The Headphone Thread! Share Your Gear and Impressions, Etc.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That's a serious setup Mr Magoo, er Mr. Bacchus. ✌Thanks.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Kurt Any updates on the Kissral SQ Vs Anbes 359?
No, unfortunately, my Kissral's came with one of the earbuds defective.
Visually they look identical to the Anbes (except for the printed graphics).
The defective earbud flashes red as soon as I remove it from the case no matter how long I have charged it, and while my phone will recognize it, they will not pair. My guess is that the bud essentially won't hold a charge enough to get through the pairing process.
The reviews indicate that, while it happens, this is not too common, so I need to exchange them!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yo
No, unfortunately, my Kissral's came with one of the earbuds defective.
Visually they look identical to the Anbes (except for the printed graphics).
The defective earbud flashes red as soon as I remove it from the case no matter how long I have charged it, and while my phone will recognize it, they will not pair. My guess is that the bud essentially won't hold a charge enough to get through the pairing process.
The reviews indicate that, while it happens, this is not too common, so I need to exchange them!
That sucks. Yeah return them and get a new pair. Stuff happens. The Anbes 359 should be available again July 27th.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@afterlife2, was it you who recommended the 5 dollar ear buds on eBay that sounded surprisingly good? You found a couple and I ordered them both. Unfortunately at the time, my now adult dog was a puppy and destroyed both sets I had gotten. I haven't been able to find them again, but I'm waiting on these AWEI ES-10TY (from China) right now. They're similar to the set I preferred of the 2, but a different line, I think. Are you familar with them? Did I go up a step or down? I'm hoping for the price (still only 10 bucks, lol) they might be a step up. I'm wanting noise canceling as well.

The ones I had before were Awei ES-900i... which I just now found on Amazon for 5 bucks. Prime. I have a 5 dollar credit. Ordered.

Well, now I have 2 pair again! Question still stands tho! Did I do good for ten bucks? I might be able to cancel it still...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hi Pogre,

Great to see you posting lately. We've missed you round here. I have not heard those, but I'm sure they offer good SQ for the price. I have only 2 IEM's by them and I stopped after I heard the ones I raved about. Haha I was on a crazy budget IEM obsession for a while. Im on a tight budget these days. Yep truly hard times. Glad you were able to find them on amazon.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well this is a turnaround that I would never thought would happen. The X-18S TWS have amazingly opened up and the treble is now beautiful sparkly. Soundstage is a bit there not bad, but nowhere near 359.
After listening to an audiobook I noticed a clearer SQ and decided to play my go to song I Was Wrong by Chris Stapleton and was blown away.
The bass was always good, but now clearly pronounced. Holy crap. 4.2BT, 3.5 battery and no volume control is the only let down, but for $13 they totally are enjoyable. I will update my overview. Whoa what a great surprise. I now have 5 out of 6 that totally enjoy. If you want a backup get these and run some music for a week. I bought these on ebay earlier this year and boy am I happy I got these. I'll try and see if the call quality is good sometime this week.
Link: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273967194325

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If anyone is interested
By the way, for you fellows on the US, the official Tranya group in Facebook is asking for US reviewers (beta testers) - https://www.facebook.com/tranya.inf...9649357/510037309759652/?type=3&theater&ifg=1. There is an e-mail for those interested.
Basically buy the Tranya B530 $59 on amazon and get fully refunded after review. Not sure if you can keep them, but I'm sure you can. Mine arrive next week.
I sent an email, but I expect I am not among the first ten since they posted the notice on 8/26 ... but an email is quick and free!
When did you contact them, and how long did it take to get a response?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I sent an email, but I expect I am not among the first ten since they posted the notice on 8/26 ... but an email is quick and free!
When did you contact them, and how long did it take to get a response?
There are like over 10 peeps already and I got in yesterday, so I was shocked I got in. Took the whole day to get a response, but glad I did, since my budget won't allow for any new or used toys. Be patient I'm sure you'll hear back from Ida. ✌

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
There are like over 10 peeps already and I got in yesterday, so I was shocked I got in. Took the whole day to get a response, but glad I did, since my budget won't allow for any new or used toys. Be patient I'm sure you'll hear back from Ida. ✌
You are exactly right, I got my email and appear to be "in" on this deal!

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well this is a turnaround that I would never thought would happen. The X-18S TWS have amazingly opened up and the treble is now beautiful sparkly. Soundstage is a bit there not bad, but nowhere near 359.
After listening to an audiobook I noticed a clearer SQ and decided to play my go to song I Was Wrong by Chris Stapleton and was blown away.
The bass was always good, but now clearly pronounced. Holy crap. 4.2BT, 3.5 battery and no volume control is the only let down, but for $13 they totally are enjoyable. I will update my overview. Whoa what a great surprise. I now have 5 out of 6 that totally enjoy. If you want a backup get these and run some music for a week. I bought these on ebay earlier this year and boy am I happy I got these. I'll try and see if the call quality is good sometime this week.
Link: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273967194325
That link takes me to wireless X18 headphones for $3.39?! I almost have to order them...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Any updates? Have to send mine back for replacement.
Mine worked fine.
My daughter was home from college and tried them out for jogging ... they are now hers!:)
Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to A-B them against the Anbes before she commandeered them!

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Mine worked fine.
My daughter was home from college and tried them out for jogging ... they are now hers!
Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to A-B them against the Anbes before she commandeered them!
I really like what I heard. Too bad they started having issues linking together. Left side stopped linking. I guess I'm the only one with issues. All the guys I know had no issues. I also only got five hrs instead of the rated 8hrs. UPS guy picked them up today. Refund hopefully by Monday or Tuesday. Gonna reorder. I'm all for second chances. Did you write the review?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I wrote a lengthy review(Sept 6) on amazon of the Ofusho F16 TWS and got them for free. There was a card inside my box telling me I'd get them for free if I emailed them. They by far are my favorite. Aptx and 9hr battery. SQ is amazing.

Bluetooth Earbuds Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth Earphones Wireless Headphones, OFUSHO Bluetooth 5.0 Deep Bass 152H Playtime IPX7 Waterproof TWS Stereo in-Ear Headphones with Charging Case, CVC8.0 Apt-X https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VD3M6M3/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_SVdFDb8ZVHFPN

(5 stars) OFUSHO F16 Outstanding features, Exceptional SQ, apt-X and 9hr battery(((Wow)))
September 6, 2019

Color: Black
Testing the F16 on my tablet Sony Experia Z2 and it recognized aptx instantly whoa who knew. I'm watching a movie on Prime video. It's crystal clear with dialog and has a nice soundstage with background sound just as clear. Dunno they kind of give you a surround sound type of effect. Holy moly I'm digging them so far. Latency is great the Z2 sych is perfect on Prime/Netflix hooray. Connection is great no breakups. 50% volume. They protrude a bit out my ear. It's expected I have small ears.

The next day

Testing on my Cayin N3 music player with aptx on. Music is clear, although they are a tiny bit rolled off, but not enough for me to return them, yet. Bass is tight with a good deep rumble when needed and not boomy. Mids are a bit rolled off as well. I haven't tried other tips yet. I think with other tips they will bring more clear details, hopefully. Gotta say these are amazing with movies so darn clear. Gonna play music all day on them to see if they open up some and look for some tips. I really like them though and so far are a keeper. I'll return later tonight and give more thoughts.

Update next day

Highs are a bit more crispy after doing 18hrs of music on my Cayin N3 last night. I'm getting ((((9hrs)))) at 60% volume. I'm shocked. These are rated at 6-8hrs. Doing another 18-24hrs of music burn-in today/tonight. These for sure are a keeper, especially for Movies and Music is fine I think they will open up even more. I did notice highs are better.

Final exciting thoughts

Last thoughts on the Ofusho F16
Hint F16 are the best TWS I own. The champ Anbes has been dethroned. Yesterday I noticed that the F16 had the small tips from factory, which I why I wasn't getting a great seal. I put on the medium tips and voila great seal. I played music overnight again. Went on a bike ride with them. Got one break up when I turned my head. Whoa that is great. Before I left I turned down the bass two notches on my Cayin N3. Music sounds way better and crispy with drum cymbals. Played Presley's It Now or Never and it way crystal clear. With his background singers "The Jordanaires" sounding clear as well. Not sure if it was the burn-in or turning down the bass, but these are fantastic. I mean $35(sale) for aptx, phone charger, crystal clear highs, bumping Bass without fatigue and 9hr battery is amazing. Highly recommended for Music, Movies, audiobooks, etc. Congrats to Ofusho for making a great product without over charging consumers. Bravisimo.

Last edited:
P

pattyt21

Junior Audioholic
Fairly new to headphones, not a expert by any means, but have been drooling over these Klipsch HP-3 ever since I first saw them. Previously used JBL bluetooth T450BT on ears, headband clamping wss say too tight, stretching them out on my sofa arm rest for a weekend only yielded temporary results. I considered a good set ($400-500) bt headphones, but didn't like all the N/C closed back designs, and believetheres no substitute for sound quality than plug ins. I wear them listening to casual music, or watching tv on my tablet, as the fiance sits next to me on the couch concentrating on her game on her phone. She gets distracted easily, so firing up the big system doesn't work late at night when unwinding. But also wanted open back so if the fiance asks a question, I can hear her. Found these cans used for 30% less than new, only 2hrs play time on them. Got them and the matching amp the next day. I have my tablet plugged in via USB C to B for hi-res streaming, and a Harmon Kardon BT input for the line input for watching tv or YouTube. It literally sounds like listening to a pair of speakers as in she can just talk normally and I dont hear a difference with them on or off my head. Also living in a 780sqft apartment, and not having $6k, the klipsch la scala's were not a option. I was surprised at the level of detail this setup produces, also the low end is very satisfying. With this setup I can hear the difference between bluetooth and USB. Listening to Mariah Carey, all I want for Christmas is you (dont judge me lol) off to the right there are sleigh bells, though audible with the blue tooth connection, through the USB connection, you can hear the metal, the brass of those round globe sleigh bells. Very impressive. This is not a cheap setup by any means, but believe buy the best you can, and take care of it, and it will last a lifetime. (The fiance is not into this when she sees the price tags hahaha)
My only gripe would be imaging, it sounds odd, but every detail is heard, but they are not played out in front of you. I imagine this is likely just a headphone thing? Either way, it will keep the peace in the apartment and with the neighbors. Not sure this is the right spot to post this, but just wanted to share my new setup!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats on your setup- it’s very nice! As far as headphone imaging goes, it usually is “between the ears”, not out front. There supposedly are some models that can image more like speakers, but I have not heard them and satisfied with the difference. The big advantage of headphones over speakers is the obvious detail - your hearing the difference between Bluetooth and USB is just one example.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis