The „standby“ nightmare

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
First a straight question, does anyone know how to bypass/turnoff/surgically remove or otherwise defeat the standby mode.

I’m not trying to convince anyone, just please tell me. I’ll open it, I’ll do what it takes.

I have a sound bar which is great in every possible way. Simple, loud, good sound, connectivity... I love it and I didn’t pay much for it. But it has such an annoying feature it goes to standby to soon (whoever thinks he’s saving energy or planet or wildlife or animals or rain forests with my sound bar going to standby after only a few minutes with no signal???)

I still don’t want to change it. I’m giving it another chance but the standby has got to go!

Toilet break, it turns off, go check your email real quick, it turns off, go get a chocolate, it turns off, make a toast, check your phone, make a soft drink... The damn thing just doesn’t want to work! You look the other way it turns off.

BTW, it has to be DIY work. The model doesn't let you set it up.

It's
Soundcore Infini Mini Soundbar by Anker

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Hmm, this is the only useful piece of information I could find in the user's manual:
1600970394152.png

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
:D:D
I feel for them. I think that's the only one they sold!
I took a look at the questions section on Amazon, someone asked about defeating the standby feature, and looks like it is likely not defeatable.

How/why does it go to standby? When the signal is too low for a certain time? Then, a higher signal wakes it up again? Or, you have to manually turn it back on?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I took a look at the questions section on Amazon, someone asked about defeating the standby feature, and looks like it is likely not defeatable.

How/why does it go to standby? When the signal is too low for a certain time? Then, a higher signal wakes it up again? Or, you have to manually turn it back on?
No. No signal makes it go to standby, you have to turn it on manualy or with a remote.

It was a bad decision on their part, I'm telling you. If I rip it apart, is it possible to disconnect something?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The feature is designed to help keep it cool! :p Obviously. If it turns itself off within a second of no signal, how can it ever get warn, even? ;)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
No. No signal makes it go to standby, you have to turn it on manualy or with a remote.

It was a bad decision on their part, I'm telling you. If I rip it apart, is it possible to disconnect something?
Perhaps an experiment.......what if you were to try plugging a CD player into the other input and just have that playing continuously? I'm just wondering if a signal on the other input would keep it from going to sleep.

Beyond that, I highly doubt that you are going to find some way to defeat this! It is likely part of the firmware and/or it is tied to logic circuits on an IC. You may be having to bodge something together to trick it.

I did a quick google search and found a thread with the same complaints.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Perhaps an experiment.......what if you were to try plugging a CD player into the other input and just have that playing continuously? I'm just wondering if a signal on the other input would keep it from going to sleep.

Beyond that, I highly doubt that you are going to find some way to defeat this! It is likely part of the firmware and/or it is tied to logic circuits on an IC. You may be having to bodge something together to trick it.

I did a quick google search and found a thread with the same complaints.
This is not bad AT ALL!!! I'm gonna try this, it just might work.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This is how you deal with such an annoying unit
Without looking, I assumed it was an HP printer- I had one and wanted to beat it with a baseball bat. Done with inkjet- I use a Brother that needs toner and the starter cartridge lasted three years, while HP cartridges would go dry in six months, even though I could feel that they weren't empty.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis