The Marantz AV7705 Surround Processor/Pre-Amplifier Giveaway is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tpap

Audiophyte
I just got my first pair of floor standing speakers so a new receiver like this would be awesome

S

specialk13

Audiophyte
I'm currently using the pre-outs of an AV receiver for my Revel Concerta2 front 3 speakers, which are powered by a Parasound A31 250watt 3- channel amp. My receiver is the weak link in my system and I've always wanted to upgrade to a nice processor and add a new 2-channel amp for my rears.

M

moxxen

Audiophyte
I have had the same Sony 5.1 in a box since college (2005ish).. it's time to make my house shake with some good audio.

T

Trobitshek

Audiophyte
This would be fun to use! would like the challenge of deciding what amp I should pair with it.

G

griz017

Audiophyte
It's time to upgrade, I've gone through iterations of HT receivers for 10-15 years. I want to make the next move to improve sound.

P

PacWestPainting

Audiophyte
With a 12 yr old yamaha rx v863 on the fritz... volume know doesn't work, sub Jack's failed(yes, both) no connectivity, and no digital zone 2 ability, this Marantz would make me cry! This has been a tough year to be a small painting company and I have no budget to replace the old yamaha, but I would figure out some old amps to hook up until I could afford a substantial 7, 9, or 11 channel amp. I know this is a random draw for the winner, but it would seriously make my year, my next year, and my next 10 years if this "randomly" happened to be me. Thank you guys for all the helpful knowledge you provide and for the videos! I can keep up with most of them... but... some just go way above my head! Be blessed this year!

M

MaineRockListener

Audiophyte
I'm so glad I found Audioholics this year! I'm working my way back to a system that will give me the clean LOUD sound I have been missing since I had to say goodbye to the only other a/v setup I have owned using separates a quarter-century ago: An Adcom GFA-555 paired with an Adcom GFA-2535 and an Adcom GTP-500 Preamp/tuner/processor driving Infinity studio monitors. This year I was finally able to score a BRAND NEW Monolith 7x200 after reading the Audioholics review; your in depth coverage and bench testing sold me. Currently paired with my aging MARANTZ SR-7007 my surround sound setup is sounding better than ever ... winning this contest would mean going to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL, taking the $$$ I'm setting aside for upgrading to a AVR that can give me Dolby Atmos to BUY ANOTHER MONOLITH and dive into Atmos!

Along those lines, if I don't win this sweet 11.2 ch pre/pro, I'm looking to upgrade my AVR to finally get into Atmos and DTS X. Currently under consideration are the MARANTZ SR6014 or the Denon AVR-3700H?

Wishing the Audioholics staff and forum members a happy, HEALTHY 2021!

P

pahrumpiandude

Audiophyte
Need to upgrade from Denon x4000. It’s time to go separates route!

D

Dantolovic

Audiophyte
Its been my dream to start a system with this! Best of luck!!

E

esappy

Audiophyte
The wife and I were using a Denon AVR-X4200 as the processor for our home theatre up until February when we sold our house and then moved to a different state. We then gave the Denon to my sister and her husband because they were still using the receiver I gave them 15 years ago. They haven’t been in a position to afford this upgrade as they had mich higher priorities to deal with. Now the wife and I are getting ready to buy a new house and we are so jonesing to get our home theatre set back up it not even funny. She is on board with getting a separate processor instead of another receiver already. So while I am certainly no more deserving than anyone else, winning this Marantz prepro would be the most awesome housewarming gift I can think of!

T

Tyler S

Audiophyte
I love having separates. I currently have an Integra DHC 80.3 that has been great for me, but, it lacks 4K capability. 8k doesn't interest me at all and I doubt I'll upgrade to that ever. But with the separates, it gives me more control of which amp I can use, gives me more power, and provides cleaner sounds. I just don't see how a receiver can pack enough power into that box while providing adequate performance. One-size-fits-all products have to cut corners somewhere, I've learned.

B

beefo

Audiophyte

NOTE: We were unable to offer the Denon AVR-X3700H receiver giveaway as announced in last June's Denon X-Series Virtual Press Event, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. However, we've got something even more incredible in store for our last giveaway of the year!

Say Good-Bye to 2020 with Our Final Giveaway of the Year!

Experts agree, 2020 has been a TERRIBLE year. But for one lucky Audioholic, 2021 is going to start with a dual powered-sub BOOM! Audioholics has partnered with Marantz to give away a new Marantz AV7705 11.2CH 4K Ultra HD AV Surround Pre-Amplifier ($2199.00 Value)

View attachment 41525
Start the New Year With a BOOM
Register Now to WIN!
PRIZE DESCRIPTION:

2021 is looking better already!
Enjoy audio playback with exceptional quality thanks to Marantz-proprietary HDAM modules and stream from Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer and more with HEOS built-in. Ideal for custom integrations, the AV7705 features Creston Control and RS-232C serial port for third-party remote monitoring. Calibrate your listening environment with the full suite of Audyssey EQ tools and control the pre-amplifier with your voice and Amazon Alexa voice compatibility. See Marantz Full Product Description.

Ultimate Team-Up:

The AV7705 offers flexibility that adds a stunning array of up-to-date features to your old receiver (with pre-ins), or you can put it in charge of one or more of your own amplifiers for up to 11-channels of power, including two subwoofers. The AV7705 makes a stylish control-center at the head of any system with its clean design that crackles with pure black brushed-aluminum power, but the ultimate esthetic team-up is when you add a Marantz power amplifier... Marantz Assemble!

View attachment 41528
Marantz AV7705 paired with Marantz MM8077
Features:
  • 11.2 channel XLR pre-out; 11.2 channel RCA pre-out
  • 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 3 HDMI outputs (incl. Zone 2)
  • 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, Dolby Vision compatibility, HDR, HLG and BT.2020
  • Advanced video processing with analog to HDMI conversion; SD to HD/4K upscaling
  • Dolby Atmos, DTS:X (up to 7.1.4 with an external 2ch amplifier), Auro-3D and DTS Virtual:X for height virtualization effects
  • eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) support via firmware update supports the most advanced surround and object-based audio formats via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs
  • Stream music from Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Amazon Music, TIDAL, Deezer and more with Bluetooth, Airplay2 or HEOS built-in
  • Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
Manufacturer Information:
Marantz AV7705 Pre-amp Processor Box Includes:
  • 11.2ch AV surround preamplifier
  • Marantz AV7705 owner's manual & Warranty Information
  • 6' AC power cord
  • Remote control (RC037SR)
  • Two "AAA" batteries
  • Sound calibration microphone (ACM1HB), microphone stand & assembly Instructions
  • 2 WLAN/Bluetooth antennas
  • FM wire antenna & AM loop antenna
  • Quick Start Guide
Please Read Before Entering: Contest Rules, Terms and Regulations

Entry must be received BEFORE 12/31/20 at 11:59 PM EST
PLEASE NOTE: By registering for the contest, you are agreeing to receive both the Audioholics and Marantz email newsletters. Contest open to the Continental US only.

To enter the Giveaway, simply:
1. Register to receive the Audioholics and Marantz email newsletters.
2. Respond using that same address if you are contacted as the winner.
3. Leave a comment below why you want to go the separates route for your home theater.

<<< Click Here to Register for the Giveaway! >>>

Setup and Control
Marantz Setup Info: "The AV7705 Quick Start Guide provides simple, direct instructions to get started. Once you connect your TV to the AV7705 via HDMI, the Marantz Setup Assistant appears on your TV screen and guides you through setup. The Setup Assistant helps you establish crucial settings for the best possible sound quality, whatever your configuration."

Marantz Voice Controls: “Enjoy effortless voice control and total flexibility from the leading voice agents. Speak commands with Amazon Alexa , Google Assistant, Apple Siri and high-end smart home automation, Josh.ai. Ask to play your favorite music, turn the volume up, skip to the next track, switch inputs and more. Switch between voice agents, or pick a favorite to use — the choice is yours. Functionality varies by voice agent.”

External Control Capabilities: “Ideal for custom installs and remote troubleshooting. The AV7705 has a range of features to provide enhanced control and compatibility with third-party and custom integration solutions, including IP control, either via wired LAN connection or Wi-Fi. For compatibility with other components, use the remote-control input and output on the rear panel, along with a flasher input and a 12V trigger output. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, an RS-232C serial port provides remote monitoring. The AV7705 also features Crestron Connected for quick and easy integration with home automation equipment.”

Multi-Features From Marantz:

View attachment 41527

PRIZE: One Marantz AV7705 Pre-amp Processor
(Retail value: $2199.00)

Audiohoics Info:
The Marantz AV7705 is virtually identical to the AV7706, the ONLY difference is that the AV7706 supports 8K-passthrough while the AV7705 supports 4K-passthrough. Otherwise, both offer the same deep feature sets for your audio/video needs.

Read Audioholics AV7706 Preview by our man Tony gone fishin' Leotta! A full review is on the way!

Entry is Easy, Why Wait?
View attachment 41526
Good Luck, Audioholics!

PLEASE NOTE: Contest ends December 31 2020 11:59 EST. Prize to be shipped January 2021.

CONTEST RULES: To enter, simply provide email address and follow confirmation to sign up for the Audioholics and Marantz newsletters. Read the complete Contest Rules, Terms and Regulations before entering. One new subscriber who joins between now to 12/31/20 will be chosen at random as the system winner. Only one entry is accepted for the contest. The system will know if you already entered and will prevent you from multiple entries. * Don’t wait, the entry period ends December 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST! Contest open for Continental US only.

B

beefo

Audiophyte
I’ve been using my AVR on processor duty for far too long and want/need to step up to higher quality full on processor!

kejar31

kejar31

Audiophyte
Currently already have some amps and would love to get away from the demon AVR-X3400H due to clipping that can happen. If this falls though though I will probably upgrade the a 3700 when prices come down in a year or so

J

JoeFlorida

Audiophyte
The AV7705 is the next step in the evolution of my home theater journey.
I have owned various technologies over the years:
TV: currently Sony
AVR: Yamaha, Pioneer, Marantz, currently Denon.
Power Amp: currently 7x300 A/B H Class
Speakers: MB Quart, Athena, NHT, currently SVS.
Sub: currently Definitive Technology
BD: Samsung, currently Sony

My next step is to replace the Denon AVR with a Marantz pre amp processor.

J

jalicea381

Audiophyte
I am building a "home theater" so I could enjoy with the family. I am going for a 7.2.4 system I should be done by the end of 2021. I love all the information from Audioholics and have learn that a separates will give you more dynamics to your speakers "sound"........I would love to win the Marantz 7705 but if i don't I will be happy for the one that won the Marantz 7705....Good luck to all:)

M

Mrobertson

Audiophyte
I was looking into going with separates and I came across your videos on youtube. You guys seem very knowledgeable. I have a Denon AVR currently that doesn't support 4K passthrough and need to swap it out. Winning this unit will force me to go separates and I'm liking it. Here's to a great new year and getting rid of 2020 and hopefully my old AVR. CHEERS AUDIOHOLICS!!!!

K

Kevisa

Audiophyte
The Marantz AV7705 Surround

NOTE: We were unable to offer the Denon AVR-X3700H receiver giveaway as announced in last June's Denon X-Series Virtual Press Event, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. However, we've got something even more incredible in store for our last giveaway of the year!

Experts agree, 2020 has been a TERRIBLE year. But for one lucky Audioholic, 2021 is going to start with a dual powered-sub BOOM! Audioholics has partnered with Marantz to give away a new Marantz AV7705 11.2CH 4K Ultra HD AV Surround Pre-Amplifier ($2199.00 Value)

View attachment 41525
Register Now to WIN!
PRIZE DESCRIPTION:

Enjoy audio playback with exceptional quality thanks to Marantz-proprietary HDAM modules and stream from Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer and more with HEOS built-in. Ideal for custom integrations, the AV7705 features Creston Control and RS-232C serial port for third-party remote monitoring. Calibrate your listening environment with the full suite of Audyssey EQ tools and control the pre-amplifier with your voice and Amazon Alexa voice compatibility. See Marantz Full Product Description.

Ultimate Team-Up:

The AV7705 offers flexibility that adds a stunning array of up-to-date features to your old receiver (with pre-ins), or you can put it in charge of one or more of your own amplifiers for up to 11-channels of power, including two subwoofers. The AV7705 makes a stylish control-center at the head of any system with its clean design that crackles with pure black brushed-aluminum power, but the ultimate esthetic team-up is when you add a Marantz power amplifier... Marantz Assemble!

View attachment 41528
Features:
  • 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 3 HDMI outputs (incl. Zone 2)
  • 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, Dolby Vision compatibility, HDR, HLG and BT.2020
  • Advanced video processing with analog to HDMI conversion; SD to HD/4K upscaling
  • Dolby Atmos, DTS:X (up to 7.1.4 with an external 2ch amplifier), Auro-3D and DTS Virtual:X for height virtualization effects
  • eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) support via firmware update supports the most advanced surround and object-based audio formats via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs
  • Stream music from Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Amazon Music, TIDAL, Deezer and more with Bluetooth, Airplay2 or HEOS built-in
  • 6' AC power cord
  • Two "AAA" batteries
  • Sound calibration microphone (ACM1HB), microphone stand & assembly Instructions
  • Quick Start Guide

PLEASE NOTE: By registering for the contest, you are agreeing to receive both the Audioholics and Marantz email newsletters. Contest open to the Continental US only.

3. Leave a comment below why you want to go the separates route for your home theater.

Setup and Control
Marantz Setup Info: "The AV7705 Quick Start Guide provides simple, direct instructions to get started. Once you connect your TV to the AV7705 via HDMI, the Marantz Setup Assistant appears on your TV screen and guides you through setup. The Setup Assistant helps you establish crucial settings for the best possible sound quality, whatever your configuration."

Marantz Voice Controls: “Enjoy effortless voice control and total flexibility from the leading voice agents. Speak commands with Amazon Alexa , Google Assistant, Apple Siri and high-end smart home automation, Josh.ai. Ask to play your favorite music, turn the volume up, skip to the next track, switch inputs and more. Switch between voice agents, or pick a favorite to use — the choice is yours. Functionality varies by voice agent.”

External Control Capabilities: “Ideal for custom installs and remote troubleshooting. The AV7705 has a range of features to provide enhanced control and compatibility with third-party and custom integration solutions, including IP control, either via wired LAN connection or Wi-Fi. For compatibility with other components, use the remote-control input and output on the rear panel, along with a flasher input and a 12V trigger output. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, an RS-232C serial port provides remote monitoring. The AV7705 also features Crestron Connected for quick and easy integration with home automation equipment.”

View attachment 41527

Audiohoics Info:
The Marantz AV7705 is virtually identical to the AV7706, the ONLY difference is that the AV7706 supports 8K-passthrough while the AV7705 supports 4K-passthrough. Otherwise, both offer the same deep feature sets for your audio/video needs.

Read Audioholics AV7706 Preview by our man Tony gone fishin' Leotta! A full review is on the way!

Entry is Easy, Why Wait?
View attachment 41526
Good Luck, Audioholics!

PLEASE NOTE: Contest ends December 31 2020 11:59 EST. Prize to be shipped January 2021.

CONTEST RULES: To enter, simply provide email address and follow confirmation to sign up for the Audioholics and Marantz newsletters. Read the complete Contest Rules, Terms and Regulations before entering. One new subscriber who joins between now to 12/31/20 will be chosen at random as the system winner. Only one entry is accepted for the contest. The system will know if you already entered and will prevent you from multiple entries. * Don’t wait, the entry period ends December 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST! Contest open for Continental US only.
Processor/Pre-Amplifier Giveaway is Here!

View attachment 41525
Register Now to WIN!
PRIZE DESCRIPTION:

Ultimate Team-Up:

View attachment 41528
Features:
  • 6' AC power cord
  • Two "AAA" batteries
  • Quick Start Guide

Setup and Control

View attachment 41527

Audiohoics Info:

Entry is Easy, Why Wait?
View attachment 41526
Good Luck, Audioholics!

View attachment 41525
Register Now to WIN!
PRIZE DESCRIPTION:

Ultimate Team-Up:

View attachment 41528
Features:
  • 6' AC power cord
  • Two "AAA" batteries
  • Quick Start Guide

Setup and Control

View attachment 41527

Audiohoics Info:

Entry is Easy, Why Wait?
View attachment 41526
Good Luck, Audioholics!

ready to step up my home theater to separates!

T

TomJaye

Audiophyte
I currently have a four year old Denon receiver that has performed very well. However, I would like to win the Marantz unit so I can buy an amp to go with it and really begin to improve my home theater setup.

B

Bradimus1

Audiophyte
My old Yamaha can't pass 4k HDR to my projector and it's a bit of a struggle. I definitely would enjoy the better quality amplification as well as I purchased new front speakers this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis