ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Macan GTS :) I was at the light the other day with one of those V12 AMG black ed. 712 lb-ft. :eek:
That's the exact one my wife wants me to get. I am playing like I am mad a VAG after the diesel scandal and moving production to Mexico but that GTS makes it difficult to be that mad.

The GTS is about a perfect combo. Slower than the T but faster than the S. They also say even though the T will out run it in a straight line, the GTS will out handle it.

It's also the exact size I like which makes sense since it basically a Q5.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's the exact one my wife wants me to get. I am playing like I am mad a VAG after the diesel scandal and moving production to Mexico but that GTS makes it difficult to be that mad.

The GTS is about a perfect combo. Slower than the T but faster than the S. They also say even though the T will out run it in a straight line, the GTS will out handle it.

It's also the exact size I like which makes sense since it basically a Q5.
Yeah, I think it is about the perfect size too. Looks a lot nicer than the Q5. Buddy of mine just picked up a Q5 and they like it.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, I think it is about the perfect size too. Looks a lot nicer than the Q5. Buddy of mine just picked up a Q5 and they like it.
I am on my 2nd Q5. I love the looks of them. I don't like the back of the Mecan and I don't need a SUV as large as the Cayenne even though they look better to me. I really wish I didn't like cars.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Got it back today. WOOHOO :D A month of driving a slow FWD automatic rental has me enjoying my car again :p

mannye

mannye

Audioholic Intern
Yes I should have said "latest." I always figured that if you wanted a track car you could just rip out all the heavy comfort stuff in any car and instantly gain speed and handling. I just don't know if when you put all the safety stuff in, if the weight goes right back up.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The newer coupe version I had not seen, but basically the same thing. Not too much in it. He still wants to build it, but I think he wants to do the coupe now, which means a new order.

Another friend is almost done with his full roll cage Exocet (Miata powered Ariel Atom chassis). Having come from an LS Miata, he is already planning an LS upgrade.

https://www.flyinmiata.com/exocet/

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Spent the last day and a half in a fully loaded 2016 Crosstrek as my loaner car while they fixed something they damaged while doing my recall ( :rolleyes: ). I have been in, but not actually spent any time behind the wheel of one of these. I have to say I am actually pretty impressed with this car. If I needed a fun commuter, that would probably be it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Isn't the point of the STI to be a fun commuter? hah
It IS a fun commuter lol. But it gets lousy gas mileage the more fun I have. The guy was joking when I picked up the Crosstrek saying "It isn't as powerful as yours, but it gets better gas mileage.". I said "Yeah, but you don't buy an STI for the gas mileage."

H

Hocky

Full Audioholic
I would rather fill my tank every 2 days than drive something that pedestrian.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
It IS a fun commuter lol. But it gets lousy gas mileage the more fun I have. The guy was joking when I picked up the Crosstrek saying "It isn't as powerful as yours, but it gets better gas mileage.". I said "Yeah, but you don't buy an STI for the gas mileage."
Ha ha, if gas mileage is a concern there's always the bus and like yourself J, I chose being able to thrill myself at the pat of my foot:eek:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A few little add on bits my friend had in the shop. They were bought for one of these cars and he never put them on. They're OEM parts re-covered by hand with stitching and alcantara to match the seats. The company that was making them went out of business, so these are sort of the last ones. He has the matching flip down sun shades too, but he wanted a lot for them... Will have to look for a shift boot next.

Next things to be done are a full 3 mode tune in March and at some point caster adding front control arm bushings.

Last edited:
Dave Blount

Dave Blount

Junior Audioholic
Very nice ride, enjoy it !

I only wish Subbie offered it in a two door ......

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If they bring the 2 door back, and I hear they're considering it, I'm in.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Every time I see another rear of some people's outback (2014 or newer) and I see four damn letters - "pzev" I tell them (mentally) - you've bought wrong engine ;):rolleyes:
I won't call Outback 3.6R sports car - it surely much slower than STI, but it hauls it's azz quite nicely and overtaking is never a problem even at 80 mph.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just heard from a friend they are dropping the 3.6R next year, presumably due to lower sales of that motor. I like the 3.6 and I do actually see quite a few of the 3.6 Outbacks around here. I wonder what they'll be replacing it with in the Legacy/Outback?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It pulls harder and is a lot smoother across the range in Sport with the tune. Boost comes in much lower so the lag is pretty much gone and it feels like a different car. Speed builds quickly but linearly. This guy is like a magician with these cars. I didn't get my numbers, I just took it out and started tossing it around. There are two performance tunes from the facory, Sport and Sport# (sharp) and they were noticeably different. Sport is now as strong as # was and # is essentially the same feel with more boost everywhere. "I" or intelligent mode is still "granny" mode for saving a little fuel, aka going to work mode; something I'll need lol. Waiting for him to email me my numbers/curves. I was joking around with him saying the modes were: Clarkson (#), Hammond (S) and May (Granny)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis