The everything Beer thread

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Slow cookin some Butt! Beer is in order:

Sent from a handheld device using a silly little app.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Switching to something much lighter as I have a little labor ahead of me. :)
Always enjoyed this... much better on tap. Not too many do it, but I have seen and tried a few other California Common, or Steam, brews.
Traditionally, an ale brewed with bottom fermenting (lager) yeast, I have heard it said that modern Anchor Steam is actually lagered.
Regardless, I still appreciate this classic!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You know Chimay is 9% at bottling but they pitch yeast at bottling as well and it continues to ferment in the bottle. If you have a cool dark place to age it it will almost become a port and hit about 15% in a year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More people should age beer. Just keeps getting better. Granted, it does have to be 9%+ for it to work. Less than that it will go bad.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Crisp, clean, lightly tart on the verge of going sour.

Cheers!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This is one of my standby IPAs.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
man those beers look tasty!! got my month watered up!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw Deschutes shut down a while back.....just how much beer do we have in the national stockpile for emergencies? :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
A 3-Pack of love...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Just saw Deschutes shut down a while back.....just how much beer do we have in the national stockpile for emergencies? :)
This is a sad day indeed. Some of the other breweries do make beer that has surpassed my love of “fresh squeezed”, but that was an early favorite that I just loved. so dank and mmmm. I believe they had to change how they made it slightly to keep up with distribution and it was never quite the same. Still good but...
I still love Black Butte Porter and obsidian stout.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ok... this might be it... I’ve gone through most of the beer I’ve wanted to drink over the last 3 months of being dry. Not hanging it up, but not needing to drink a six pack a day, either! :p

This was pretty good... a Lager made with some mesquite-smoked Barley. Just enough smoke to taste, but very quaffable; not overwhelming. :D

Cheers!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Looks delicious! Great story too lol.

The description of the other smoky one reminded me of this local beer.

It has a subtle sooty flavor. Really good. When I found it I was looking for Samuel Adams cinder Bock (I think Phillip posted it here long time ago). Always intrigued me, but I could never find it.

Shells makes one called chimney sweep. Never had one but my friend said it was sooty, and pretty good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis