The Matrix 4 (Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Ann Moss, Neil Patrick Harris) 2022

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Not so sure. I wasn't a fan of Cloud Atlas nor Sense8

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Definitely hits me in the nostalgia feelers. The first Matrix was my favorite movie for a long time. The follow ups? ...meh. I'm not sure what to expect with this one. Keanu has been on a roll lately tho so I'm clinging to some hope that this might be good.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good grief, haven't they flogged this bad sci-fi series enough yet? :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Good grief, haven't they flogged this bad sci-fi series enough yet? :)
It never should've got past the first one that was the type of movie that was just to good to have a sequel to it just like the boondock saints never shouldve had a saints part 2. That movie was just too good to top

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It never should've got past the first one that was the type of movie that was just to good to have a sequel to it just like the boondock saints never shouldve had a saints part 2. That movie was just too good to top
Yeah I'd agree one was more than enough of each :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Honestly, the sequels could have been good had they not relied on CGI so much. It wasn't up to the task given how new some of the tech was. I think continuing the story is great, but they just didn't do it right. A 4th movie could go either way. I'll probably still watch it since I was such a huge fan of the original.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I actually love all 3 Matrix movies. :D

So I welcome the 4th Matrix movie. But certainly hope it is NOT anything like what happened with Terminator Dark Fate. :mad:

You see, up until Dark Fate, I loved every single Terminator movie. But Dark Fate ruined the record for me - those damn bastards. :D

I love every single movie from Matrix, Alien/Prometheus, Underworld, Jason Bourne, John Wick, Equalizer, Alien vs Predator. I think I love every movie from "Resident Evil".

See, I'm not as difficult as you guys are. I'm actually very forgiving - except for Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Honestly, the sequels could have been good had they not relied on CGI so much. It wasn't up to the task given how new some of the tech was. I think continuing the story is great, but they just didn't do it right. A 4th movie could go either way. I'll probably still watch it since I was such a huge fan of the original.
The reliance on CGI, how cartoony it looked and all of the expository dialogue. Just talking and talking, they talk so much in the sequels. Using fancy words like "ergo", "vis á vis" and "concordently" so the writers can show how smart they are while putting people to sleep...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The reliance on CGI, how cartoony it looked and all of the expository dialogue. Just talking and talking, they talk so much in the sequels. Using fancy words like "ergo", "vis á vis" and "concordently" to show how smart the writers are while putting people to sleep...
Difficult. Just difficult. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I actually love all 3 Matrix movies. :D

So I welcome the 4th Matrix movie. But certainly hope it is NOT anything like what happened with Terminator Dark Fate. :mad:

You see, up until Dark Fate, I loved every single Terminator movie. But Dark Fate ruined the record for me - those damn bastards. :D

I love every single movie from Matrix, Alien/Prometheus, Underworld, Jason Bourne, John Wick, Equalizer, Alien vs Predator. I think I love every movie from "Resident Evil".

See, I'm not as difficult as you guys are. I'm actually very forgiving - except for Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. :D
I too am looking forward to the 4th Matrix. I actually like the 2nd one. 3rd one was okay. Nothing beats the first one.

Sorry, only The Terminator and Terminator 2 count. All others are gutter trash. Dark fate had a decent 30 mins, then fell flat on it's face afterwards. Don't even get me started on Genisys. How that even got made is beyond me.

Alien/Prometheus are decent movies. Jason Bourne 1-3 and everything after that was garbage. John Wick is outstanding (all three and #4 will be as well), Equalizer movies are fun. Alien/Aliens- everything after is pure garbage. The 1st Resident Evil was fun, then it got dumb real quick.

Just got my re-released version of Apocalypto on blu ray in the other day. Checking that out this weekend. Last time I saw it was in theaters!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Says the man that outside that range of movies thinks everything SUCKS :D

Except when certain female actors star in certain movies. Then they don't suck and I completely agree with your logic there :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I too am looking forward to the 4th Matrix. I actually like the 2nd one. 3rd one was okay. Nothing beats the first one.

Sorry, only The Terminator and Terminator 2 count. All others are gutter trash. Dark fate had a decent 30 mins, then fell flat on it's face afterwards. Don't even get me started on Genisys. How that even got made is beyond me.

Alien/Prometheus are decent movies. Jason Bourne 1-3 and everything after that was garbage. John Wick is outstanding (all three and #4 will be as well), Equalizer movies are fun. Alien/Aliens- everything after is pure garbage. The 1st Resident Evil was fun, then it got dumb real quick.

Just got my re-released version of Apocalypto on blu ray in the other day. Checking that out this weekend. Last time I saw it was in theaters!

Ooh, I love Apocalypto 2006 - shot using 35mm analog cameras, mastered in 2K Digital. I bet the 4K version will look great - if they release it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Says the man that outside that range of movies thinks everything SUCKS :D

Except when certain female actors star in certain movies. Then they don't suck and I completely agree with your logic there :D
Well, now you know why I loved all the "Resident Evil" movies. It ain't because of the story, character development, or anything like that, bro. :D

You know the REAL reason I hated Jessica Jones? She looks exactly like my sister-in-law! Hate that crazy woman! :eek: :D

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Y
You know, I didn't hate the sequels. I've watched the entire series more than once. They wrapped everything up so well with the first one I don't believe there was a plan for sequels until after the first one did so well.

Another they did with the series that drives me crazy is they changed the reason for keeping humans alive from something that made more sense to something that doesn't because they (producers) didn't think the audience would be smart enough to get it. Originally it was because they were using human minds all linked together in a massive neural network for processing power. Internet was still in its infancy at the time and the powers that be figured "batteries" would be easier for the audience to wrap their heads around.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's the Wachowskis after all....altho they might have been in their element for Speed Racer. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's the Wachowskis after all....altho they might have been in their element for Speed Racer. :)
I haven't seen that yet. Lots of mixed reviews, but a lot of positivity too. Ahead of its time seems to be the theme and some really nice cinematography, use of color and great action with a real sense of speed.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis