avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Major,

congrats on your new purchases!

Watch out that black cat over the PJ box though ;):p

I might be jumping on the Oppo wagon as well, but I'll wait until the 2nd generation to come. Well, it's time to enjoy your new toys, though.

Oh, you might as well cosider the possibility to change your signature from now on...

Regards, Chuck

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
congrats Dave!

Majorloser...stimulating the economy all by himself!:cool:

Patiently awaiting reviews...:D

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Come on october:D Ill have two new toys to bring to the party, maybe 3:)

majorloser

majorloser

Hello loserwife, my wife Marie says Hello.

So all his talk of being the Man of the House and, He Answers to no one.....that's not true?;):D
Compared to the other two items I just bought, that thing is pocket change :(

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hello loserwife, my wife Marie says Hello.

So all his talk of being the Man of the House and, He Answers to no one.....that's not true?;):D

Rick, Marie is such a great name. ;);) My Mom's name is Marie. Actually, it is Emma Marie. However, most people call her Marie. Kudos to your wife my friend! :):)

Cheers,

Phil

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
WTG majorloser! I assume the Oppo is going to be your first BDP, and as BMX has put it: Bluray + 1080p projection = The Dream Team. :D

Have fun repeatedly picking your jaw up off the floor! :p

majorloser

majorloser

I got the projector hung this weekend, but haven't had a chance to calibrate and get the picture perfectly aligned with the screen. But I will say that right out of the box this thing has some of the best black levels I've ever seen. I can't wait till the OPPO Bluray arrives to get some 1080p source material fed to it. I only have 1080i and 720p right now with the Dish receiver and the HD-DVD player.

I also have a couple other projects I'm working on in the theater. First off I'm installing an isolated outlet using Powerbridges system. This way I can have the projector on a dedicated UPS in my component closet.

I ordered this except in black:

I also ordered a new UPS just to support the projector. An APC SmartUPS 1,000VA.
I already have one of these for all other electronics except the amps.

I'm also taking advantage of this "down time" to do some rack clean up and re-wiring. One of the biggest things is just removing unused equipment. I'm also getting ready for a new Emotiva pre/pro that should be released this year. Since the UMC-1 will be released first, it will have a temporary home in the theater till the XMC-1 is released. Then the UMC-1 will end up in the bedroom powering Loserwife's system. (Yes, the wife gets my hand-me-downs)

I should have all the items I ordered by this next weekend. Once I get everything cleaned up and calibrated I'll post some pics. :)

majorloser

majorloser

Both the projector and the OPPO Bluray are install.
Just need to calibrate and clean up the mess.

Pics to follow this weekend.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Both the projector and the OPPO Bluray are install.
Just need to calibrate and clean up the mess.

Pics to follow this weekend.
A/V heaven turns into Nirvana. :) How often do you just catch yourself grinning ear to ear when you two are down there in the theater?! Nice, Dave. REALLY nice additions.

Congrats.

Now Slappy

Now Slappy

Audioholic
Congrats man! Nice upgrades. I can't wait to see the pics.

I ordered my Oppo Thursday and it should be here next week. I can't wait for this player. And I, like you, am waiting for the UMC for my pre-pro. I wish I could do the projector but space and ambient light make that a no go.

majorloser

majorloser

Yeah, yeah, I know...

I took some pictures and figured I could upload them into my Photobucket account at work on my "government computer". WRONG :mad:
I'm blocked from access.

So I decided to take all new picture of my whole theater and clean out my Photobucket account of the old ones. Should be done by this weekend.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis