The Great Whisky Giveaway!

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
rjbudz said:
Hmmm. The wife thinks it's larger than the husband thinks it is. That's different! LOL! ;) :eek:
I have to stroke his ego once in awhile:rolleyes:

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
Entry list

Here in ascending order is the final list of all entries.

Furrycute=80m
Twheeloc=169m
Mulester7=274m
Maldavo78=573m
Alandamp=625m
Majorloser=650m
Takeereasy=680m
Brian32672=755m
*****wife=833m (I refuse to call you a *****)
Micklorsmith=842m
Masak aer=984m
Buckeyefan 1=1000m
AverageJoe=1112m
Ironlung=1221m
Sheep=1350m
Rjbudz=1375m
Hanse18=1376m
Duffinator=1378m
BobbyDigital=1420m
Philh=3725000m

The winner will be announced later. :D

Buckle-meister

The winner

With back spans of 228m and 216m and a central span of 1418m, the Tsing Lung bridge would have been the third longest long-span suspension bridge in the world (at that time). For political reasons known only to them, the Hong Kong Government decided to shelve the bridge indefinitely.

I worked on the bridge as part of the team doing the Category III (fully independant) design check of the bridge when I worked for Mott MacDonald. (Mott Connell (refer to link) is part of the Mott MacDonald Group). My job was to check the reinforced concrete towers and also to check the classifications of weld of the orthotropic steel box-girder deck under fatigue loading.

The deck was determined as being satisfactory but the towers were found to be locally overstressed at their intersection with the cross-beam at deck level under transverse loading (a right-angle or similar re-entrant corner will always cause a (theoretically infinite at the root) stress concentration. The provision of a haunch fillet was recommended accordingly.

So, with an answer of 1420m; incredibly just 2m from the correct answer, the winner is...

BobbyDigital!

Congratulations to you Sir. :) If you would like to PM me with your name and address written exactly how I should write it on the parcel, it will be my pleasure to send this off to you.

Thank you to all who entered. :) Sorry that there can only be one winner. :( Better luck next time...;)

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Buckle-meister said:
With back spans of 228m and 216m and a central span of 1418m, the Tsing Lung bridge would have been the third longest long-span suspension bridge in the world (at that time). For political reasons known only to them, the Hong Kong Government decided to shelve the bridge indefinitely.

I worked on the bridge as part of the team doing the Category III (fully independant) design check of the bridge when I worked for Mott MacDonald. (Mott Connell (refer to link) is part of the Mott MacDonald Group). My job was to check the reinforced concrete towers and also to check the classifications of weld of the orthotropic steel box-girder deck under fatigue loading.

The deck was determined as being satisfactory but the towers were found to be locally overstressed at their intersection with the cross-beam at deck level under transverse loading (a right-angle or similar re-entrant corner will always cause a (theoretically infinite at the root) stress concentration. The provision of a haunch fillet was recommended accordingly.

So, with an answer of 1420m; incredibly just 2m from the correct answer, the winner is...

BobbyDigital!

Congratulations to you Sir. :) If you would like to PM me with your name and address written exactly how I should write it on the parcel, it will be my pleasure to send this off to you.

Thank you to all who entered. :) Sorry that there can only be one winner. :( Better luck next time...;)
So should i ask from Bobby or from you for the half bottle? Lol...Congrats Bobby...you deserve it:p

Buckle-meister

masak_aer said:
So should i ask from Bobby or from you for the half bottle?
If you're prepared to come over for it, I'll gladly let you have the half-bottle.

I'll crack open the other spare I have. :eek: :D

M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
The original concept of an "extra" favorite bottle of scotch made me chuckle. It was fun to participate, even if my Jedi mind tricks did not sway the contest. So much to learn. . .

Good show, Buckle.

Now, I've got an "extra" sack of rocks. . .

Duffinator

Duffinator

Bummer

Is there a prize for second place?:rolleyes:

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffinator
Is there a prize for second place?

Alas, no.

How about 4th place? Rats!

(Fun activity, Robbie. Thx.)

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Nice contest Buckle-meister, thanks for the fun.

bobbydigital

bobbydigital

Junior Audioholic
Three Cheers For Buckle-Meister!!!

I'm a winner!!!:D Originally I was gonna go with just 420 but then... after scoping some other guesses and a little long span research I wisely decided to shove a one in front. Don't worry all, the bottle will be rightly appreciated.:D

bobbydigital

bobbydigital

Junior Audioholic
IT HAS ARRIVED!!!! And it has been decorked.;)

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
Congratulations! :)

Enjoy it while it lasts. It's not something easily come by.

Buckle-meister

majorloser said:
No luck, eh Major? :D

BobbyDigital, I'm glad you finally received your prize. Although I wrapped it pretty substantially, still I worried something might befall it. If you do decide to post your opinion of it, please be honest. I won't be offended in the least if it's not quite your 'thing'. After all, each person's taste is different.

Slainte Mhath! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis