Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General

Here we go again. Can this just stop?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

Here we go again. Can this just stop?
sadly, I think what your seeing right now is Wall Street and the various Class 1's more interested maintaining unrealistic operating ratios rather than 'safety first'. My father who retired as Director of Operating Rules for Conrail I know is rolling in his grave. :(

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I will always maintain my love for trains, but not for derailments.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Too many cars on the road. I would do high-speed rail in a heartbeat if I could.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Canada's population is too spread out. The only route I foresee going high-speed is the Toronto to Montreal corridor. If they build that it may eventually extend south to London or even Windsor/Detroit.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Amtrak seriously needs to get their act together..........

The wife and I are taking a trip later this summer to re-visit one of my favorite states, Maine. We will be traveling to Boston on Acela, transfer to North Station and ride the 'DownEaster' to Portland. After getting our car we will head to one of the most beautiful bodies of water in N America (Moosehead Lake) and take in the beauty of the area including the coast line and Acadia.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General

Lucky guy.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
@Mikado463 this is good news, right?

We’re thankful that the Biden administration played the long game on sick days and stuck with us for months after Congress imposed our updated national agreement,” Russo said. “Without making a big show of it, Joe Biden and members of his administration in the Transportation and Labor departments have been working continuously to get guaranteed paid sick days for all railroad workers.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
@Mikado463 this is good news, right?
Yes, something sorely needed for the rank-and-file and general morale for all rail employee's. A couple weeks back I was with a bunch of former and current railroaders where this came into the discussion and we all agreed a level of reform was needed. Regardless those that serve in T&E (train and engine) positions on the Class 1 railroads are well compensated.

The Biden Admin deserves a kudo or two on this as well, FWIW, Joe is a railfan.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Some locals are saying it was caused by a wash out which undermined the structure and just plain old old age and not maintained.

View attachment 62444
interesting, well I guess Joe had better re-build the bridge over the Yellowstone river before he starts on his RR across the Pacific .......... ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis