lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I love it when I go to a friend's house and he starts bragging about his new 50 inch TV. I like taking their remote and putting up the TV guide. When you do this, it pushes the picture you are watching into the upper right hand corner. Then I tell them that when I do this, that little picture in the corner measures almost 60 inches on my TV.
I know, I'm such a tool.
I know what you mean. Funnily enough a friend of mine got a projector and didn't know I had one. He asked me if I'd ever gamed on one before. I laughed.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Can't afford to move at this rate. Almost $20k of broken projectors in the garage.:banghead:
Admit it...they were clogged with cat hair.:D j/k

Too bad about the your projectors.
I always wanted to have a separate theater room with a projector. (when we move down by you)
Slowly realizing I'm too cheap to go the projector route with the big boys.
I'll remain sitting three feet from my old 50" Pioneer Elite.:D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Admit it...they were clogged with cat hair.:D j/k

Too bad about the your projectors.
I always wanted to have a separate theater room with a projector. (when we move down by you)
Slowly realizing I'm too cheap to go the projector route with the big boys.
I'll remain sitting three feet from my old 50" Pioneer Elite.:D
Projectors aren't expensive. They are just a lot of work.

You can do a projector setup for less than 1500 bucks. I use a Favi Pull down screen with an EPSON 8350. You rear shelf mount the projector and hang the screen from two ceiling toggles. I've had no waving issues with my screen and it's been a couple years already.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Projectors aren't expensive. They are just a lot of work.

You can do a projector setup for less than 1500 bucks. I use a Favi Pull down screen with an EPSON 8350. You rear shelf mount the projector and hang the screen from two ceiling toggles. I've had no waving issues with my screen and it's been a couple years already.
This was the line that sounded expensive, "Almost $20k of broken projectors in the garage":eek:
I'm still on my first plasma.....knock on wood.:D

majorloser

majorloser

This was the line that sounded expensive, "Almost $20k of broken projectors in the garage":eek:
I'm still on my first plasma.....knock on wood.:D
In the 10 years that I have had projectors, the cost of each replacement projector has been about half the price of the previous. The price of projectors has dropped like a rock. You could easily by a good projector and screen for under 4000

majorloser

majorloser

This has been a very good (and expensive) week. :cool:

I order the new OPPO BDP-83 Blu-ray player as part of the "Early Adoption" program.

But most important of all....

MY NEW PROJECTOR ARRIVED!!!

The Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 7500 UB
The bad mofo top of the line projector from Epson. This bad boy features 3-chip LCD's, full ISF calibration and setup, 1600 lumens, 2.35 anamorphic playback (without black bars) and one of the best pictures I've ever seen on a front projector.
Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 7500UB Projector, Overview - Product Information - Epson America, Inc.

:cool:I CAN NOW SAY "HELLO" TO 1080p IN ALL IT'S TRUE GLORY :cool:

(please ignore the signature for this week only)

Same inspector, different projector

Last edited by a moderator:
majorloser

majorloser

Spent the day doing housework between working on the projector installation. Unfortunately the same mounting studs on the ceiling didn't match AGAIN. The last mount that caim with the 7500UB was basically a Premier. The new mount fortunately is a Chief, so it should be good for the next projector, too. (yeah, I'm already planning on another one) So needless to say that involved patchin the old holes and a new coat of flat black paint (which I had to go buy).

Note to self: Never paint a ceiling or wall with flat black latex ever again. Everytime you even touch it you create an area that needs touch up. The slightest nick creates a white spot from the drywall behind. Something you don't have to worry about on a white ceiling. Oh, and it takes MANY coats of black to get full coverage.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
it takes MANY coats of black to get full coverage.
You probably know but just in case: it helps to use a deep base primer for dark colors. I got away with two coats of color on my red wall.

majorloser

majorloser

You probably know but just in case: it helps to use a deep base primer for dark colors. I got away with two coats of color on my red wall.
Flat black just doesn't coat very well. Every roller and brush stroke shows up. It's sort of like a black chalkboard.

majorloser

majorloser

Figures....

I took the old projector to work and it decides to work. So I guess I now have 1080P HD in my office, too.
Now I need to move my RBH TK-5's to the office. Oh, this is going to be interesting. Pics to follow. :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
So how do you like the projector? Happy with it?

majorloser

majorloser

Maybe I'll update this thread.
There's only been few complete equipment replacements since I last posted.

majorloser

majorloser

Slacker... ;)
Yeah well...

I've had so many major upgrades since last posting about my theater that I had to come back here to see where I've been. Got a couple major upgrades on order. Some day I'll get around to posting pics somewhere so I can share. Just not now. :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis