TCL 85" 8K QLED TV's starting at $1600?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Instead of starting another thread, anyone has the Sony 65" X90J? Asking cause from the reviews seems to be about the best mid-tier TV for the money plus it's on sale. Anyone who may have this model thoughts would be appreciated. It is ony list to get in a month.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Wow 8 grand! I bet it's incredible though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
That's boatload of cash for a TV. But I'm sure it is incredible. I got the 75 950H and I'm real happy with it for I spent. Really good picture. I'm not a gamer at all, just movies shows and sports. And at an 11' viewing distance, it's good.....for now :)

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Instead of starting another thread, anyone has the Sony 65" X90J? Asking cause from the reviews seems to be about the best mid-tier TV for the money plus it's on sale. Anyone who may have this model thoughts would be appreciated. It is ony list to get in a month.
I would go check it out, at maybe BB. Ask the folks there what they think of it. Usually, somebody there can offer some decent advice. Read the customer reviews and any expert reviews. And use the sum of all that information to make your decision. That's how I came to choose the 950H. Normally a Sony is a pretty safe bet for a quality picture. No TV is perfect though..

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would start another thread completely since this thread isn't a discussion of 65" OLED displays for your specific room.
That said, the Sony is likely the best out there. The only real question is if it is worth the premium over the LG C1. If your room and viewing habits support OLED, then the Sony is what I would consider the best. But since LG is only a hair worse, I would likely just get the LG instead.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Thank you for all the input on TCL. I have an older, 55" LED, 4K, HDR TCL with Roku, and has been a performer! The built in Roku is a blessing and so easy to use. My next replacement 55", will be their 55" QLED, Series 5, which is currently in my price range. Again, thank you for your input on TCL.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Wow 8 grand! I bet it's incredible though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
That’s like the rolls Royce of TVs wish I could afford one .. I can definitely imagine getting a tv like this thread is looking at/for just can’t fit a 85”..
Can’t fit over A 50-60” tv in either of my two rooms I use ..
8k is not possible to tell the difference so I’d get 4k for sure !!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

ahender

Audioholic Intern
It was on my list. I’m now looking at the Hisense U8G. Reviewers love the Hisense. Rtings also rates it higher. Hisense has a 100 day return policy right now.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
It was on my list. I’m now looking at the Hisense U8G. Reviewers love the Hisense. Rtings also rates it higher. Hisense has a 100 day return policy right now.
I went with to the 55" U6G. I absolutely love this TV. The 65" U6G was reviewed and compared to Sony's 65" X90J. The Hisense U6G got a higher rating for better blacks, it was also rated good on just about every other area only falling a point or two below the X90J. The only area where the Sony excelled was contrast. But at 1500 bucks it better. I'm very happy with my U6G. The U8G should be better has more dimming zones 60 if I remember right. Plus more nits, as of right now I have no issues, the colors Pop, accurate colors Dolby vision when I use my 4K Sony player is a pleasure to watch. You have to have no less than 400 nits on any 4K tv in order to fully utilize Dolby Vision. Oh you can also browse the internet on the TV. I was using it the other day and logged into my account on AH. Plus used Google to browse the internet on it. For 549.00 buck's the 100 day return thing, plus it has a ton of apps and you can add or delete apps also. It has a lot of adjustments in the settings if you choose to use. Really, I can't believe I paid 549.00 bucks for this set, I believe you'll like your U8G. Post up your thoughts when you get yours in. Also I've had Vizio's in the past, and this U6G blow's any Vizio out the water I've had.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I went with to the 55" U6G. I absolutely love this TV. The 65" U6G was reviewed and compared to Sony's 65" X90J. The Hisense U6G got a higher rating for better blacks, it was also rated good on just about every other area only falling a point or two below the X90J. The only area where the Sony excelled was contrast. But at 1500 bucks it better. I'm very happy with my U6G. The U8G should be better has more dimming zones 60 if I remember right. Plus more nits, as of right now I have no issues, the colors Pop, accurate colors Dolby vision when I use my 4K Sony player is a pleasure to watch. You have to have no less than 400 nits on any 4K tv in order to fully utilize Dolby Vision. Oh you can also browse the internet on the TV. I was using it the other day and logged into my account on AH. Plus used Google to browse the internet on it. For 549.00 buck's the 100 day return thing, plus it has a ton of apps and you can add or delete apps also. It has a lot of adjustments in the settings if you choose to use. Really, I can't believe I paid 549.00 bucks for this set, I believe you'll like your U8G. Post up your thoughts when you get yours in. Also I've had Vizio's in the past, and this U6G blow's any Vizio out the water I've had.
The hicense is better then the Sony ? My god it must be amazing .. do they have a flagship version of this tv ?
Tcl mini led is probably close too .
That Sony cost as much as some oleds
Wonder if Samsung has anything better then the Sony for same price ? Or lg
I’m using a non hdr 4k tv until I getmoney for something significantly better by a long shot .. it seems fine for-anything non hdr .
It’s really decent for anything but blu ray and 4k discs ..
If oled burn in isn’t common that could be good option also ?
Chinese brands really are catching up to Sony , lg , Samsung!!

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis