The Green Hornet on BluRay

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just purchased this today on BluRay but haven't had a chance to watch it. Did some OT tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a crack at watching it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for letting us know you didn't watch it :p So did you watch it yet? :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Finally had some time to watch most of it...still not finished it though...time has been a very precious commodity as of late... anyway... the effects are ok..sound track is good..acting is mediocre at best...the green hornet character is dam annoying but he does have is funny moments. Would I buy this on BluRay or any other other format knowing what I know now? yes & no .. yes because I don't have a green hornet in my marvel collection...no...if I knew of a better version of this flick.

The film itself is worth a rental but its not worth purchasing IHO other than completeing a Marvel collection.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
The Green Hornet was a radio show during the 30s and a bad TV show for 1 season in the 60s. Did they start a comic book as well? This was a property long before Marvel came into existence.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
Finally had some time to watch most of it...still not finished it though
how the heck can you watch a movie (regular 2 hour movie) in less than 1 full length sitting ?

for me, sometimes, just getting up to pee takes away from the "experience" of the movie. if i do not have the time to watch a full movie, i do not watch it.
that is just me, i am funny that way.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

the effects are ok..sound track is good..acting is mediocre at best...the green hornet character is dam annoying but he does have his funny moments.
from what i have seen of the previews = that is what i expected.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
from what i have seen of the previews = that is what i expected.
Same here. I already knew it was a rental when I saw the preview, though it did look funny. The TV was intended to be campy, and that is how the preview of the movie looked too, especially with those two guys as the main characters.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

I rented the BD from Red Box. I thought it was entertaining enough to keep me watching, but I doubt that I will watch it again. It was mainly a vehicle for Seth Rogan to be an overbearing A-hole, while Cato does all the work. It must say something that we're down to third rank superheros; all downhill since The Dark Knight. It's a curious piece of trivia that the 1960's campy TV version of Green Hornet featured the first time Americans saw Bruce Lee, as Cato.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Rented the BD last night, had a *few* funny/cool parts but overall not very good. Won't even recommend my friends rent it.

Steve

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I thought it was pretty funny. I mean, it's for sure a rental - but if your okay with a dumb comedy you're good. Kinda like Pineapple Express in terms of the friends aspect of it. The movie is dumb - but it admits to being dumb, so, when they do that I kind of roll with it. Both my friend and I were entertained and laughed at the jokes *shrug*

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched it and I liked. The Inglorious Basturd guy is a hoot.

Chud-lov-ski ... say it with me ... :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought it was pretty funny. I mean, it's for sure a rental - but if your okay with a dumb comedy you're good. Kinda like Pineapple Express in terms of the friends aspect of it. The movie is dumb - but it admits to being dumb, so, when they do that I kind of roll with it. Both my friend and I were entertained and laughed at the jokes *shrug*
The show was a comedy with "action relief" lol, so that's sort of the point of it: the sidekick being the real hero and the "hero" being a goof.

I *hated* pineapple express, and I can't say that about many movies.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I hated this movie.....for me Seth Rogan was only funny when he was fat and had a joint in his mouth....

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
The show was a comedy with "action relief" lol, so that's sort of the point of it: the sidekick being the real hero and the "hero" being a goof.

I *hated* pineapple express, and I can't say that about many movies.
Yeah. But I mean most of Rogan's movies involve some kind of a 'friendship' aspect. Like Superbad involved friendships, Pineapple Express was basically about building a new friendship, and Green Hornet is along those lines too. Everything he writes seems to validate that theme somehow, at least the ones I've seen.

I loved Pineapple Express, but, agree to disagree.:D

I hated this movie.....for me Seth Rogan was only funny when he was fat and had a joint in his mouth....
Haha. In an interview I saw of him he admits to smoking pot regularly, while writing, while at meetings, and just in daily life. His movies are stoney. Watch them stoned, they're stonier than most movies. I've actually seen more than one interview of his admitting to smoking daily.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Neflixed last night. I think they did a decent job of paying homage to the original. One of the appreciated aspects was that they did most of the effects live rather than totally CG, as mentioned in the special features. Overall I thought it was pretty good and funny; worth a rental.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Forgot to mention the use of Cristoph Waltz as the bad guy totally got me. I knew I knew him, but not from where until I saw his name in the credits. His performance in Inglorious Basterds is amazing! Not at that level here (not that kind of role), but quite funny, especially the opening scene.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis