Screenshot_20220213-034009~2.png

Poor Pink Panther.:D

Last edited:
N

noclue

Audioholic
They state 8-6 ohm specs for it on its specs may have to use a amp to get it to run stable

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
They state 8-6 ohm specs for it on its specs may have to use a amp to get it to run stable
Well there's one dude on this Onkyo thread with the RZ50, he stated he isn't having any issues. Like other's have stated, what AVR out new now doesn't have bugs or isn't issues free. Denon, Yamaha, Marantz have and have had issues. Onkyo will get it worked out with firmware update's.

N

noclue

Audioholic
I am still waiting for mine I was just stating what the specs said. I also reached out to onky about the speakers i was looking to get and they would dip down to for 4 ohms. he replied the best i can renumber that it would damage or be hard on the AVR I would have to go though my email to get the exact quote but i remember that i would need a separate amp to drive them after i got the email

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
He didn’t recommend the Yamaha RX-V6A either.;) Then, he s#%t all over a refurbished 3080. When Amir s#%ts on Denons and Yamahas, you can bet nobody around here wants to hear about it. But, they’ll quote him all day long if he s#%ts on an Onkyo.

Some will let their foolish pride keep them from dropping a few coin on an Onkyo to tinker with Dirac. They're happy to hook up that little black box Denon sent them for f#%king up last year. Some Yamaha owners are covering their eyes and ears until the HDMI 2.1 firmware update comes in. “They’ll see, just wait, they’ll see! It’s gonna’ be worth all of the money and the wait.”

I run five 4ohm speakers with my little budget Onkyo. It sounds good and never gets too hot. The last time I cranked up the RX-V6A and touched the top cover, it f#%kin’ left marks.:mad:

Well, at least Amir is running tests in a timely manner. If you want to be baited into a “?” thread or read about overpriced and color mismatched hockey pucks that you screw into the bottom of your speakers, then this is the place for you.;)

I kid of course, I enjoy lots of the threads and posts that pop up around here. And, yeah, I get the biggest kick out of my own. I mean, who else is comparing features and functions of various discounted Costco models around this f#%ker?:D

There are lots of intelligent and informed individuals frequenting this joint. But, after a few drinks, many aren’t interesting in sharing their knowledge or learning anything new and just like to sling s#%t over in the steam vent.:rolleyes:

Many still don’t know that new AVRs are network connectable and can stream their favorite albums from multiple services in lossless audio. “Horse feathers! Who the f#%k has time for all of that new s#%t?!” I’m still tryin’ to get all of my vinyl on tape!”:D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I read the owner's manual and am quite impressed with the specs. This thing can do 120 W, 8 ohms, 20-20,000 Hz at 0.08% THD, that's about as good as the Denon AVR-X4700H, or Marantz SR7015.

It failed ASR's test, likely just due to the way their protection software works. If enough users complain, they may be able to fix that via FW. If not, users just have to know when to back off the volume. I am with HD on this, for real world use, don't let those continuous sine wave tests worry you too much.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm still very curious about the new Onkyo AVRs. My office speakers aren't demanding so I wouldn't ever run into the issues Amir pointed out.

Nothing will happen till my current Onkyo dies though.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I am still waiting for mine I was just stating what the specs said. I also reached out to onky about the speakers i was looking to get and they would dip down to for 4 ohms. he replied the best i can renumber that it would damage or be hard on the AVR I would have to go though my email to get the exact quote but i remember that i would need a separate amp to drive them after i got the email
Nice! Bro I'm just messing around with them Onkyo fanboys. All in fun bro, just a note I've owned many Onkyo's in the past. Absolutely loved my Onkyo THX-NR818, thing was beastly! 135 X 2 into 8 Ohm's.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
He didn’t recommend the Yamaha RX-V6A either.;) Then, he s#%t all over a refurbished 3080. When Amir s#%ts on Denons and Yamahas, you can bet nobody around here wants to hear about it. But, they’ll quote him all day long if he s#%ts on an Onkyo.

Some will let their foolish pride keep them from dropping a few coin on an Onkyo to tinker with Dirac. They're happy to hook up that little black box Denon sent them for f#%king up last year. Some Yamaha owners are covering their eyes and ears until the HDMI 2.1 firmware update comes in. “They’ll see, just wait, they’ll see! It’s gonna’ be worth all of the money and the wait.”

I run five 4ohm speakers with my little budget Onkyo. It sounds good and never gets too hot. The last time I cranked up the RX-V6A and touched the top cover, it f#%kin’ left marks.:mad:

Well, at least Amir is running tests in a timely manner. If you want to be baited into a “?” thread or read about overpriced and color mismatched hockey pucks that you screw into the bottom of your speakers, then this is the place for you.;)

I kid of course, I enjoy lots of the threads and posts that pop up around here. And, yeah, I get the biggest kick out of my own. I mean, who else is comparing features and functions of various discounted Costco models around this f#%ker?:D

There are lots of intelligent and informed individuals frequenting this joint. But, after a few drinks, many aren’t interesting in sharing their knowledge or learning anything new and just like to sling s#%t over in the steam vent.:rolleyes:

Many still don’t know that new AVRs are network connectable and can stream their favorite albums from multiple services in lossless audio. “Horse feathers! Who the f#%k has time for all of that new s#%t?!” I’m still tryin’ to get all of my vinyl on tape!”:D
Sh&t brother, Gene hates the RX-A6A. Lol I think after Gene ran all his test on the A6A he may have even threw up all over it.lol not really, but Gene was very adamant about not recommending the new Adventage line.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis