SVS PB 3000 VS RYTHMIK FV15HP

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
i should post all day long like so many others.
Someone says I like the piano black finish. I say I need a picture to prove it! Someone says Sonus faber to my ears sounds darker. I say send me your ears I need proof. Someone says jtr subs are ugly and just don’t sound great. I say your not a man unless you prove it!!!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
i should post all day long like so many others.
Someone says I like the piano black finish. I say I need a picture to prove it! Someone says Sonus faber to my ears sounds darker. I say send me your ears I need proof. Someone says jtr subs are ugly and just don’t sound great. I say your not a man unless you prove it!!!
Someone says a 3 way speaker has 1 crossover point, just let it go and agree! Someone says data bass isn't reliable, just let it go and agree! Someone spreads inaccurate info on a technical forum, just let it go and agree!

You realize you're surrounded by no nonsense electrical engineers, speaker designers and people with scientific backgrounds here? This is a very technical forum and (almost) everyone here is pretty careful and measured in their replies. Every one of us here expects to be challenged at some point and try to be prepared for it. If you're going to make claims that fly in the face of reason you'd damn well be prepared to explain or provide some sort of evidence.

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
I never said a 3 way speaker has one xover point. Well I guess it could but it would sound pretty bad.

obviously communication had a breakdown and my idea or post wasn’t understood or explained well enough.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I never said a 3 way speaker has one xover point. Well I guess it could but it would sound pretty bad.

obviously communication had a breakdown and my idea or post wasn’t understood or explained well enough.
That's where you're wrong and the more you keep saying it the more we see that you don't know which isn't so bad but why for the love of audio do you not just try to understand what EVERYBODY is trying to tell you?

Are you f^%&ing trolling me? I hope so. Otherwise I have to ask if your parents had any kids that lived.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Science culture. It's a little different from other forums. Science has its own checks and balances and and ability to self correct when applied properly. Challenging ideas and wanting deeper explanations is just part of the process. I think you're taking it more personally than its meant.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
And no. No it couldn't or it wouldn't be a 3 way speaker. The number of crossover points is what determines that...

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
Actually not true but I’ll just stop. Just google 3 way speakers with no crossovers. Or full range whizzer drivers. It’s been many years since I’ve seen or heard these. You technically can build a speaker with multiple different designs. Some audiophile people out there that believe xovers ruin the sound. I’m not one of those but I can still appreciate their point of view.

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
I’m done but will post again one day. Hopefully things get better around here. Thanks

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Actually not true but I’ll just stop. Just google 3 way speakers with no crossovers. Or full range whizzer drivers. It’s been many years since I’ve seen or heard these. You technically can build a speaker with multiple different designs. Some audiophile people out there that believe xovers ruin the sound. I’m not one of those but I can still appreciate their point of view.
I have a two way that doesn't have a circuit board in it.
However, there is still one (and only one) crossover that happens between the woofer and the tweeter.
I was careful to say "crossover point" in my posts to make it clear that I was talking about a transitional frequency, since the term "crossover" is often used to refer to the circuitry that helps control the crossover(s). I don't think it would have been wrong to simply say crossover, but "crossover point" reduces the opportunity for confusion.

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
Single full range drivers, or those sold as such have “mechanical” crossovers built into the driver. Typical passive crossovers rely on the frequency of the signal. Both are crossovers. Both are the weakest link in a speaker system, but the more common passive crossovers are better in all respects. That doesn’t stop an appeal to simplicity and related marketing creating a different reality for some.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis