Techwood Pro Studio Speaker set for 200 worth it?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Spl is pretty much whatever. Loud is better, but it isn't absolutely neccesary. I'm pretty happy with the extension I currently have of around 32 hz. I've been looking at a pair of Polk audio 7c's for eighty bucks. 25hz is the bottom end on those (according to the spec sheet which seems pretty fanatical for the box size) and they're supposed to sound pretty nice as far as i can tell online.
I'm not sure what kind of music that you're into but generally speaking there isn't much bass below 40-50hz in most recordings. The diy kit I've linked to above is rated down to 45hz. If you say you have a small room, you will get good amount of bass reinforcements from the room.
I second the suggestion for jbl lsr monitors as I'm also own a pair.

B

bobdehunt

Audioholic Intern
Save your money and get a pair of the JBL LSR305's or even 308's.

Otherwise, you would likely be happier with one of those 200+watt bookshelf systems put out by Sony, Panasonic, RCA etc. Plenty loud, with plenty of bass and great for difficult rooms and they don't sound half bad, especially for the budget you are "willing" to work with.
I already have a decent amp, and a good DAC. Thanks though

B

bobdehunt

Audioholic Intern
I'm not sure what kind of music that you're into but generally speaking there isn't much bass below 40-50hz in most recordings. The diy kit I've linked to above is rated down to 45hz. If you say you have a small room, you will get good amount of bass reinforcements from the room.
I second the suggestion for jbl lsr monitors as I'm also own a pair.
I listen to a lot of "experimental' stuff. It would be mostly for falls where the bass can drop below 30's. It's a small part of the music, but it'd still be missing. I guess I could give them a try at least. They'd be fun to build and worse case scenario, I could give them to a friend.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis