The Boy Who Cried Wolf

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
OK, forget the average Joe, (you and me). Think about the national political machine that defines direction and policy for their party. Is nobody in this machine familiar with The Boy Who Cried Wolf? They have pursued and failed with the same tactic for 3 years. We're near the start of the 4th quarter and they have yet to score. You all know what I'm talking about. So for all the Monday Morning Quarterbacks, what strategy do you suggest now? Do you really think there even is a strategy that can win for you in 2020?

My view is that there is not. All the traditional metrics used to judge the effectiveness of an administration will be no help to you this time because none of those metrics are worse than under the previous guy. None of the challengers represent mainstream America. You certainly have emotion and feelings, but I don't think that alone can win the election. And you cannot explain why all that emotion and feeling was absent when similar policies were supported by your party in the recent past.

So if you were in charge of strategy and policy, what would you do to win in 2020?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You know the idea of giving a big swath of the central US states to people from one party and the rest to the other?

I would be OK with that as long as I can be left alone by people who like to force the majority to give preferential treatment to a very small percentage of the population.

I'm so sick of being considered racist, bigoted, sexist, privileged, wrong and ignorant that I could puke. I was actually told I moved to a suburb because of White Flight. I grew up here, I moved into Milwaukee for 16 years and moved back- living in MKE sucked and it's worse now. I was tired of losing my stuff to dirtbags who think it's OK to steal from others and after an attempted break-in where I lived, I gave up. I'm tired of being taxed for a city and school system that are so broken that the only proposed "fix" for the problems is throwing more money at them. The MKE School system budget for 2019 is $1.2 Billion for about 76,000 students. That's almost $16K/student! The whole city budget is about $1.4 Billion- how could a school system cost so much?????????????????????

Wages and pensions, that's how.

The new dog catcher (OK, Governor) isn't qualified for the job, but he was elected because the Left hated the last one so much. OTOH, he pissed me and a lot of others off by winning the recall election and then running for POTUS, so a lot of voters turned against him.

I'm sick of the current state of politics, where the country is heading and who's in charge (on a global scale).

The problem- where could I go and be free to live without a lot of BS?

Obviously, we need services and agencies, which cost money- anyone who wants to pay zero taxes is insane for thinking it's possible to have roads, Police/Fire departments and other infrastructure without paying taxes but I'm sick of politicians who force their pet projects down our throats, telling us "We're doing this for you" and "It's for your own good".

On a local morning radio show, one of the guys said "I have a hard time listening to billionaires telling millionaires what the Middle Class needs".

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This kind of crap really pisses me off- warning- bad language and a lot of stupidity.

https://www.oann.com/antifa-militants-harass-throw-rocks-at-portland-police-officers/

I would like to have seen someone explain what happens if the Police go away.

Don't dump on me for the source- it was the first one that came up- I originally saw this on YouTube.
Don’t have the time currently and will look at this thread later but here’s my very short .02. Cops should shoot first and ask later. If people don’t want to get shot, don’t be a Fukkin criminal.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
For the most part yes but there is currently a high profile case here in DFW where an off duty police officer (just getting home from work) entered the wrong apartment thinking it was hers and shot an innocent man to death. I'm not going into the circumstances here but this is really a strange (but oh so sad for everyone involved) case. It will be very interesting to see how this case plays out.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
For the most part yes but there is currently a high profile case here in DFW where an off duty police officer (just getting home from work) entered the wrong apartment thinking it was hers and shot an innocent man to death. I'm not going into the circumstances here but this is really a strange (but oh so sad for everyone involved) case. It will be very interesting to see how this case plays out.
I’ve seen that story. Pretty horrible, I couldn’t imagine...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'd imagine you'd just shoot the officer for being a fukkin criminal?
Oh you know what I mean. I wasn’t talking about her. What she did was not an intentional criminal act. I do think she should be prosecuted for murdering someone, but it’s not the same as all the garbage in the world engaging cops in obvious criminal behavior like shootouts and car chases etc. my original statement about asking questions later was not thought out all the way. But my feelings aren’t dissimilar in that, I am tired of criminals, and tired of them getting slapped on the wrist, and blaming cops for shooting them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
May not have been intentional but it certainly was criminal thus my comment. Too many cops have guns they can't control, for that matter there are simply too many guns, too.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
May not have been intentional but it certainly was criminal thus my comment. Too many cops have guns they can't control, for that matter there are simply too many guns, too.
For sure. And too many cops on power trips. Obviously the conversation needs to be much bigger than we’ll cover here. I agree. Like I said she wasn’t intentionally criminal, but should be prosecuted.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Heard about this case. Devastating case indeed. Wonder how she got into that apartment? Unlocked? Is her apartment unlocked as well or she didn't realize her key didn't work if she tired a key or something else.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Heard about this case. Devastating case indeed. Wonder how she got into that apartment? Unlocked? Is her apartment unlocked as well or she didn't realize her key didn't work if she tired a key or something else.
The door was unlocked, which is apparently one of the reasons why she thought someone broke in to her apartment. A truly tragic situation. The victim was just sitting in his own apartment. Assuming she is telling the truth, she had no Mens Rea.

The learning for anyone that can come out of this is to not act impulsively, especially with a gun. A reasonable person should have verified the situation before firing. Another is to keep your doors locked at all times.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The door was unlocked, which is apparently one of the reasons why she thought someone broke in to her apartment. A truly tragic situation. The victim was just sitting in his own apartment. Assuming she is telling the truth, she had no Mens Rea.

The learning for anyone that can come out of this is to not act impulsively, especially with a gun. A reasonable person should have verified the situation before firing. Another is to keep your doors locked at all times.
I am just curious if she tried to unlock the door with her key whether it turned or not. If it didn't, but door is open, that would be a pause to think what is going on here.
Or, she just tried to open the door first or the door was just ajar which it would seem happened?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

And, even if it was her place, do you just go in and start shooting?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
And, even if it was her place, do you just go in and start shooting?
That’s not what she said happened, as I remember reading the story. It was dark in the apartment and the victim got up and started approaching her. She interpreted the approach as a threat and fired. Regardless, she trespassed and then misinterpreted the victim’s actions and intent. It is difficult to even discuss it.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

This case has been on the Justice Channel-people talk about 'situational awareness' WRT gun ownership- the Police aren't different in that regard and it's absolutely imperative that this is reinforced EVERYWHERE people train with guns, apply for gun sales, etc. I'm not sure how she could walk into the wrong apartment, but she should have at least noticed that the furniture was different (unless the apartments are all the same).

highfigh

highfigh

She seems to have controlled the gun very well. The problem was in how she assessed the situation.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
OK, forget the average Joe, (you and me). Think about the national political machine that defines direction and policy for their party. Is nobody in this machine familiar with The Boy Who Cried Wolf? They have pursued and failed with the same tactic for 3 years. We're near the start of the 4th quarter and they have yet to score. You all know what I'm talking about. So for all the Monday Morning Quarterbacks, what strategy do you suggest now? Do you really think there even is a strategy that can win for you in 2020?

My view is that there is not. All the traditional metrics used to judge the effectiveness of an administration will be no help to you this time because none of those metrics are worse than under the previous guy. None of the challengers represent mainstream America. You certainly have emotion and feelings, but I don't think that alone can win the election. And you cannot explain why all that emotion and feeling was absent when similar policies were supported by your party in the recent past.

So if you were in charge of strategy and policy, what would you do to win in 2020?
You raise a very interesting question. It appears that until/unless Republicans finally decide enough is enough, Mr. Trump will be practically bulletproof.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/trumps-ukranian-favor-what-impeachment/598849/

We have our own federal election campaign going on right now and it is going as - sadly and predictably - as expected. The two main parties are busy demonizing the other and promising a chicken in every pot and a unicorn in every backyard. The other parties are promising two unicorns in every backyard...:rolleyes:

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
@herbu , FWIW, I've been making an effort to pick the brains of as many folks as I can here in Colorado, with the conservatives in my area being more libertarian leaning than cultural conservatives, which could explain what I've heard. While most share your sentiment, a notable portion say if it's Yang vs. Trump, Yang will get their vote, and if it's Trump vs. any of the others then Trump will get their vote.

Whoever is nominated, it's looking likely that the R candidate will be Pence, not Trump. Trump managed to Plaxico himself by releasing the transcript.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis