The DO is Getting a Baby Brother!

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
Jeez Fuzz! MFD to sub in 60 easy steps. Timeframe not guaranteed. Individual results may vary... :D.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Jeez Fuzz! MFD to sub in 60 easy steps. Timeframe not guaranteed. Individual results may vary... :D.
This is the easy part. I can bang out raw MDF versions as fast as the glue will dry. Its the finishing part that's laborious and time consuming, which is why I skipped it in my first two sub builds :eek:

I may do something with this one though. I'll have to see how I feel about it when the time comes.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Top's on. As you can see I have to leave the glue directly in front of the heater because it cooled back down and with nights in the teens the workshop is getting down to under 50. Which is definitely no good for glue setting.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I haven't seen any mention of internal cabling yet??? Personally I wouldn't go any lower than Cardas Clear Beyond speaker wire; that should help speed up the bass considerably and make up for those clunky 18" drivers you're using. I still wouldn't expect your build to beat a good 10" or 12" REL or B&W in musicality, but you'd be a step closer. :D :eek::p

PS: Looking good so far

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I haven't seen any mention of internal cabling yet??? Personally I wouldn't go any lower than Cardas Clear Beyond speaker wire; that should help speed up the bass considerably and make up for those clunky 18" drivers you're using. I still wouldn't expect your build to beat a good 10" or 12" REL or B&W in musicality, but you'd be a step closer. :D :eek::p

PS: Looking good so far
I think we all know by now that I don't use these subs for sound. They're basically just huge, expensive Bass Shakers. Except they shake the entire house, because let's be serious, what a waste of money to just shake one seat :p :D

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
I think we all know by now that I don't use these subs for sound. They're basically just huge, expensive Bass Shakers. Except they shake the entire house, because let's be serious, what a waste of money to just shake one seat :p :D
Yeah, at this rate, very soon LHC will have to schedule their tests around your movie and music sessions... :D.

I can see the headlines, "LHC finds source of error causing false discover of Graviton. Fuzz was watching U571".

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, at this rate, very soon LHC will have to schedule their tests around your movie and music sessions... :D.

I can see the headlines, "LHC finds source of error causing false discover of Graviton. Fuzz was watching U571".
"That's the dream."

-Barney Stinson

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
The only image more enticing than that picture would be one of boobs. Come to think of it, if you squint, they do look like boobs. I'm joining Audioholics Anonymous :D.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

Nah, I don't see that.
At most one small headline "The epicenter of mysterious earthquakes, which was puzzling seismologist for years was located at exact location of Fuzz house.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nah, I don't see that.
At most one small headline "The epicenter of mysterious earthquakes, which was puzzling seismologist for years was located at exact location of Fuzz house.
Geez, it's like you guys think my system is loud or something :p

If BSA can't hear it down where he is, then it's both not that loud and not loud enough :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
First outer baffle is going on. I dry fitted and it was extremely tight. I can already see it's going to be a PITA to wedge the driver in there unless I take off the gasket.
<style id="pageBrightnessCustomCSS">body{zoom:165%;}</style>

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I bungled things up a little bit. A fix is in the works, although it remains to be seen if it will work or not. Here's hoping.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
First outer hole cut. Tried it a little differently this time. Instead of cutting all the holes and gluing the baffle pieces together first, I glued each piece on one at a time and then cut each hole. This way was more time consuming, but I think I like the results a bit better.

Had a little mishap, and this is the result. Triple thick baffle. When I did a little experiment with the drivers, I found that their a$$ ends needed about a 1/2" of separation at minimum so I added the extra baffles to try and get that extra spacing. I finished rough sanding all the edges, but still need to bondo.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis