Synergistic Research challenge to Audioholics.

edgewound

edgewound

Audioholic Intern
Here's something that cannot possibly be measured short of a brain scan to see which parts of the brain light up when receiving inordinately large sums of money after spewing your feelings on what you wish it does. Everything he says is based in fantasy...not actual facts.

" Subjective improvements include better timbral accuracy where separate instruments and voices take on a new degree of life-like realism."

Last edited:
edgewound

edgewound

Audioholic Intern
The esoteric cable market is full of BS. If you're going to use your cables as tone controls, there are fundamental flaws in the system. The perfect cable will simply neither add nor subtract tonal qualities for the gear in which it interconnects. It will be invisible to the signal flow. $30,000 for 8 feet of cable does nothing special for the end user except support a lavish lifestyle for the supplier...until he comes up with a new set of fantasies for the next model year of new, improved "must haves".

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The esoteric cable market is full of BS. If you're going to use your cables as tone controls, there are fundamental flaws in the system. The perfect cable will simply neither add nor subtract tonal qualities for the gear in which it interconnects. It will be invisible to the signal flow. $30,000 for 8 feet of cable does nothing special for the end user except support a lavish lifestyle for the supplier...until he comes up with a new set of fantasies for the next model year of new, improved "must haves".
You might just say the whole audiophiliac "accessory" market is kinda nutty and filled with people with more money than sense.

edgewound

edgewound

Audioholic Intern
You might just say the whole audiophiliac "accessory" market is kinda nutty and filled with people with more money than sense.
Can you say Shun Mook Mpingo? The absolutely most worthless demo I ever stumbled across at CES some 25 years ago. I could barley contain my laughter when the presenter said, "Do you hear it?" Hear what? LOL!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can you say Shun Mook Mpingo? The absolutely most worthless demo I ever stumbled across at CES some 25 years ago. I could barley contain my laughter when the presenter said, "Do you hear it?" Hear what? LOL!!
Unfortunately the list of vendors of this nonsense is long, one born every minute and all that....JUST LISTEN! LOL. I do kinda like what I understand Machina Dynamica is at least about, just a way to fleece the audiophools. When someone like fraudioquest is able to buy out a significant audio company makes me wonder just what total sales really are.....too much in any case.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Interesting.

The picture on the left below is "Teddy" from the movie Memento. The picture on the right is from Ted's FB page:

View attachment 46639

Cool...so we're just going to pretend this fool isn't doing this on purpose? He looks like the walking personification of everything wrong with the boomer generation. (not meant to offend, I love my boomer friends on here)

Don't feed the trolls.

Also, don't wrestle with a pig in sh!t. You'll find out the pig enjoys it.

I feel like a similar argument was made about engineers, but @gene has dealt with enough with this douche.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
While I have 0 trust of SR, the two different strain reliefs make me question the legitimacy of this photo, though I have no doubt they just put a stick on an off the shelf supply:

View attachment 46615
I thought the label for electrical devices was mandatory- Synergistic Wall Warts?

highfigh

highfigh

Please show me what false claims are in the hoohaa below; ($159.95 )

The new ORANGE Quantum Fuse is a direct result of technology we first developed for our Limited Edition Galileo SX PowerCell. At its core are new UEF Technologies and a completely new multi-stage high voltage treatment process for the lowest noise floor of any fuse we have ever manufactured. In fact, ORANGE is by far the most significant leap in performance across five fuse generations. Subjective improvements include better timbral accuracy where separate instruments and voices take on a new degree of life-like realism. Other benefits over prior SR fuses include a larger soundstage with greater depth, width, and front-to-back layering. Musicality or the presence of increased detail without a hint of fatigue is off the charts for extended listening that is never harsh despite being our highest resolution fuse to date. As always, you are welcome to try Synergistic Research ORANGE Fuses in your system for 30-days risk-free and return them to your SR dealer for a full refund if you are not completely satisfied.
I hope he shows up on the FTC's radar and when they see "never harsh despite being our highest resolution fuse to date.", their response is "Prove it".

highfigh

highfigh

Cool...so we're just going to pretend this fool isn't doing this on purpose? He looks like the walking personification of everything wrong with the boomer generation. (not meant to offend, I love my boomer friends on here)

Don't feed the trolls.

Also, don't wrestle with a pig in sh!t. You'll find out the pig enjoys it.

I feel like a similar argument was made about engineers, but @gene has dealt with enough with this douche.
And never try to teach a pig to sing- it sounds bad and annoys the pig".

I hope the bitch who coined 'OK, boomer' lives an unhappy life. I also hope society gets a grip and stops using stupid comments as some kind of "Look at me- I'm cool because I say things that went viral".

highfigh

highfigh

Here's something that cannot possibly be measured short of a brain scan to see which parts of the brain light up when receiving inordinately large sums of money after spewing your feelings on what you wish it does. Everything he says is based in fantasy...not actual facts.

" Subjective improvements include better timbral accuracy where separate instruments and voices take on a new degree of life-like realism."

As I posted, I want this turd to be required to prove his claims. That goes for anyone who tries to sell something that uses unfounded marketing slogans to describe performance in their products.

A

aceinc

Audioholic
I hope he shows up on the FTC's radar and when they see "never harsh despite being our highest resolution fuse to date.", their response is "Prove it".
First, it is almost impossible to prove a negative and second, how does one prove what is "harsh?"

Let me again reiterate, I would never buy anything from SR. Additionally I would counsel anyone considering a purchase from SR to reconsider. SR is not the only purveyor of products with questionable value in the audio community. His products and business model do seem to be on the more egregious price to performance end of the scale.

highfigh

highfigh

First, it is almost impossible to prove a negative and second, how does one prove what is "harsh?"

Let me again reiterate, I would never buy anything from SR. Additionally I would counsel anyone considering a purchase from SR to reconsider. SR is not the only purveyor of products with questionable value in the audio community. His products and business model do seem to be on the more egregious price to performance end of the scale.
This is a good reason to remember "Never say 'never' ".

From a marketing perspective, it seems to work but from the science/engineering side, that's a big NOPE.

edgewound

edgewound

Audioholic Intern
Just thinking, while you can sell products in the US without a UL certification (or equivalent), that is not the case in many countries and I don't see a CE mark on it, but even that would not be enough for most of Europe where ENEC or similar would be needed. Regulatory agents really frown on those sorts of things in Europe, even in Canada. Insurance companies do as well.

Now, not that his products probably have active "anything" no matter what claimed, but anything oscillating over 10KHz does need FCC to be sold in the US.

Now to those marketing claims, "Six separate UEF electromagnetic cells with graphene, act like supercapacitors to increase peak current on demand, allowing your components to draw more power than they would normally when connected to the wall. " This is an actual factual claim that is likely not true.

Of course there was that time he got pulled over and got charged for being over the limit, Alcohol limit that is ....
Google his name and the DUI comes up in the search. So does all his BS patent filings.

This one...
"Now to those marketing claims, "Six separate UEF electromagnetic cells with graphene, act like supercapacitors to increase peak current on demand, allowing your components to draw more power than they would normally when connected to the wall. "

...deserves some attention from the FTC. Unless he can prove this phenomenon, it's out and out fraud.

D

dBe

Audiophyte
Have you read Genes first Thread about "Ted"DingleBerry" Denney" Dude can't even test what he sells how can anyone test, post up facts when all you sell is BS. That Plug "DingleBerry" went after Genes family after Gene told him MAN TO MAN that he "DingleBerry" Sells Snake oil. Gene has Nothing to lose but "DingleBerry has everything to lose from his bank roll. Gene is known World Wide for keeping the Truth in Audio. Don't believe my word after all this is the internet, Read up on Genes findings on Yamaha AVR RX-A870 or the A860 can't remember the year. Thats just one Thread by Gene. But Gene found issues with it shot Yamaha his findings and Yamaha confirmed what Gene found. Now with that said do you really believe "DingleBerry" really would want Gene to throw the gauntlet down on "DingleBerry" when Yamaha's engineering department backed Genes findings? Yamaha has DEEEP pockets!
Well, well... when in doubt always digress to name calling, especially if you (the rhetorical "you") have no direct experience with or KNOWLEDGE of the topic at hand.

Nice.

Don't get me wrong - I am no Ted Denney fan boy. What I am a fan of is open and honest, not slanderous, discourse when it comes to advancing the art, science, knowledge base and understanding of all things audio. Calling someone a "con man, bullshit artist, fool or any or all of the derogatories that have been nastily thrown about only further the widespread opinion that this forum is rated right down there with A'gon and the other abodes of trolls suffering from the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Bottom line is that honorable people behave honorably. Not a lot of those actions seen here.

Again, just sayin'...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well, well... when in doubt always digress to name calling, especially if you (the rhetorical "you") have no direct experience with or KNOWLEDGE of the topic at hand.

Nice.

Don't get me wrong - I am no Ted Denney fan boy. What I am a fan of is open and honest, not slanderous, discourse when it comes to advancing the art, science, knowledge base and understanding of all things audio. Calling someone a "con man, bullshit artist, fool or any or all of the derogatories that have been nastily thrown about only further the widespread opinion that this forum is rated right down there with A'gon and the other abodes of trolls suffering from the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Bottom line is that honorable people behave honorably. Not a lot of those actions seen here.

Again, just sayin'...
One of the greatest lessons a person can learn is "nobody cares what you think". This isn't a poke at you personally, but you bring up a good point.

I think a lot of perspective can be gained when one realizes that what they think means absolutely nothing to anyone else. Its as if nonsensical rhetoric is spoken simply for the sake of being spoken.

edgewound

edgewound

Audioholic Intern
"Truth in advertising" by the Federal Trade Commission is an actual issue that should be addressed for the betterment of honest business practices across all industries. If consumers don't call out businesses that cannot quantify their claims through basic scientific query and justification, then PT Barnum was right..."There's a sucker born every minute". If you "subjectively" feel that a manufacturer is making fraudulent claims about their products, the place to report them is here...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Nice.

Again, just sayin'...
Eh? Confusing this forum with audiogon? Who thinks that? Who looks to audiogon for knowledge?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You seem to be just popping in to stir the pot and not actually engage with anyone who replies to you.

Just sayin'...

A

aceinc

Audioholic
But if SR goes out of business, what about all those customers with 5 year warranties?

Oh I forgot, if a product doesn't do anything, there is no way to tell when it's broken.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis