The Matrix 4 (Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Ann Moss, Neil Patrick Harris) 2022

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't see that yet. Lots of mixed reviews, but a lot of positivity too. Ahead of its time seems to be the theme and some really nice cinematography, use of color and great action with a real sense of speed.
At least they didn't write it :) They are horrible writers....IMO.

ps I take it back, they did claim writing credits for the movie....but didn't seem much different than the cartoon series....

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
At least they didn't write it :) They are horrible writers....IMO.

ps I take it back, they did claim writing credits for the movie....but didn't seem much different than the cartoon series....
Both Wachowski's wrote V for Vendetta. That was an excellent movie. I will say that besides just a couple of their movies(The Matrix, V for Vendetta(they just did the script for this one) and Cloud Atlas), the other stuff they did where they penned the script was just bad writing. Matrix 2 and 3 were poorly written. They added way too many characters and left too many plot holes open. I wish they had some directors cut releases for those movies. I would love to see all the footage they had, that had to be cut because the studio could've interfered too much. Maybe someday.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't seen that yet. Lots of mixed reviews, but a lot of positivity too. Ahead of its time seems to be the theme and some really nice cinematography, use of color and great action with a real sense of speed.
Speed Racer 2008 was one of the first movies to be shot using 2K Digital Cameras - Phantom HD and Sony CineAlta.

Avatar 2009, TRON Legacy 2010, and Resident Evil Afterlife 2010 were also shot using the 2K Sony CineAlta.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I haven't seen that yet either! Tbh it never really hit my radar and I don't know much about it.
It definitely isn't for everyone, but i thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a long movie. Close to 3 hours. I believe it is on Netflix, if you have the time.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It definitely isn't for everyone, but i thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a long movie. Close to 3 hours. I believe it is on Netflix, if you have the time.
I'm holding out for the Speed Racer 4K edition. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Both Wachowski's wrote V for Vendetta. That was an excellent movie. I will say that besides just a couple of their movies(The Matrix, V for Vendetta(they just did the script for this one) and Cloud Atlas), the other stuff they did where they penned the script was just bad writing. Matrix 2 and 3 were poorly written. They added way too many characters and left too many plot holes open. I wish they had some directors cut releases for those movies. I would love to see all the footage they had, that had to be cut because the studio could've interfered too much. Maybe someday.
VforV was one of their better efforts but they didn't really but write the screenplay....David Lloyd wrote the original they based it on.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Speed Racer 2008 was one of the first movies to be shot using 2K Digital Cameras - Phantom HD and Sony CineAlta.

Avatar 2009, TRON Legacy 2010, and Resident Evil Afterlife 2010 were also shot using the 2K Sony CineAlta.
I'm still waiting for Tron Legacy to get the nice 4k treatment.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm still waiting for Tron Legacy to get the nice 4k treatment.
Couldn't happen SOON ENOUGH!

I love TRON Legacy. Makes it even sweeter knowing that it was actually shot using a 2K Digital Camera, so PQ will look great in 4K.

The DTS-HD MA soundtrack is already great, but I also hope they remaster it to DTSX and make the ceiling speakers come ALIVE! :D

So please make TRON Legacy 4K/DTSX (or ATMOS) happen!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Welp, the trailer worked its magic on me.

I'm pretty pumped to go see it. First movie outside of Dune this year I might even go to the theater to see.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
After seeing the trailer, I'm cautiously optimistic about it. I loved the original trilogy, yes all 3, despite the obvious flaws with Reloaded and Revolutions.

My only gripe is why the John Wick hair do? Come on guys. That looks terrible.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's a pretty cool frame by frame breakdown of the trailer.

I'm also optimistic but there's a rumor out there that they're gonna reveal it was Trinity who is The One and back burner Neo, similar to the treatment a lot of legacy characters have been receiving in reboots of late. I'd have no problem with a female lead and might even buy into Trinity as being The One all along, but I'd sure hope they handle it right and respect all of the characters. If it's more ham-fisted, preachy - make a mockery of Neo just to elevate Trinity bs I'm gonna have a problem with it.

It's only a rumor with zero evidence to back it up tho so I remain optimistic. Watching the trailer it almost looks like maybe it's Neo and Trinity together that might be the key to unlocking everything. I definitely wanna see more. I can still remember seeing the original in a theater when it first came out and I was pretty blown away. I wish every theater experience was like that one.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I'm also optimistic but there's a rumor out there that they're gonna reveal it was Trinity who is The One and back burner Neo, similar to the treatment a lot of legacy characters have been receiving in reboots of late. I'd have no problem with a female lead and might even buy into Trinity as being The One all along, but I'd sure hope they handle it right and respect all of the characters. If it's more ham-fisted, preachy - make a mockery of Neo just to elevate Trinity bs I'm gonna have a problem with it.

It's only a rumor with zero evidence to back it up tho so I remain optimistic. Watching the trailer it almost looks like maybe it's Neo and Trinity together that might be the key to unlocking everything. I definitely wanna see more. I can still remember seeing the original in a theater when it first came out and I was pretty blown away. I wish every theater experience was like that one.
Bro the trailer had me too!!! Definetly excited about this one and the new Dune coming out!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

And I agree with you about the whole redoing everything and trashing the original character but if they can pull it off without shoving some kindoff message down our throat. Or trash the original character or premise I'm down for it.

It would be cool if they could tie there relationship together as a key into unlocking the whole solution tho.

The original had tons of spiritual undertones in some of the thematic elements and names and if you remember the man Trinity loved was the one destined to be the one. So she was crucial from the beginning

Also her name Trinity has a lot of significance when you think about it

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Do you think Trinity was named after the first atomic bomb test site or the religious concept?

I think the former.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Do you think Trinity was named after the first atomic bomb test site or the religious concept?

I think the former.
I'd go with former too but there was a lot of religious names and concepts in the first 3 movies so could be the latter. Hey maybe both at the same time! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My only gripe is why the John Wick hair do? Come on guys. That looks terrible.
I'm thinking he's at the stage he can do what he wants, think that's his natural look these days, pretty sure I've seen several different things other than Wick with him looking this way....

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm thinking he's at the stage he can do what he wants, think that's his natural look these days, pretty sure I've seen several different things other than Wick with him looking this way....
He's probably getting to old to wear it any other way lol.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I believe he was filming Matrix and John Wick 4 at the same time. Cause I know John Wick 4 comes out next year. I could be wrong, but that seems like a reason he would keep the similar facial hair. Thank goodness they didn't pull the old digital coverup like they did with Henry Cavill's Superman. What a total crap job that was.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis