The Headphone Thread! Share Your Gear and Impressions, Etc.

P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
Congrats on your setup- it’s very nice! As far as headphone imaging goes, it usually is “between the ears”, not out front. There supposedly are some models that can image more like speakers, but I have not heard them and satisfied with the difference. The big advantage of headphones over speakers is the obvious detail - your hearing the difference between Bluetooth and USB is just one example.
Thanks john! Though my main system is in my eyes very nice, this allows me to further dip my toes into hi-fi, and used the excuse "I need a comfortable set of headphones to watch tv." for a driving force : )
My audio tastes have been changing, as in my opinion new music has lost its way, over the past few years I've been going backwards. Just listened to Fleetwood mac for the first time yesterday, and recognized a few of their songs, I will be on the hunt for a AAA album, just one of the many discoveries yet to come!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Fairly new to headphones, not a expert by any means, but have been drooling over these Klipsch HP-3 ever since I first saw them. Previously used JBL bluetooth T450BT on ears, headband clamping wss say too tight, stretching them out on my sofa arm rest for a weekend only yielded temporary results. I considered a good set ($400-500) bt headphones, but didn't like all the N/C closed back designs, and believetheres no substitute for sound quality than plug ins. I wear them listening to casual music, or watching tv on my tablet, as the fiance sits next to me on the couch concentrating on her game on her phone. She gets distracted easily, so firing up the big system doesn't work late at night when unwinding. But also wanted open back so if the fiance asks a question, I can hear her. Found these cans used for 30% less than new, only 2hrs play time on them. Got them and the matching amp the next day. I have my tablet plugged in via USB C to B for hi-res streaming, and a Harmon Kardon BT input for the line input for watching tv or YouTube. It literally sounds like listening to a pair of speakers as in she can just talk normally and I dont hear a difference with them on or off my head. Also living in a 780sqft apartment, and not having $6k, the klipsch la scala's were not a option. I was surprised at the level of detail this setup produces, also the low end is very satisfying. With this setup I can hear the difference between bluetooth and USB. Listening to Mariah Carey, all I want for Christmas is you (dont judge me lol) off to the right there are sleigh bells, though audible with the blue tooth connection, through the USB connection, you can hear the metal, the brass of those round globe sleigh bells. Very impressive. This is not a cheap setup by any means, but believe buy the best you can, and take care of it, and it will last a lifetime. (The fiance is not into this when she sees the price tags hahaha)
My only gripe would be imaging, it sounds odd, but every detail is heard, but they are not played out in front of you. I imagine this is likely just a headphone thing? Either way, it will keep the peace in the apartment and with the neighbors. Not sure this is the right spot to post this, but just wanted to share my new setup!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
IMG_2505.JPG

Nice setup! Your headphone hanger is a bit nicer than mine.

Attachments

P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
View attachment 34679

Nice setup! Your headphone hanger is a bit nicer than mine.
Thanks! It came with the headphones. They come in a very elaborate wood case, and the stand is disassembled in a lower drawer with the 2 lengths of cables. They'd probably make $ if they were available separate.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Tranya T2 Clear pristine treble and not harsh. Mids are decent. Vocals are clear as a bell depending on what mic the artist use. Bass is surprisingly tight and not boomy. Decent soundstage. I’m guessing like with the Anbes 359(No longer available) soundstage it will get better. I’m impressed so far. On air TV sounds great and crispy with voices. Need to see how it sounds with movie dialogue. I’m sure it will be great. A steal at Amazon 19.99(They were $60 when introduced) just get them. Make a great bday/Xmas gift! No return from me. Bananas for everyone! Rah.
1CC69CCE-F557-4C10-88B8-C509784DC9C9.jpeg

Trophykage

Trophykage

Audioholic Intern
I picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD 660s not too long ago, and I am loving the hell out of them! Bass is very neutral and not overpowering, and the soundstage is great! They are also extremely comfortable. Also love that they are pretty damn easy to run, so I can enjoy decent volume levels off just my phone output while on the go.
Hd660s.jpg

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
I just picked up a pair of Sennheiser 6xx headphones and I am loving them driven straight from my Samsung tablet. I also purchased a Schiit Magni Heresy amp to power them, but I will not have the cables till this coming weekend. I am sure they willsoundeven better.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
My overview on the Losei x12:
I got the Losei x12 for riding my bike and running. The rubber hooks are comfy and won’t clash with any glasses worn. A big plus for me. When I got them they needed some burn in time. Playing music for about four days. The Bass is alot more punchy and not boomy or distorted. These are neutral and slight roll off on the highs, so if you don’t enjoy bright TWS these will be a great option. I tested the battery and the claim of 5hrs and 30 min from Losei is spot on. Bravo. These are Type C and charge in an hour. IPX 5, so if sweating or splash in water these can handle it. I don’t use these for phone calls but I bet they sound good. I use my DAP player with flac or high quality MP3 files as my source. I got the grey color and even looks better in person.

Pros:
Really Comfy with glasses and haven’t fallen off my ears.
Neutral sound signature with tight Bass
They get loud enough, but I only use 55-65 percent volume to save my hearing.
5hrs and 30min battery
USB-C
Sweat proof
They don’t stick out alot like most TWS.

Cons:
Just a slight nitpick...
If they were a bit more brighter they’d be even greater, although I do like the SQ after burn-in.

Any questions feel free to ask.
94D816E7-F560-4C7E-B6A4-1580714A3B4F.jpeg

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Got these AKG Q701's 6 years ago. I haven't tried many different headphones, but when I was shopping for a set, these were the best that I came across.

OIP.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got these to keep my buds in when my ears are getting sweaty and the buds slowly loose it’s grip. Saw these $6.99 ones I was curious about and put them in my cart awhile ago and recently decided to get them. I got the medium size and they fit good and don’t hurt. The bass and high are great with my TWS and seal really well. Will test with some bike riding and let you know how they fare. Squish them and they go in the case great.
837917B1-776C-4E43-A904-28D623EB8847.jpeg
4851F3AA-51A9-4182-8756-07D3775DA5F5.jpeg

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Darn this one is exciting!

Nice! This is the one I am excited about:
1600965075388.png

I have and love the X1, never got the X2 (though they are pretty cheap now) may get the X3...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Nice! This is the one I am excited about:
View attachment 40097

I have and love the X1, never got the X2 (though they are pretty cheap now) may get the X3...
Those are getting great reviews. Just a bit too high in price for me.
560S are so flat:

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
560S are so flat:
You really can't go wrong with Sennheiser!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
560S are so flat:
I browsed the link, I'm struggling to understand what differentiates the 560S from the 6xx.....why do we need another Senn at a similar price point?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I browsed the link, I'm struggling to understand what differentiates the 560S from the 6xx.....why do we need another Senn at a similar price point?
Well... The HD 560S at $218 is one step down in the current Sennheiser roster from the HD 660S, which retails for $500. The $220 HD 6XX from Drop is based on the discontinued HD 650... Whether or not we need more choices is up to the consumer, I guess...

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people"

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looks like they liked the 560s to include on their recommendation list:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis