Tell us a little about you

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
BuddTX said:
If you value your car, don't put any BUSH bumper stickers on it, (at least until AFTER he gets Re-Elected!)
Ha, LOL, to late I already have one, but it's right above a GLOCK logo too :D

annunaki

annunaki

I suppose I could chime in here too. :)

I am 24, and married to a wonderful woman. I have a beautiful 4 year old daughter (from a previous relationship). I live in the ever unpredictable climate of Wisconsin. I am the manager, installer, salesperson and book keeper, of a small home and car audio store. (The only thing I don't do is own the place, unfortunately.)

My hobbies include, but are not limited to:

Home/Car Audio, Formula 1, Politics, Football (American), Reading (Zecharia Sitchin, Erich Von Daniken, ect.), Philosophy, and others I am probably forgetting

I am also considering an Electrical Engineering degree (bachelors, possibly masters)

S

spenny

Audioholic Intern
fair-enough then.
I'm a 25 year-old single (and not looking) male from Leicester, England.
I've been into music (most kinds EXCEPT hip-hop and chart) since i can remember but only got my first 'proper' sound-system in July this year.

now i'm hooked.
the rest is insignificant.
:p

Last edited:
Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I live in a decaying Northeast steel town. I'm a tough and gritty welder by day, but by nite I dream of making it big as a professional dancer. Uh, and I'm into A/V gear, too.

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
Rob Babcock said:
I live in a decaying Northeast steel town. I'm a tough and gritty welder by day, but by nite I dream of making it big as a professional dancer. Uh, and I'm into A/V gear, too.
So the rumors about you starring in a dinner theater production of "The Full Monty" are TRUE? :D

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Rip Van Woofer said:
So the rumors about you starring in a dinner theater production of "The Full Monty" are TRUE? :D
Just seeing if anyone was paying attention. Anyway, wouldn't that be more like, "can you hold down your dinner" theatre?! :D

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
I'm 56 and have been an audiophile since 1967. I am considered incurable. I live in the inner city. I am a black man who has never been to jail. Been married twice have one son, currently live alone. I am semi-retired. When I work it is as a network engineer. My interests other than my addiction are bicycles (used to race) motorcycles, automobiles(2 seats and 2 doors only), good beer (Chimay is my current favorite), good music and anything that seems interesting. The kids on my block sit on my steps when I play music and complain when I play stuff they don't like. I listen to everything but bluegrass. Something about it makes me want to cut off my ears.

T

The Lone Female

Here's one for ya

I merely wanted to see if there was anyone at all like me so I went to google and typed in The Female Audiophile and it brought me here. The fellas here seem pretty decent and intelligent, but from a female's point of view in this hobby, I see things a lot differently than my male counterparts (including my friends.) I'm an average looking gal in early 40s, (sorry to disappoint you all. I know you wanted to believe I was a sheer knockout) I'm technically single but really married to my music and my stereo. I don't have a fancy job title, impressive resume or big house. I live in Toronto and have been obsessed with spinning/listening to records since about age 8. "High-end" bug hit me around age 21, only because I was so keen on getting the best sound possible out of my stereo so that I could enjoy my music even more, rather than fitting into some sort of "group" or "club" or "measuring up" to Joe next-door's standards. (I've seen SO much of that!) I guess I'm either really strange or just plain nuts. (Or both?) At any rate, I think I'm alone in this, which is really sad. What is the matter with women? You guys should know! They don't enjoy music? Good sound? Are they deaf? Think of how it must feel being the ONLY one?????!!!! Kind of like an outcast! You know? Happy listening guys.

S

spenny

Audioholic Intern
most of the girls (and a fair-few blokes) i know consider a £200 hi-fi to be expensive.
"after-all it only plays music, innit."
:rolleyes:

they haven't a clue really, which is fine i suppose since that makes me safe in the knowledge that i've more of an ear for music than they do.
;)

A

Aridhol

Audiophyte
New here but not to forums in general.

22yr old from BC Canada. I'm getting into HT because I recently moved out of a tiny apartment and into a house where I can actually enjoy a good system.

I like Computers, Computer Gaming, Home Theater, Rally Racing and of course I play hockey.

S

spenny

Audioholic Intern
is Hockey the Canadian equivalent to the English's Tea and Crumpets then?
:p

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
The Lone Female said:
I guess I'm either really strange or just plain nuts. (Or both?)
You've just described the typical audiophile (including us "scientific" ones), regardless of gender! :D Welcome to our little piece of Bedlam. Why not register & stick around?

Toronto, eh? Great town. Wish Detroit could recover and be half of what TO is. Wife and I go there regularly and were just there a few weeks ago; we stayed in a budget place off West Queen St. between Spadina and Bathurst. Enjoyed a good jazz group and some Unibrou Ephemere at the old Duke of Connaught, aka StilL, and some roast caribou(!) at the Ultra supper club we literally stumbled upon. We were the only ones walking the street without piercings it seemed! Love the area; hope it doesn't get too gentrified as the condo projects and Gap seem to herald. Brought back goodies from the St. Lawrence market including some undeclared Canadian beef (mad cow be damned).

T

The Lone Female

Small audio world!

Deee-roit, eh? You must know Car City Records. I do business with him all the time. If only TO had a store like his, I'd be in Heaven. Yeah everybody loves TO except us folks who live here. Great place to visit, but not live in. Only one half-decent record store left here now (nothing like Car City) but I always find something. Too bad I didn't know about your visit--you could have gotten a fix!! I may register, but I notice the fellas do and discuss a lot of tinkering and other stuff that I'm just not into. I'm more into listening to the actual music. (Not that I haven't done the tinkering thing!) Guess I'm past that now and generally really happy and grateful with what I've got. I guess I just wanted you guys to know that the female audiophile nutcase DOES exist and in a far worse form than yourselves!!! Thanks for the invite!

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
I know of Car City but I'm mainly into classical. Surprised TO doesn't have such a place. And I know driving, parking, and housing costs there are crazy. I was wishing I'd brought a bike! We also used to have a couple of other great record shops called Harmony House (a local chain that got a lot of my money in my youth) and Sam's Jams. I think Harmony House Classical held on for awhile...maybe still is. Haven't been on "that side" of town lately. Sam's had a memorable slogan: "We Give Good Ear".

I'm as guilty as anyone, I suppose. I do all my music shopping online.

U

Unregistered

about my self.

i am a 14 year old male from north carolina and i have a job i help paint cars and i love to build stuff out of wood i make real good money in what im doing and for 14 im pretty darn good at what i do and the best thing about it i dont have a boss i work for my self i also like to hunt fish camp and i dont have a girl frind at this time cause i broke up with her last week so im single but i rather paint and make money then to have a girlfrind right now well thats all about me yall have a good day.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Hello- just registered, although been lurking around for about a year or so. I'm male, 45, was in restaurant management for 25 years, till it rendered me disabled, so am on disability and being taken care of by my sugar mama (wife) of 26 years. I bought my first big honkin amp in '78, JVC System- Receiver (80w/per), turntable, tape and a pair of used JBL L-88's which I still use to this day with my HT (still JVC, all about a year old). I enjoy movies on my JVC system, fishing, cooking among other things. I love it when my wife says " I'm in the mood for something loud " ( thats movies ).

Last edited:
Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
I'm 19 years old here. I live in a large town that thinks it's a little town called Murfreesboro, TN.

I work for my father in a consumer finance office and have worked here for over three years. I'm also a server at a local restaurant here in town. Currently not married, nor have I been, but I'm engaged. I have no kids.

Some of my hobbies include, but are not limited to:

HT (obviously)
Car audio (three time SQ winner)
Motorcycles (Nighthawk 450)
ATV's (Polaris Sportsman 700)
Computers (Network admin for six offices)
Guitars (1 Fender Strat, 1 Gibson Flying-V, Peavey Fury bass, various acoustics)
Physics
Engineering

That's all I can think of for now.

Paul

*edit* Oh yea, I'll be voting for Bush in a week.

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
I am a janitor (sorry, recycling engineer) at a national lab...

I clean the floors, dump the recyclables after separating them into 1 and 2 and 3 piles, and read all the neato papers the smart guys here write..

Oh yah, I get to ask those smart guys questions...

Seriously, I do this stuff:

http://www.bnl.gov/magnets/BioMed/BioMed.asp

http://www.bnl.gov/magnets/Linear_Collider/Magnet_Construction.asp

http://www.bnl.gov/magnets/BEPCII/Overview.asp

http://www.bnl.gov/magnets/J-PARC_Correctors/Magnet_Construction.asp

http://www.bnl.gov/magnets/HERA/default.asp

Ya really get to meet the most interesting people in this line of work..

Cheers, John

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Uhhhh John,

Could I send you a synopsis to comment on? And then could you fix my head demagnetizer?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis