Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Rythmik: Manufacturer direct, a.k.a no 100% markup to feed a lousy distributor right away)
GR Research: DIY Kit with highest quality components for the buck, a.k.a maximum bang for the buck
SVS gets killed on bang for the buck anyday...But, hey marketing works wonders for some of these audioholic warlords, i suppose.
I don't often recommend SVS subwoofers because I think in general they're overpriced. That's why I don't own SVS subs.

You'd think an "old friend" would know that about me... got anymore strawmen? Lol

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Pogre, me ol' friend, whachu doing with that straw? Put the straw down and give me a hug
Old friend? Do I know you? lol

As for your observations... um, okay. Kinda silly, but okay. I'm a music guy first also. I disagree and think SVS make just as "musical" a sub as Rythmik. If you're setting up correctly you shouldn't really even hear the subs. In my setup you don't notice them until they're turned off. Just there for support to add a little more depth, texture and weight. If you're "BUBOOM CHIKBOOM"-ing then you're doing it wrong...
yeah, yeah,,, i pay unwavering attention to setups for music (my mind's like a very sharp blade in such instances).

But, movies man? who the fck cares? OOOOooo....ya gotta hear that dinosaur walkin! OOOoooo ya gotta hear BillyBob shootin....OOooo,,,,so profound, it is....BOOM BUBOOM & CHIKBOOM is plenty good to hear that dinosaur walkin, my dear good friend Pogre.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre, me ol' friend, whachu doing with that straw? Put the straw down and give me a hug

yeah, yeah,,, i pay unwavering attention to setups for music (my mind's like a very sharp blade in such instances).

But, movies man? who the fck cares? OOOOooo....ya gotta hear that dinosaur walkin! OOOoooo ya gotta hear BillyBob shootin....OOooo,,,,so profound, it is....BOOM BUBOOM & CHIKBOOM is plenty good to hear that dinosaur walkin, my dear good friend Pogre.
Hmmm... aren't you the guy trying to mimic ugly sound? Didn't you promise to make me ecstatic and save me a bunch of money? I thought you were gonna buy me a nice SACD player and some music mastered in 5.1?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The Klipsch heritage line does horns as well as any home speaker, plus they look great doing it.
Klipsch pro audio speakers are in many, many commercial theaters. Klipsch can do horn speakers as well as anyone. You're way off base regarding Klipsch.
The Heritage line is not what I would look to for the latest and greatest in horn technology. The 90x90 hybrid tractrix design used in the RP series is probably a better waveguide than anything in any of the Heritage lines, despite their much higher prices.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Ah, if it isn't my good friend, the one and only audioholic warlord Pogre! Let me clarify this better for ya. FOR MUSIC (for the more refined soul), the SVS simply can't keep up with these servo controlled offerings from Rythmik or the ones from Dannie at GR Research, savvy?

But, FOR MOVIES, the SVS should be fine, i suppose. MOVIES!! ah,,,BOOM BOOM BOOM...BOOM BUBOOM BUBOOM...BOOM CHIKBOOM CHIKBOOM, all that chest thumpin constipation relief....MOVIES!! Yep, knock yourself out with that SVS.
That is nonsense. I have had a lot of exposure to both brands. Rythmik has no real advantage in music aside from some extra headroom on some models. That conclusion comes from a lot of personal experience and also a close look at the measurements. It doesn't help Rythmik's case that a lot of the information in their webpage about their supposed advantages is unsupported nonsense.

B

BRAC

Audiophyte
The Heritage line is not what I would look to for the latest and greatest in horn technology. The 90x90 hybrid tractrix design used in the RP series is probably a better waveguide than anything in any of the Heritage lines, despite their much higher prices.
Have you tested the latest Cornwall IV and Forte III? I believe they both have newly designed horns In them and have been getting very good reviews. Being a klipsch owner and fan for many years, I can vouch for the Heritage line of products being a major upgrade in sq over the RP series.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Have you tested the latest Cornwall IV and Forte III? I believe they both have newly designed horns In them and have been getting very good reviews. Being a klipsch owner and fan for many years, I can vouch for the Heritage line of products being a major upgrade in sq over the RP series.
I have heard the Forte IIIs. They sounded fine in the conditions I heard them in, but I wouldn't try to judge them from that experience. Stereophile did measure them, and they had OK-ish measurements but not exactly greatness. As far as neutrality goes, it isn't on the level of the RP-8000F that I reviewed.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
I think Rythmik can hang right with SVS, but "killer" is debatable, imo.
I agree. Rythmik will definitely output more then Any SVS sub....but Kill? I would think to " Kill " it would be a JTR Cap 4000 or Power Sound Audio TV42IPAL... wondering about the Rythmik FV28HP...now that would be a killer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis