Synergistic Research challenge to Audioholics.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I offered my 2nd official response on another FB group as follows:

I will not engage these posts under the advisement of my lawyer other than to state the same day Ted posted his challenge, his lawyer issued a threatening letter for me to remove the posts relating to the harassment I endured from Ted for over a year. The letter also states I cannot talk about Ted or his company going forward. Last night Ted turned his Facebook into a shrine on me to intimidate. He continues posting my family photos on his page to humiliate. Attached is a screen shot from last night as example. I will not participate in his tactics nor will I accept his relentless stalking behavior or his "challenges" which IMO are nothing more than a facade to rile his base and control the narrative of me being his boogeyman.

https://www.audioholics.com/editorials/synergistic-research

see screenshot below:

ted-threat.jpg

DougNoOnions

DougNoOnions

Audiophyte
I offered my 2nd official response on another FB group as follows:

I will not engage these posts under the advisement of my lawyer other than to state the same day Ted posted his challenge, his lawyer issued a threatening letter for me to remove the posts relating to the harassment I endured from Ted for over a year. The letter also states I cannot talk about Ted or his company going forward. Last night Ted turned his Facebook into a shrine on me to intimidate. He continues posting my family photos on his page to humiliate. Attached is a screen shot from last night as example. I will not participate in his tactics nor will I accept his relentless stalking behavior or his "challenges" which IMO are nothing more than a facade to rile his base and control the narrative of me being his boogeyman.

https://www.audioholics.com/editorials/synergistic-research

see screenshot below:

View attachment 46714

After those messages I agree with you, he was getting way too low, he should be a gentleman and send you some cables to test and review, done, not to do this webshow

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There's one thing for sure gene, you're taking up space in his head and he must be awfully distressed to be going to the lengths he's going. Think of all the time and energy he's putting into this that he could be spending enjoying life. He's obsessed. Unfortunately it's you he's obsessed with, but... obsessed people are generally not happy people and tend to really make bad decisions. I think there's a good chance he's gonna slip up big time and this will be over for you.

Just hang in there man, keep taking the high road and don't engage with him! That's what he wants. Then he can twist and manipulate your replies, delete his own... like he already has. Standing more outside of this than you, it's clear and obvious to me who the rat is in this situation, and it's not you.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There's one thing for sure gene, you're taking up space in his head and he must be awfully distressed to be going to the lengths he's going. Think of all the time and energy he's putting into this that he could be spending enjoying life. He's obsessed. Unfortunately it's you he's obsessed with, but... obsessed people are generally not happy people and tend to really make bad decisions. I think there's a good chance he's gonna slip up big time and this will be over for you.

Just hang in there man, keep taking the high road and don't engage with him! That's what he wants. Then he can twist and manipulate your replies, delete his own... like he already has. Standing more outside of this than you, it's clear and obvious to me who the rat is in this situation, and it's not you.
I know, easy for me to say not being the guy going through it. I wish I could help man. I really do.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Gene, I'm in agreement with consensus here, this guy is obviously lower than whale chit and not worth the time of day. As my mother used to say, 'kill him with kindness'. I doubt he has the mental capability to grasp much of anything !

A

aceinc

Audioholic
I always thought it would be fun (but will never happen) to have a 3 rooms at various audio shows with the following;

in the 3 rooms, one room would have speakers swapped out every few hours another room would have amplifiers swapped out every few hours and the 3rd would have "accessories" swapped out every few hours.

About 1/3 of each room would be blocked off with a visually opaque but acoustically transparent "scrim." This would hide the "gear."

Behind the scrim two channel audio reproduction systems would be setup by qualified professionals to sound as good as they could.

In front of the scrim would be a digital source which would accept various media types. There would be a chair in the sweet spot, perhaps a few other chairs for onlookers.

People would be encouraged to put together a 5 minute digital audio "sampler" to play.

When a person came into the room they would be given a "questionnaire" which they would fill out with their level of audio experience and then a list of objective and subjective questions. This would be filled out as and after listening to their samples. There would be no names on the sheets and only an identifier which could be tied to the equipment playing.

At the end of the show the answers from the questionnaires along with the list of equipment playing would be published.

To me this would be a fun experiment, but there are so many reasons it will never happen.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Does this Ted guy even have an engineering degree? We all know he has a degree in bullshit but does he have an engineering degree at all?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Does this Ted guy even have an engineering degree? We all know he has a degree in bullshit but does he have an engineering degree at all?

LOL you're kidding, right?

ps Not sure he is actually that good at bs, just has a pretty stupid/receptive audience and probably just some good financial relationships with those who support him.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

'bullshit' is far too good for him, as I said earlier, he's lower than whale chit !

edgewound

edgewound

Audioholic Intern
The MOST unfortunate thing, is that there are people that believe the fantasy...lies... that he sells for exhorbitant amounts of money.

He has the gall to sell a "Quantum Tunneled" three prong to two prong ground lift adapter made by Leviton for $35.00. It has two stickers added to the side. Orange outlets for $285.00 that are $14.28 at Home Depot which is probably where he gets them. 2,000% markup.

jinjuku

jinjuku

If I have the money and I believe the marketing hype about the McLaren F1
FFS. Do you understand how much telemetry is generated from cars like the McLaren? Do you understand how little telemetry is generated for this idiot's cables?

D

dBe

Audiophyte
What You talking about Willis? Do I need to or have to know about Ted "DingleBerry Denney 1st hand? I'll say this Don't know him never met the chump in person or do I care to. Is he a person of good character or of a good, good nature? If you know anything about Audio or Video You'd understand why All of AH members are in the same camp about "Ted DingleBerry Denney. Now @dBe Your new here so You get a pass, for taking a shot at Me personally I'll let this one slide, Your swipe at me. I have made Many mistakes on AH here alone, much less in life in general. I didn't sign up on AH to win a Popularity contest I personally I don't want to be that famous. I will say this I Do respect what this Forum stands for The Truth in Audio. This Audio thing, and video now is a "Hobby" of mine has been since I first heard one of Elvis Presley 45's on my Mothers RCA TV console back in the mid's 60's. I'll stop there about My personal life cause this is the internet and I do not need anymore BS in my life right now from A$$hats who have No clue as to what Audio is really all about. This isn't rocket science buddy, and you going off on me only because you got a turd up your butt for what ever reason I don't know don't care to know. But with all that I have said in this post in my response to You and You only. I have come to know Gene the owner of AH never met him in person or have I talked with him over a phone call watched a ton of his YouTube video's. Now get ready cause I'm about to "Amp" it up :D so don't take what I'm about to post up personal because I know You not. TED "DINGLEBERRY" DENNEY Has gone after the owner of AH he has posted up photo's of Gene's children on FB without Gene or his wife's consent. 1st let me say, Gene can take care of himself he needs no member on his Forum to defend him dude is World Wide known for speaking the "Truth in Audio" plus posting up facts with,, here it comes wait for " PROOF". Well proof is needed in Audio ya know when your speakers aren't sounding as good as you hoped for. Long story short, if it smells like sh$t Stinks like sh$t then its gotta be Ted "DinngleBerry" Denney's SNAKE OIL!! BS over priced overrated Sh$t that DiggleBerry Denney sells!! You have a Great rest of Your day! And Welcome to Audioholics forum I hope you stay, learn a thing or two about "The Truth in Audio":)
I guess you missed the "rhetorical you" comment. My comments were not swipe at you personally, but more a statement of the general attitude here about anyone that disagrees about an approach to audio that goes beyond LCR and the assumption that everything in what is, by definition, a subjective event. I say subjective because everyone hears differently due to HRTF, ear canal shape and a myriad of other reasons.

I've been a lurker here for years, mostly out of curiosity and somewhat out of the entertainment factor. I do the same thing on many forums and frequent a few. It is always curious to see how many people get jacked up about whatever and then when they have the opportunity to be a participant in something that could advance the general knowledge base about anything, not just audio. I know this isn't rocket science. You make assumptions about me which is an indicator that tells me everything I need to know about you, just like you are thinking about me, so we're good concerning that issue.

You say: "Gene can take care of himself he needs no member of his Forum to defend him", Yet, here you are.

No, I'm not a SR plant. I think his products are somewhat suspect and over-priced. That is not my issue. My issue is that of general attitude. I have confirmed my suspicions and opinions, so I will simply go back under the rock I crawled out from under and continue my own successful way in audio.

Been surreal.

edgewound

edgewound

Audioholic Intern
I guess you missed the "rhetorical you" comment. My comments were not swipe at you personally, but more a statement of the general attitude here about anyone that disagrees about an approach to audio that goes beyond LCR and the assumption that everything in what is, by definition, a subjective event. I say subjective because everyone hears differently due to HRTF, ear canal shape and a myriad of other reasons.

I've been a lurker here for years, mostly out of curiosity and somewhat out of the entertainment factor. I do the same thing on many forums and frequent a few. It is always curious to see how many people get jacked up about whatever and then when they have the opportunity to be a participant in something that could advance the general knowledge base about anything, not just audio. I know this isn't rocket science. You make assumptions about me which is an indicator that tells me everything I need to know about you, just like you are thinking about me, so we're good concerning that issue.

You say: "Gene can take care of himself he needs no member of his Forum to defend him", Yet, here you are.

No, I'm not a SR plant. I think his products are somewhat suspect and over-priced. That is not my issue. My issue is that of general attitude. I have confirmed my suspicions and opinions, so I will simply go back under the rock I crawled out from under and continue my own successful way in audio.

Been surreal.
"Somewhat suspect and overpriced"? That's very funny. Do a Google search of what he claims is "Quantum Tunneling" for his products. Either he's the most brilliant physicist to ever live, or he's just completely so full of himself that he thinks he can get away with such outrageous claims that he won't have to answer for at some time in the future. Here...I help with some links. Ted should be a Nobel laureate.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Shades, don’t forget the shades, what with all of the s#%t slinging, don’t want to get any in your eyes.:cool:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I would say he thinks his average customer has a greatly inflated sense of themselves, and are gullible. He is obviously right. Just go on Audiogon. It is a breeding ground for them. They are only skeptical about things that don't fit their world view. They are like anti-maskers (not Ted's videos).
It may be better for this kind of product that the rhetoric from the company threaten that greatly inflated sense of themselves. I have heard "Oh, you can't hear the difference? OK" from salespeople when they demo'd pricey equipment and cables. Make someone feel inferior and they'll usually say they can hear it, even if they can't.

A

aceinc

Audioholic

Been surreal.
A few comments;

1) There is an old adage, "Have an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out."

2) When someone uses unrelated scientific jargon to "prove" their product provides certain benefits you better hold on to your wallet. Terms like "Quantum Tunneling" and "Earth’s Schumann Resonance" have nothing to do with audio and irrespective of the "Butterfly Effect" will do nothing to improve the actual physical or electrical characteristics of an audio reproduction system.

3) When a product's documentation has no empirical claims which can be proven and the only benefits are defined as subjective, the ability of the product to be useful for any specific purpose can never be verified.

When we ignore objective reality and give equal credence to fanciful claims, bad things can happen. If we ignore other people using these techniques to sell their products or ideas without challenging them we are in some ways complicit in the outcome. This applies to all aspects of our lives.

This may sound like a contradiction to what I said earlier, but I believe we can do our best to educate people yet still let them make stupid choices.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis