B

BarryAllen56

Audiophyte
I’m looking to purchase my first set of SVS Speakers. My question is Can you mix match if they are made by same company. I love the Ultra series, but I don’t like the ultra loud speaker with the sub on the side. I want to replace those with the prime loud speakers ( Towers)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I’m looking to purchase my first set of SVS Speakers. My question is Can you mix match if they are made by same company. I love the Ultra series, but I don’t like the ultra loud speaker with the sub on the side. I want to replace those with the prime loud speakers ( Towers)
The Ultras don't have a sub on the sides. Just regular woofers.
But yes, the Prime and Ultra lines are voice matched. Keep in mind you do get more premium components in the Ultra series, so slightly better performance. But otherwise, mix and match to your hearts content. :)

***Edit for clarification: Not every company voice matches their lines, so not a rule of thumb... However, SVS does, so you are safe here.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The Ultras don't have a sub on the sides. Just regular woofers.
But yes, the Prime and Ultra lines are voice matched. Keep in mind you do get more premium components in the Ultra series, so slightly better performance. But otherwise, mix and match to your hearts content. :)

***Edit for clarification: Not every company voice matches their lines, so not a rule of thumb... However, SVS does, so you are safe here.
This...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yes what @ryanosaur said I own SVS speakers when I spoke to them about it they told me every single speaker in the lineup is voice matched between both lines the primes and the ultra lines you can mix and match as you please.

I have three SVS prime towers as my front 3. Very very pleased with the results they are great speakers. A huge step up from what I had.

I'm in the opposite boat as you I'm planning on upgrading to the ultra Towers. Since they are timber matched I'm going to move the primes to my surrounds

By the way those aren't actual subs on the bottom of the ultra's just the woofers they aren't a powered sub in a tower like def techs or golden ears.

Say.... You wouldn't want to swap would ya! Saaaaaaayyyyy my prime towers for your Ultras!?!?!?!?!? Lol ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis