The best movies that never got a sequel

S

septim

Audioholic
I think most people liked True Lies. I was definitely pleasantly surprised by it. They were actually supposed to do a sequel, but then Arnold became governor of "Kaleefohnya" and wasn't able to do it. I know it's killing Tom Arnold. I'm sure he could use the money.
Apparently according to Tom Arnold everything is set up to go for a True Lies sequel, literally the day after Arnold steps down from office. It would be awesome to see an older Arnold in one more action film with Cameron back in the helm. That's the right way to go out, not the string of hacky action movies he did in the early 2000s.

B

bombarde32

Audioholic
Master and Commander

I originally heard it was suppose to be a trilogy, and that there are many books around the story line. I love that movie on Blu-Ray, really exercises the ole system.
Great movie! Makes sense too since it leaves you hanging with him laying in a pursuit course (yea, I watch too much Star Trek) after the French Captain that just outsmarted him.

B

bombarde32

Audioholic
That's the right way to go out, not the string of hacky action movies he did in the early 2000s.
In that same vein of thought ... Is anyone actually happy they brought Indiana out of retirement just to give us the crappy "Crystal Skull" ????

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Boondock Saints apparently is finally filming a sequel.......can't wait for that!

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Boondock Saints apparently is finally filming a sequel.......can't wait for that!
No Willem Dafoe though :( - that kind of makes me nervous, as he was one of the best parts of the first one, IMO.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Rocky.........wait...uh...never mind.:rolleyes:
Does this one already has four or five sequels? And I do mind!
Can they find better stuff to do sequels? Like Rambo, for example.... oh, wait...this one.... was not even made.... yet,... or is Rambo not suppose to be the prequel of Rocky? Which year were we? Are those two guys under the same alias? How many are there in all? And is it really over yet? Like... ell... aaahhtchhhoum! Scuse-me.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I'm holding out for Jaws V where the shark can not only pursue the family's descendants across the country, it can even come up on land and kick their butts Matrix-style...
That would be a land shark, I think Chevy Chase should get that roll:D

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
No Willem Dafoe though :( - that kind of makes me nervous, as he was one of the best parts of the first one, IMO.
Yes I completely agree....he gave the movie that strange crossdressing, gay, hooker flair that all good movies cannot do without.....:)

But in all seriousness, Willem Dafoe was an exceptional actor and the movie will not be the same without him!

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Apparently according to Tom Arnold everything is set up to go for a True Lies sequel, literally the day after Arnold steps down from office. It would be awesome to see an older Arnold in one more action film with Cameron back in the helm. That's the right way to go out, not the string of hacky action movies he did in the early 2000s.
I read an interview with Cameron the other day. No True Lies sequel. It is all in Tom Arnold's head. He said there has never been plans for a sequel. Sorry!

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Great movie! Makes sense too since it leaves you hanging with him laying in a pursuit course (yea, I watch too much Star Trek) after the French Captain that just outsmarted him.
There are 20 or 21 books in the series (I've only read the first four, but am about to start on the fifth this weekend... Not a fifth... the fifth book in the series). O'Brian actually died while composing the 21st book. Apparently, his original hand-written notes can be found online, but they're almost impossible to read.

So, there's plenty of material out there to build a few sequels... provided you can get the cast back.

The first movie was a collection of bits from several books (for instance, when Stephen Maturin gets shot and has to perform surgery on himself? That surgery scene is taken from the third book, HMS Surprise - though the source of the wound is not a marine lieutenant's errant shot at an albatross.

Of the two lead characters, Jack Aubrey and Stephen Maturin, Maturin is by far and away the more interesting of the two. He's seriously messed up and full of self-deceptions and rationalizations. A great character.

Russell Crowe was an awesome casting decision in the role of Jack Aubrey.

The DTS soundtrack on the DVD totally rocks. A buddy came over the other day, and we listened to it at movie theater volume levels (no one else was home). The dog and the cats all made for the farthest corners of the house.

Great movie.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
cwall, you should hear it on lossless audio on Bluray.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm holding out for Jaws V where the shark can not only pursue the family's descendants across the country, it can even come up on land and kick their butts Matrix-style...
Did you trademark or copyright this idea yet? Be careful, the wheels are already turning in Hollywood how to do this;):D

S

septim

Audioholic
In that same vein of thought ... Is anyone actually happy they brought Indiana out of retirement just to give us the crappy "Crystal Skull" ????
I had no problem buying Ford as an older Jones, my problems were the **** story and the strange directorial choices.

V

Vracer111

Audioholic
I want to see the sequel to "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th dimension" which never got made...:(

Which reminds me, I need to find it on DVD, can't get enough of John Lithgow as Dr. Lizardo yelling "Monkey boy!".... ;)

manofsteel2397

manofsteel2397

Audioholic
i would like to see a sequal to amizon women on the moon lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis