annunaki

annunaki

Tesla was so far ahead of his time people thought he was crazy. We are only now beginning to catch up with him 120 years later.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
The same will be said in 120 years about people the general public call crazy today.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I thought this was about the old rock band Tesla. I started singing about signs, signs, everywhere is signs...

I'm all about some wireless power, how awesome would that be.

majorloser

majorloser

The idea is so cool. I just wonder about transfer efficiency and losses. Wire is relatively cheap compared to power generating fuels.

annunaki

annunaki

The same will be said in 120 years about people the general public call crazy today.
I am not so sure about that. I have not seen any claims from anyone in the scientific/research community that were on the scale of things proposed/introduced by Tesla.

Our society has been slowly dumbing down (though it seems more rapidly lately). Their are fewer great minds going into science & reasearch because such individuals are not as highly regarded by the public as opposed to an athlete or rock star. This heavily influences young people at an early age.

That is another topic though and I am not about to derail the thread.

P

Po1nt-Tak3n

Enthusiast
"Will the cat be OK? "Biological organisms are invisible to, and unaffected by, a magnetic field," Soljacic says."

One could picture an "X-Men" style complication, I don't remember the main bad guy's name that broke out of "prison" in the second movie, with the iron\led and what-not in our systems :eek:

Also, more pertinent to our discussion, you have to wonder what kind of interference this kind of stuff could have with our A/V equipment. The article talks about him turning on a TV and DVD player, but who knows what kind of quality degradation could take place. It seems like there's an awe full lot of care and consideration that goes into extra shielding and isolation on our A/V and power cables. Doesn't this kind of technology kind of seem like it could compromise all of that?

annunaki

annunaki

"Will the cat be OK? "Biological organisms are invisible to, and unaffected by, a magnetic field," Soljacic says."

One could picture an "X-Men" style complication, I don't remember the main bad guy's name that broke out of "prison" in the second movie, with the iron\led and what-not in our systems :eek:

Also, more pertinent to our discussion, you have to wonder what kind of interference this kind of stuff could have with our A/V equipment. The article talks about him turning on a TV and DVD player, but who knows what kind of quality degradation could take place. It seems like there's an awe full lot of care and consideration that goes into extra shielding and isolation on our A/V and power cables. Doesn't this kind of technology kind of seem like it could compromise all of that?
Good points! Shielding would become quite important in this case, however, the radio frequency used to carry the electric signal may be well outside the designated badwidth for said devices and not cause interference?

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I think this EMF induction technology has been in use by electricity thieves for a long time. Mirror wiring below power lines can generate significant electricity. Because of that capability, it has been made illegal and is considered stealing.

Last edited:
J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan

"Nothing is impossible, Mr. Angier. What you want is simply expensive".

"Exact science, Mr Angier, is not an exact science".

"I apologize for leaving without saying goodbye, but I seem to have outstayed my welcome in Colorado. The truly extraordinary is not permitted in science and industry. Perhaps you'll find more luck in your field, where people are happy to be mystified".

"You're familiar with the phrase 'man's reach exceeds his grasp'? It's a lie: man's grasp exceeds his nerve".

"Society tolerates only one change at a time".

"Things don't always go as planned, Mr. Angier. That's the beauty of science".

:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The article says he was Serbian born. I'm not so sure about that.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Oh,.... so you had to go and ruin it for the Serbs.
Now all they have, is the guy that invented the little plastic thing at the end of a shoelace.:(

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Now all they have, is the guy that invented the little plastic thing at the end of a shoelace.:(
Which, BTW is called an "aglet". Why, I dunno.

...thought y'all would want to share in this bit of trivia.

J

josephga

Enthusiast
I thought this was about the old rock band Tesla. I started singing about signs, signs, everywhere is signs...

I'm all about some wireless power, how awesome would that be.
I thought the same thing. oh a thread about the band tesla

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Which, BTW is called an "aglet". Why, I dunno.

...thought y'all would want to share in this bit of trivia.
Ok, I've got to ask, you must be one serious crossword whiz? :D

Or, maybe you're this guy?

either way, you're my hero. :p

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Tesla came to the US as an educated but penniless immigrant. That was well before Serbia had a problematical reputation. His inventions included the transformation apparatus that makes the power grid work and steps AC voltage up and down and the first AC electric motor, which made electricity useful for something other than lights. He completely awed 1893 World's Fair guests by generating 30 foot lightning sparks inside a cage where he sat. He also invented the radio, which was first referred to by Marconi as "The Tesla Oscillator" and for which Tesla posthumously was awarded the patent. And, he invented the first wireless remote control, steam turbines, florescent lights, wireless transmission and tried to make a huge death ray that could be used to discourage nations from launching invasions anywhere in the world. He never got that one going. He was one seriously visionary guy.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Which, BTW is called an "aglet".
I thought it was an anglet but I might have had it right before all the booze and drugs.

He was Serbian (at least 1/2) but where he was born is questionable and it might come down to what year's borders you are using. In the year of his birth I don't believe it was Serbia.

That was well before Serbia had a problematical reputation.
Yeah? Depends on who you ask would be my take. I think that maybe they were a tad problematical before America decided to blow them to kingdom come. But that's what you get for not listening.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis