Switching from bookshelves to in wall speakers for rear surrounds

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My room is 16x20x8.5, it's a dedicated room, not open to anything else. I suspect it's more about the content I've viewed. Of the movies I mentioned, none are even on your Atmos list. Maybe I'll watch one of them to see.
It seems like 99% of the Atmos movies have the Atmos Speakers volume relatively low.

The one exception I've seen is "Serenity", which has the Atmos speakers way too high for my settings. :D

I could just lower the trim levels for "Serenity", but I'm not going to do that just for ONE movie when 99% of the movies require a boost in Atmos speaker trims. :D

the machine

the machine

Audioholic
It seems like 99% of the Atmos movies have the Atmos Speakers volume relatively low.

The one exception I've seen is "Serenity", which has the Atmos speakers way too high for my settings. :D

I could just lower the trim levels for "Serenity", but I'm not going to do that just for ONE movie when 99% of the movies require a boost in Atmos speaker trims. :D
id rather not start a new thread for a somewhat related question.

In the first photo in the thread you can see the structural beam that has the rear atmos mounted on them (barely can see the speakers). I’m wondering if with the thought of keeping 4 atmos speakers, does it make sense to put 2 on one side and two on the other side of the beam, or put two closer to the tv and the other two closer to the MLP? If I moved two behind the structural beam, the couch would move further back which would also allow me to change placement of a few front speakers. Subs would move closer to the audio cabinet (which will be swapped out shortly) and LR would move more toward the corners. One sub is close to a fireplace ledge that is about 10” high. A speaker closer to this corner would make no difference but jamming a sub back there would be no good.

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis