Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Only if they come to believe that intelligence is a highly over rated quality.
:D

They'll be too stupid to think that coherently. It'll be more like, "monkey good," and "go away, I'm batin'." :)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I'l give ya some cross words all right!

Actually, I stumbled across this word/meaning in one of those Reader's Digest "Improve your Vocabulary" columns. I'll read damn near anything!

Ok, I've got to ask, you must be one serious crossword whiz? :D

Or, maybe you're this guy?

either way, you're my hero. :p

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
Tesla was indeed far ahead of his time. He came here on a recommendation of a friend to work with Tom Edison. The friend wrote “I know two very intelligent men. You’re one of them, this man Mr. Tesla is the other.”

Edison told Tesla he would pay him $50,000 (in the early 1900’s, that was a TON of money) if he could produce 5 items that could be patented. Tesla did, and Edison stiffed him for the money. Tesla went on to work for what would become GE, but didn’t make the kind of money he should have. He would have a bit of revenge on Edison later as his AC was chosen to power the Chicago Worlds Fair over Edison’s DC.

He also liked to sit in the park for hours feeding the pigeons, and said he didn’t like women because of the earrings they wore.

I think it’s very cool they named this all electric vehicle after him:

annunaki

annunaki

Tesla was indeed far ahead of his time. He came here on a recommendation of a friend to work with Tom Edison. The friend wrote “I know two very intelligent men. You’re one of them, this man Mr. Tesla is the other.”

Edison told Tesla he would pay him $50,000 (in the early 1900’s, that was a TON of money) if he could produce 5 items that could be patented. Tesla did, and Edison stiffed him for the money. Tesla went on to work for what would become GE, but didn’t make the kind of money he should have. He would have a bit of revenge on Edison later as his AC was chosen to power the Chicago Worlds Fair over Edison’s DC.

He also liked to sit in the park for hours feeding the pigeons, and said he didn’t like women because of the earrings they wore.

I think it’s very cool they named this all electric vehicle after him:

They just had that car on Top Gear. It goes quite well. Too bad it only lasts for 55 miles with a heavy foot. :mad: :confused:

I don't believe that car is worthy of it's name. It should be the Edison. :D

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
FWIW – He was actually Croatian. And just not to confuse Mr. Tesla with David Bowie:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
FWIW – He was actually Croatian.
I heard that before but then I found out his father was an Orthodox priest. You can't be one of those if you are Croatian. PBS had a special about him or I borrowed a DVD from the library about him but have since lost interest.

BTW, the death ray is real, top secret but real, keep a lid on it. ;) :)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
He was in my movie last night. He created a cloning machine in the movie for a magician. It was funny.:D

astrodon

astrodon

Audioholic
FYI, the physics community honored Tesla years ago by naming the unit of magnetic field strength in the SI system as the "tesla" which is equal to one newton/coulomb/(meter/second).

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
He was in my movie last night. He created a cloning machine in the movie for a magician. It was funny.:D
You can never have too many hats;)

Yeah, I really didn't get that whole plot point

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis