Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Here is the combined output before/after

These graphs show a nice improvement in FR but they can be a little deceptive due to averaging and a lack of resolution in the graphs themselves. In other words, the sound improvement is slightly better in my room subjectively speaking but not to the degree the graphs might indicate.

Looks really nice by the graphs, they did a nice job with this product...

In room EQ is really starting to get to be nice and easy, as well as potentially having a major impact on ones system, depending on the room..

I am very happy to say that Anthems ARC has done an extremely nice job in my difficult room, so I have no need for a product like this, but many will.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Question for Warpdrv.

Hey Warpdrv, is Anthem/ARC1 does Room Correction EQ for two subs?

Bob

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
No, ARC only accounts for just the LFE channel, not separate subs - but I have 4 of them in my room and it has shaped the FR very very well in my room. No complaints from me here....

I will have to do some measuring with REW to see what the response is from multiple locations, but I have never really had an issue with poor bass in this large really oddly shaped room, even without any bass traps whatsoever. So that pretty much makes me spoiled. I had more of a difficult time trying to get enough bass, never worrying about poor bass, but I got that problem licked for sure.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Looks really nice by the graphs, they did a nice job with this product...

In room EQ is really starting to get to be nice and easy, as well as potentially having a major impact on ones system, depending on the room..

I am very happy to say that Anthems ARC has done an extremely nice job in my difficult room, so I have no need for a product like this, but many will.
Thats cool that the ARC is doing the job for you (with a little assist from quad subs;)).
Doug McBride had looked at photos of my room (there are a couple around:p) and we were both skeptical as to what if any improvements the AS-EQ1 would make in my room due to the multiple subs and extensive treatments. As it turned out there was a noticeable difference. Now I just need to decide if I like the difference. That’s going to take more than the two hours I had last week.:)

I think the product was designed for the non-dedicate/treated space and that is its real sweet spot.

Last edited:
W

Wheatenterrier

Junior Audioholic
Just got my as-eq1

My reciever does not have multi channel inputs. How should I connect the eq to do the level matching part of the setup?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My reciever does not have multi channel inputs. How should I connect the eq to do the level matching part of the setup?
Hi. Per the owner's manual on page 20:

AS-EQ1 Owner's Manual said:
If you do not have Multi Channel Inputs on your AVR or Pre/Pro, you can use a regular stereo (White/Red) input using the Left or Right front speaker.
Just let us know if you have any questions about that part. Also, SVS has great customer service in my experience, and they can help you out, too.

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
No no I insist on replying ...:p

Below are the AS-EQ1 output graphs for my Danley THSPUD subs.

Here are the sub graphs shown separately before/after

Here is the combined output before/after

These graphs show a nice improvement in FR but they can be a little deceptive due to averaging and a lack of resolution in the graphs themselves. In other words, the sound improvement is slightly better in my room subjectively speaking but not to the degree the graphs might indicate.
Hi rmk

Which did you find sounded better in your room,
the dual discretes or the 2 in one out ?

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Hi rmk

Which did you find sounded better in your room,
the dual discretes or the 2 in one out ?
Hi Frank,

The Before/After graph you posted was the result of one of a couple of three position EQ's run by SVS's Doug McBride in my HT this past June. It was done using a pre-production unit and even though Doug had written the AS-EQ1 manual for SVS, at that time he was a little shaky on the setup procedure. We only used the two in one out method and that is the graph result I posted. At the time, I was unaware that the After results were (as Gene correctly states) very low rez and theoretical rather than actual post EQ measured response.

They are the same type graphs the Audyssey Installer Kit (that I purchased and returned) and MultEQ-XT generate and unfortunately they are (IMHO) nothing more than a marketing device.

As I mentioned to you in the other thread, I ran Audyssey many times (both using the MultEQ-XT of my Integra and then using the Installer Kit) and found the results were inconsistent and often detrimental to my systems sound.

That said I am reasonably happy with the Audyssey MultEQ-XT as done with my new Integra DHC-80.1 processor (without the Installer Kit). I was able to see the low frequency results using my SMS-1 and even slightly tweaked a couple of frequencies to make the bass sound better at more seat locations. Of course, I was strongly influenced by the SMS-1 "blinking lights" display so take these comments with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

As always, YMMV ;)

Last edited:
Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
Hi Frank,

The Before/After graph you posted was the result of one of a couple of three position EQ's run by SVS's Doug McBride in my HT this past June. It was done using a pre-production unit and even though Doug had written the AS-EQ1 manual for SVS, at that time he was a little shaky on the setup procedure. We only used the two in one out method and that is the graph result I posted. At the time, I was unaware that the After results were (as Gene correctly states) very low rez and theoretical rather than actual post EQ measured response.

They are the same type graphs the Audyssey Installer Kit (that I purchased and returned) and MultEQ-XT generate and unfortunately they are (IMHO) nothing more than a marketing device.

As I mentioned to you in the other thread, I ran Audyssey many times (both using the MultEQ-XT of my Integra and then using the Installer Kit) and found the results were inconsistent and often detrimental to my systems sound.

That said I am reasonably happy with the Audyssey MultEQ-XT as done with my new Integra DHC-80.1 processor (without the Installer Kit). I was able to see the low frequency results using my SMS-1 and even slightly tweaked a couple of frequencies to make the bass sound better at more seat locations. Of course, I was strongly influenced by the SMS-1 "blinking lights" display so take these comments with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

As always, YMMV ;)
I was under the impression that the velo SMS-1 being real time and gives accurate results. I know the audio calibrator who did my room wasn't big on audyssey. I guess everyone has different ideas what works, I guess if it works for them thats the main thing.
Though I was suprised with Gene comments regarding audussey graphs, I guess I would love a member from the audyssey team to explain wether that comment is true or not.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
Svs Eq

Looks nice but a little more on the high end price wise for me.
I just bought the Behringer feedback destroyer and did the job for me.
Here are my before and after plots.

Attachments

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Though I was suprised with Gene comments regarding audussey graphs, I guess I would love a member from the audyssey team to explain wether that comment is true or not.
You don't need an Audyssey employee to tell you that the graphs they are producing aren't:
1. actual measurements
2. aren't any better than 1 octave resolution, just look at them

sorry but its like asking a weatherman if its raining outside while your standing in the middle of a torrential downpour :rolleyes:

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
You don't need an Audyssey employee to tell you that the graphs they are producing aren't:
1. actual measurements
2. aren't any better than 1 octave resolution, just look at them

sorry but its like asking a weatherman if its raining outside while your standing in the middle of a torrential downpour :rolleyes:
No need to be rude about it Gene I'm just trying to learn. I don't know much about this stuff that's why I come to learn.

It's annoying that they don't show proper measurments. I want to see real results, want to know what my room is doing.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
No need to be rude about it Gene I'm just trying to learn. I don't know much about this stuff that's why I come to learn.

It's annoying that they don't show proper measurments. I want to see real results, want to know what my room is doing.
If you want to know what is really going on, measure it! Not sure why you would expect an auto eq system to do that for you. If you're happy with the end results, don't worry about it.

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
If you want to know what is really going on, measure it! Not sure why you would expect an auto eq system to do that for you. If you're happy with the end results, don't worry about it.
Because I thought it would to be honest. Well I have learnt something new, thankyou for that.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
That was one of the reasons I suggested the Behringer DCX2496 right from the get go...

That coupled with a Laptop and REW you would likely spend less money and have all the answers you want as well as the fix in hand.

Yes its a bit more work and learning curve.... so not just plug and play..

I also found out that the more difficult path is the right one in the end... but then again, I have 4 subs to work on, which most people don't and there is no plug and play device that will tackle that gorilla.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
No one can produce a graph of what happens when sound enters the ear canal or sympathetically shakes the internal organs of a listener in a room. IMHO, the single point in space measurements and resultant graphs are far less relevant than an experienced listener’s opinion of a product.

Of course one needs to filter these opinions but for me a humans bias and errors are much easier to identify than a microphone, a computer, some software and then the “who’s that man behind the curtain” objective testing many seem so found of around these parts.

Me, I like graphs especially the smooth flat ones my low rez SMS-1 produces. Makes me feel much better about the money spent and in the end, that’s a good thing.;):p

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Me, I like graphs especially the smooth flat ones my low rez SMS-1 produces. Makes me feel much better about the money spent and in the end, that’s a good thing.;):p

Yeah baby.... :D

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Does the ASEQ1 set subsonic filters to protect the subs like the SMS-1 which can down to 5hz?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis