The fantastic voyage of my lawn gnomes

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just poking a bit of fun as I agonizingly wait for a delivery!

TRACKING1.png

(The bikini shots actually have relevance beyond hiding the tracking number... a small hint?)

My lawn gnomes began their journey from Chicago a week ago... originally they were to arrive on my lawn Monday the 26th.

At the break of dawn Wednesday morning they made a stop in Nashville, and took in Music City until well after dark.

Then they headed on into Knoxville just after midnight, and crashed for the night. I thought they would get back on the road, but they apparently decided to break for Thanksgiving! 4 whole days!

Finally after the turkey hangover subsided they hit the road last night. Foolish me figured they would head east, but noooo, they seem to have made a wrong turn somewhere and found themselves in Charlotte in the wee hours of the morning!

Probably knocked out again before they get back on the highway. Pesky little gnomes! Where will they wind up next? Stay tuned!

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Are there gnomes in this thread? I havent gotten past the bikinis yet. :p

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Lo and behold! Tricksy little gnomes snuck out of Charlotte at 3AM (what kind of trouble did they get into down there, I wonder?) and high tailed it into Norfolk!

TRACKING2.png

Will today be the day they find their proper place on my lawn? Gotta keep an eye on them!

s-l300.jpg

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

This has escalated quickly! :oops:

TRACKING3.png

I'm going to have to get my butt home before they do, lest those little critters get out of hand and overrun my lawn. I already know those pesky gnomes know how to party!

too-many-ornamentals.png

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Pointless, irrelevant placeholder picture. But it was on my phone.

IMG_20181124_0902281.jpg

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

So how this concluded... The truck driver called me at 3:30 and let me know he was in town but he had to go back out of town FIRST before coming back and making my delivery (residential customers always get their stuff last L). Not wanting to wait any longer, I offered to meet the truck driver since he was only a few miles away at the time. He seemed quite happy to sign custody of the gnomes over to me. I can only imagine what mischievous misdeeds had taken place in that truck…

I thought getting them into my wife’s Sorento would be a simple enough task. I was half right. One got into the car without much fuss. The other one, well that sucker wanted to put up a fight! So I’m out in mid-30 degree weather, chilling winds, going at it with this critter in a parking lot. Clothes were lost during the tussle (not mine). But finally I got that fool in the car. Frigid and worn from my Pyrrhic victory, I drove home.

At long last, the amazing journey had concluded; the wayward gnomes were finally, FINALLY at home on my lawn: One fully dressed, one… just in his underwear.

IMG_20181128_1700160.jpg

One for the road: why the heck the girly pictures?

t&a.jpg

T&A FTW, of course!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis