The Meg Summer 2018!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay folks, not exactly sure when this one will be released. But, the opening scene in the trailer is a bit freaky. I think it is pretty cool how it is done. But, that does NOT mean I will rush out to see this one. It might just be a rental for the most part. Jason Statham is a decent actor/tough guy. Anyways, here is the extended trailer:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Standard summer action fare. That one is a maybe.
Yeah, I agree. But, the Meg biting that glass is pretty cool. Left a good impression on me. If I do decide to go see it, then it will certainly be a matinee for me. Got to watch my pennies!:)

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I want to see it, just not sure I will head to the theater to see it. Statham has been hit or miss with some of his films lately.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I want to see it, just not sure I will head to the theater to see it. Statham has been hit or miss with some of his films lately.
I agree once again. Statham movies are either really good or not so much. He sure can kick some a$$ though. The opening scene via the trailer is what piqued my interest. Chances are really good this will be a matinee for me.:)

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My daughter wants to see it too, so we may go matinee too, if nothing else is out that we want to see lol.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
My daughter wants to see it too, so we may go matinee too, if nothing else is out that we want to see lol.
It is true that the offerings have not been very good lately. I have not even rented many. Just on occasion, I will rent a BR and check it out. We have a local Family Video and they are getting more and more expensive. Almost as much as a matinee. As such, might as well just go to the theater and see it.:)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
After a little digging, it appears The Meg will be released on August 10th, 2018! Seems kind of late for a Summer blockbuster inmho. Might go check this one out via a matinee. If nothing else, I will rent it once released for home video.:)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, got to see this one showing @11:00 am here. Cost only $6 so I am certainly not complaining. But, this is NOT Jason Statham's best effort. Parts of the story was entertaining, but parts also had a bit too much Hollywood for me. However, it did serve the purpose in allowing me to merely decompress. That is about it!:)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Okay, so no love for this movie. I get it as it really was not that great. But, I kinda knew it was going to be that way. However, it did serve the purpose of allowing me to decompress somewhat. Not to mention., Bingbing Li is very hot! Not bad for 44-years of age inmho. Just read she is dating a guy 17-years younger than her. That lucky bastard! Just saying..........:p

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bingbing+Li&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS744US744&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjlrdD97OfcAhUr4oMKHU9GADEQ_AUICigB&biw=1745&bih=857

Heck, I don't blame that BIG a$$ shark for wanting to take a bite of her...........LOL!!!!:D

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Been seeing some of the actors promoting the film with a few clips. CGI looks a bit cheesy, what did it look like on the big screen? As usual I will wait for the BR availability via Netflix in any case.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, it really was not that great. Parts of it was decent at times, but for the most part very cheesy. However, Bingbing Li kept me from falling alseep. It is worth a rental when there is not much else to select from inmho. I do like Statham, but this was not his best effort.

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, it really was not that great. Parts of it was decent at times, but for the most part very cheesy. However, Bingbing Li kept me from falling alseep. It is worth a rental when there is not much else to select from inmho. I do like Statham, but this was not his best effort.

Cheers,

Phil
Li Bingbing did a couple films I've seen, she is cute. I'll always give a Statham flick a shot. Most are entertaining...

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, she was in Resident Evil: Retribution too. I did not realize that myself. Would never guessed her being 44 though. She ages well-very well......LOL!!!! No wonder that BIG shark was chasing her.:)

Cheers,

Phil

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I went into it with such low expectations, that I came out enjoying it. Not a great movie bot got me to jump out of my seat a few times, I paid $7.00 for my ticket and got my moneys worth

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I can't wait for this to come out on BD so I can have my College of Charleston Professor and paleontologist friend come watch - and laugh!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@Cos very glad that you liked it. It was certainly not the best movie that I have ever seen, as well as, not being the worst either. Bingbing Li kept my interest throughout. Other than that, for me it would merely just be a rental at best. However, it did serve the purpose of allowing me to decompress some of the stress(es) that I am currently dealing with. That is really all that I was hoping for .

Cheers,

phil

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
There are something like 4 books that this movie is based on. Read the first one to get a nice background. I have read them and they aren't too bad and I will see the movie.
Dave

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis