j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It looked interesting and has a few interesting cast members, so I checked out the first episode. It is a pretty interesting blend of action and story and it doesn't hold off getting started. It feels a lot like The Mandalorian. It has an almost immediate reveal about the underlying goings on, which I am not 100% sold on so we'll see how it develops.

Of note, not specifically about this show, but in general: Lucas himself said he is not a fan of the direction The Mouse has taken the Star Wars ideology.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Of note, not specifically about this show, but in general: Lucas himself said he is not a fan of the direction The Mouse has taken the Star Wars ideology.
I couldn't care less what he thinks after what he did with Episodes 1-3. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I will take the Lucas prequels over almost everything that has come out on Disney+ and episodes 8 and 9. :)
Rogue One 2016 by Disney (Disney bought Lucasfilm in 2012) was pretty good.

There are flaws to each of the Disney SW series (Mandalorian, Obi Wan, Andor, Ahsoka, Boba Fett), but I thought they were all better than Episodes 1-3 and 7-9.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Rogue One 2016 by Disney (Disney bought Lucasfilm in 2012) was pretty good.

There are flaws to each of the Disney SW series (Mandalorian, Obi Wan, Andor, Ahsoka, Boba Fett), but I thought they were all better than Episodes 1-3 and 7-9.
Episodes 1-6 and Rogue One are the best movies. Andor is the best show produced for Disney+. Mando had some decent episodes. Obi Wan had lots of potential, but sucked. Had a couple cool scenes, but overall story was trash. Have not wasted any more time with Ahsoka, Boba Fett and won't watch this Acolyte garbage.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw half of episode 1. The beginning feels like The Matrix with Trinity kicking Kung-Fu a$$, except they made her character stupid. I mean, when your apparent former student comes to kill you with daggers, you should take it a lot more seriously, instead of acting like you're practicing.

None of these Star Wars contents have great writing, except for SW E04-06 and Rogue One.

But overall, there is enough to keep me wanting to watch some more, so that's a lot more than I can say for "Solo", SW E01-03, SW E07-09.

I don't think I've ever seen Jedis with Kung-Fu "Matrix" style fighting. So that feels different. :D

I would have liked it a lot more if they had made Trinity the main protagonist for this entire series. But, of course, SW can never be THAT good. :D

Last edited:
D

dolynick

Audioholic
Episode one does some stuff that was really starting to irk me as it went on, but by the end they straightened that out. I'm reasonably interested to see where it goes and what plays out with the rest of it after finishing episode two.

While it didn't wow me overly much, I didn't note anything too egregious either. There's a few quirky characters that I'm not sure but no Jar-Jar level transgressions.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I watched E2 already. Feels pretty similar to the first, is still OK for me to keep watching for now.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I watched E2 already. Feels pretty similar to the first, is still OK for me to keep watching for now.
Yeah I saw E02 last night. Still very watchable. Not great writing, but I’ll watch.

She is murdered in the first half in the first episode. Disappointing.
Still pissed me off what happened to Trinity. Those bastards. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I saw half of episode 1. The beginning feels like The Matrix with Trinity kicking Kung-Fu a$$, except they made her character stupid. I mean, when your apparent former student comes to kill you with daggers, you should take it a lot more seriously, instead of acting like you're practicing.

None of these Star Wars contents have great writing, except for SW E04-06 and Rogue One.

But overall, there is enough to keep me wanting to watch some more, so that's a lot more than I can say for "Solo", SW E01-03, SW E07-09.

I don't think I've ever seen Jedis with Kung-Fu "Matrix" style fighting. So that feels different. :D

I would have liked it a lot more if they had made Trinity the main protagonist for this entire series. But, of course, SW can never be THAT good. :D
100% Agree with the assessment of Acolyte. If you look over the entirety of Star Wars Universe, when do the Jedi ever come across wise or show common sense, outside of Yoda and even then lol[

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
The mystery of what those four Jedi did is pretty compelling. I hope the payoff is good.

Jim

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought Episode 3 was so stupid that I couldn’t even finish watching the episode. I give up. They need to hire good writers. :D

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Luke, I am your father. My oldest Son has this. He talks, arm moves, lightsaber lights up. That's Darth Vader's ship. It's a Lego build.

1718288751923.png

O

Oddball

Audioholic Intern
Saw first 2 episodes and yeah they were watchable. Not to go into story or characters as they still have time to spice it up, my current comment relates to poor technical production.

Resolution of the show is effectively 720p and sound is equally cheap. Perhaps that is meant to address the elder times at which the story happens, but I would say it is more to cut to production cost o_O. Don't think this is a way to go as competition is putting out eye and ear candy on regular basis.

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
We built the Deathstar set. It took ~2 yrs. It was like a part time job.
I bet it's really cool! My son said he and his wife and his son took a few months to build Vader's ship. It not small either.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis