The Great Whisky Giveaway!

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
masak_aer said:
Ok, I work for a Civil Engineers Council here...
Oh oh. :eek: You know, I don't usually mention my occupation to folk, but I struggled to come up with a question for the competition that you all wouldn't be able to easily Google or know off the top of your head. ;)

masak_aer said:
...here's the deal. If my guess is half of what might be the right answer, I'll settle with half the content of the bottle...
What? You mean a half-bottle like that attached?...:D

Attachments

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Buckle-meister said:
Still no number Sheep. I can help you here...at a price. I know the span of Neptune's Way (which incidentally will be about a one-minute walk from my flat when it's built) and can provide it's length if you'd like. BUT, if I do, you will be held to this value and not allowed to change it (whereas others may change theirs if they wish)

What do you say? :D
Nope, Cause I just realized that neptune's way isn't a long span bridge :D

1350 M

SheepStar

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Buckle-meister said:
What? You mean a half-bottle like that attached?...:D
Hahaha..yes yes yes...but with the original whiskey that's on the contest..lol...:D

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
EDIT TIME AGAIN! Okay, this time I'm really serious.

I believe you worked on the second Forth Road Bridge. It was designed to be the world's 6th largest bridge. It probably won't be built. It's nearby you. It's largest (center) span was designed to be 1375 meters. So, THAT is my guess.

AverageJoe must have been guessing the Tsing Ma Bridge...just two meters longer. Heh heh. Nice try, Joe me boy.

Make sure you mark that package as FRAGILE! :D

Last edited:
AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
rjbudz said:
AverageJoe must have been guessing the Tsing Ma Bridge...just two meters longer. Heh heh. Nice try, Joe me boy.
Maybe I was a step ahead of you and added a little str...e....tch factor for wind loading, traffic, etc.;)

OK..OK. I guess you've been doing some research. Actually, Tsing Ma was the only one I could remember the span length before we got the "unbuilt" clue. Maybe I'll do a last minute edit before the deadline.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
AverageJoe said:
Maybe I was a step ahead of you and added a little str...e....tch factor for wind loading, traffic, etc.;)

OK..OK. I guess you've been doing some research. Actually, Tsing Ma was the only one I could remember the span length before we got the "unbuilt" clue. Maybe I'll do a last minute edit before the deadline.
GREAT signature!! :D

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
I know nothing about bridges other than what I have watched on the History Channel.
And the few Ric & Ken Burns dvd's that I have.
So I will just through in a # and say 755 meters = 0.46913525 miles

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Buckle-meister said:
Not sure I agree with this. :)

Arghhhh. Now you've thrown an unseen uppercut to my jaw. :eek: I was so...so....so certain I was right. {Slumped shoulders, bowed neck.}

Well, that was my best shot at making sense of your clues. Anything else would be a ridiculous guess. And not being one who likes being accused of rididulousness......:D ....I'm sticking with my 1375! {Crowd cheers.}

Buckle-meister

rjbudz said:
I was so...so....so certain I was right.
Maybe you are...:D

I've not helped you; I previously wrote that the bridge in question hasn't been built and may or may not be in the future. This is as true for the second Forth Road bridge as for many other bridges.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Buckle-meister said:
Maybe you are...:D

I've not helped you; I previously wrote that the bridge in question hasn't been built and may or may not be in the future. This is as true for the second Forth Road bridge as for many other bridges.
Actually you said,

Buckle-meister said:
I can confirm that the bridge in question has not been completed. But then, it's not been started either, and may well never be...
That is just enough different from,

Buckle-meister said:
Not sure I agree with this. :)
...;)
(...response to me saying "It probably won't be built.")

...to cause me to think I'm dead wrong. Hence, the uppercut to the jaw. :eek: {Still slump shouldered, neck bowed, and now the crowd is silent, too. But spirit resolute.}

You're a dirty rotten tease Mr. Buckle-Meister. {Bottle of single-malt cheering instead of the crowd.} :D

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
If the answer turns out to be 1376 meters, I'd like to point out the comments of the two tied guesses:

1377 (AverageJoe):) :
I just naturally assumed a gentleman of your obvious expertise, talent, and intelligence would quite likely be involved with a stupendous, record-breaking, marvel of engineering.

1375 (rjbudz):mad: :
You're a dirty rotten tease Mr. Buckle-Meister.

Buckle-meister

rjbudz said:
Hahaha! True. I doubt you are, but I am enjoying this competition immensely (probably a character flaw :D).

I've never done this kind of thing before, and am having to fight against my natural inclination to help people. Don't you see? I want you to win (and you and you and...), but unfortunately there can be only one winner. :(/:) It's a strange feeling sitting here knowing who the winner (currently) is. Strange and exciting. :)

Buckle-meister

AverageJoe said:
If the answer turns out to be 1376 meters, I'd like to point out the comments of the two tied guesses:

1377 (AverageJoe):) :
I just naturally assumed a gentleman of your obvious expertise, talent, and intelligence would quite likely be involved with a stupendous, record-breaking, marvel of engineering.

1375 (rjbudz):mad: :
Funny. :D I'd just like to say that I absolutely can be bought. :eek: :D

majorloser

majorloser

"Who comes closest without going over" is how most contests are run..........

(you owe me a glass when I get out there RJ :D )

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Buckle-meister said:
Could I ask that final entries are posted by the end of Monday so that I know I've considered them all. :)
.....The Bridge Over The River Kwai....300 yards of bamboo and string.......

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis