BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Somehow I doubt that BRZ is street legal :) (yes, I can read the badges, it's still a subaru)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The NEW daily "pickup". I picked up a second car. A guy looking to sell his car took it into my buddy's shop. They gave it a clean bill of health except for some routine maintenance. It is a silver 2004 WRX wagon with 126K on the clock. Some nicks and scrapes, but no real dents, one owner, well maintained except that she was a smoker (ugh), but otherwise in great shape. This will become the basic daily car. I sold one similar to this a few years back so when this one came up for a good price, I figured, why not. This is actually a pic of the old one the day I bought it and the one I just picked up looks nearly identical.

After a few years:

When I sold it. Bought for $10.5K, after 3 years, sold for $9800:

My son's 2002 WRX got hit and totaled about 2 months ago and I bought it back. I will proceed to swap over all the useful bits to this one :) so it won't exactly be stock lol.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Registered and insured the new one today

A few nicks & dings, but motor & trans feel solid. Should be a fun daily.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
When I sold it. Bought for $10.5K, after 3 years, sold for $9800:
It's mind-boggling how well WRX/STI keep their value. Not long ago I did some quick market research around the time of replacing my outbacks.
At the same time, I personally more inclined to go with posher and quicker 2013-2014 G37x which is IMHO is priced much more reasonably.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It's mind-boggling how well WRX/STI keep their value. Not long ago I did some quick market research around the time of replacing my outbacks.
At the same time, I personally more inclined to go with posher and quicker 2013-2014 G37x which is IMHO is priced much more reasonably.
The GF drives a Lexus and for long trips, we take that because it is more of a cruiser and more comfy when you're driving like 5-6 hrs.

This WRX I picked up for $4500 with 40K less miles than I sold my previous 2 for.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Here are the cars my sister and brother in law had when they were stationed at Misawa many years ago:

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
I hope this will be mine later today..

scattorred.jpg

Not crazy about the black wheels, but I can live with them. 485(most are really over 500) HP of fun.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here I thought the term D D stood for Designated Drunk o_O

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I hope this will be mine later today..

View attachment 24941
Not crazy about the black wheels, but I can live with them. 485(most are really over 500) HP of fun.
I think the black look good with the red, but black rims are a PITA to keep clean. I had some pretty dusty performance pads on mine when I had black rims and they were constantly dirty, but that's one of those trade offs you live with.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
I think the black look good with the red, but black rims are a PITA to keep clean. I had some pretty dusty performance pads on mine when I had black rims and they were constantly dirty, but that's one of those trade offs you live with.
Looks like it will be my original choice, Yellow Jacket! Still has the black wheels though..
mycar1.jpg

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
An update, I wound up with the red one. They sold the yellow one while the dealer was on hold trying to grab it up. I've had it almost two weeks and love it, with the exception of the overpriced and even more overrated Harman-Kardon stereo, which is sad in comparison to the stock mid level one in my old car, and even sadder compared to it after the JL dash speakers were dropped in and some dynamat was added. Bass is better, but everything else is a long way worse. Sounds like a cheap boom box with a decent sub and a big amp hooked to it. The high end is super hot, and the midrange is just plain odd. It's making me listen to the exhaust a lot so far. Seems like the HK set up is loved or hated. I don't understand the love at all, it's just loud, and it the treble is set flat, it's just obnoxious. A comparison between my car and my friend's car which has the identical set up to mine showed beyond doubt, the HK set up is just bad.

So far, no one has done any speaker swaps or anything to cure it, and I don't want to be a guinea pig and try stuff that doesn't help. Oh well, life goes on.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My mom had the HK setup in her 98 Bimmer and it sounded pretty good. I guess when it came over to modern Domestic cars it didn't do as well.

Picked up the wagon yesterday from getting: Timing belt, pump, pulleys, flush diffs, plugs, fuel filter, both valve cover gaskets, and a new radiator. Basically everything it needed at 120K. It already ran OK, but now it runs like new. Dropped it off this morning for windshield replacement.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis