The 'Best' listening rooms you've ever heard ............

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
For me it's my local brick & mortar, Overture Audio in Wilmington, De and Chad Kassem's(Acoustic Sounds) personal room at his business in Salina, Ks. Had the opportunity to visit/tour his facility 14 years ago with the Martin Logan Owners group.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Bjorn's in San Antonio, TX has a room set up with a pair of B&W 802 D3s and a stack of McIntosh gear. It's a huge room, treated, and they only had 2 or 3 other pairs of speakers in it. The D3s were the stars tho, and they were well out into the room, away from walls or corners and toed to perfection toward the LP. Best sounding system and speakers I've ever heard.

20171013_142617-2124x1195.jpg
20171013_142609-1195x2124.jpg
20171013_142658-1195x2124.jpg
20171013_141946-2124x1195.jpg

Now I don't wanna brag too much... but my living room isn't too shabby either. I've managed to dial in an amazing bass response and I have a pair of towers ordered (Ascend Acoustics Sierra Ribbons) that I think (hope) could very well rival the D3s when crossed over to my subs.

04-05-20 Final-600x232.jpg
04-05-20 Waterfall-600x262.jpg

04-05-20 House Curves-600x256.jpg

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I too have heard the mighty B&W's in some great kit as well.

Looking forward to your impression once your Ascends are set up and dialed ! They seem like a real nice transducer, share a couple pics with us once they're in place !

below are the Martin Logan CLX's performing superbly @ Overture Audio, went back a week later to hear them accompanied by a pair of Descenti subs, one of the best sounds I've ever heard. IMO noting produces piano like stats.

CLX Overture.JPG

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
For me it's my local brick & mortar, Overture Audio in Wilmington, De and Chad Kassem's(Acoustic Sounds) personal room at his business in Salina, Ks. Had the opportunity to visit/tour his facility 14 years ago with the Martin Logan Owners group.
They have some fantastic sound rooms at Overture. Been down there about 6 or 7 times. That's what sold me on getting my Focal's and the downward spiral of my wallet. ;)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Honestly, I have never heard a better room than the one I have hear. I have not heard another even get close. That is why I design a lot of my own equipment.

This room just so very close to being there. I am over the moon as to how this new room sounds.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis